Piddu The Great - Mtv India

Pyara

the shaheeds died so our turbans would be respected not so we would become clowns. For punjabis the turban is a "pag" or "pagri" for sikhs the turban is a "dastar" or "crown" given by sri guru gobind singh ji.

look it is ok to joke around but these people have not earned the right to mock sikhs. it is just like black people in america. one black person calls another black person "Ni^&%GGA" but if a white guy says it then they will get a major beating. The sikhs do not tolerate mocking of sikhs. After the delhi pogroms of 1984, the liquidation of punjab's youth, and the destruction of akaal takhat sahib these people have no right to mock us. the day these people sit downa nd give justice to the sikh people and respect our identity and change the indian constitution, then yes we will sit down together and have a good laugh.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the shaheeds died so our turbans would be respected not so we would become clowns. For punjabis the turban is a "pag" or "pagri" for sikhs the turban is a "dastar" or "crown" given by sri guru gobind singh ji.

look it is ok to joke around but these people have not earned the right to mock sikhs. it is just like black people in america. one black person calls another black person "Ni^&%GGA" but if a white guy says it then they will get a major beating. The sikhs do not tolerate mocking of sikhs. After the delhi pogroms of 1984, the liquidation of punjab's youth, and the destruction of akaal takhat sahib these people have no right to mock us. the day these people sit downa nd give justice to the sikh people and respect our identity and change the indian constitution, then yes we will sit down together and have a good laugh.

STRAIGHTT.

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Me and a few cousins, when they get angry at me...they always say something along the lines of "hey, you want me to hold you by your dhari" (in punjabi though). Of course its a joke, and they never actually do it.

It's tolerable from them and friends -- because they have dharis too.

If a hindu ever said that to me..........

-----

I'm just saying its very similar to how black people and the words they use. If a white person were ever ot say that to them, they always get beat up. I think its natural...but I have a pretty similar philosophy.