Khalsa Heritage Complex - Hidden Sections

Mintu

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=79659&t=79659

Author: A Singh

Date:  04-20-06 12:54

Found some hidden sections on www.amritworld.com showing some pictures of the Khalsa Heritage Complex inaugaration event, hopefully these will be available for public viewing soon.

From what I did see however, the following were some observations:

- There were no 5 Pyare present for the inaugaration of the event (although I recall when the SGPC were initially involved in the construction of the complex, they had the foundation stone laid by the 5 Pyare - interestly there was little or no representation from the SGPC at the actual inaugaration event)

- There are few pictures of Jasbir Singh Rode performing an Ardas and later with Captain Amarinder Singh during what appears to be a speech by the latter and then some others with Captain Amarinder Singh and his cabinet ministers seated in an auditorium with members of the Sant Samaj (Baba Sarabjyot Singh Bedi, Baba Harnam Singh Bindrawale etc) on stage.

- What seemed really strange was that latter Captain Amarinder Singh is seen presenting all the members of the Sant Samaj with siropas and kirpans (that too in red sheaths!)

Hopefully these photos will be available for public viewing soon, as I would like to know more about this event and why the SGPC and 5 Pyare were not present - if indeed this is a Khalsa Heritage Complex and not a ploy of the Congress Government, surely the 5 Pyare should have been involved?

Thanks for the link.

A very ugly looking building that does not fit in with the surrounding environment.

HS Dhuma looks more and more like Chewbacca from Star Wars every time I see him.

Them swords look like the ones you can buy from the shops around Anandpur Sahib for around 100RS a piece.

Thanks for the link.

A very ugly looking building that does not fit in with the surrounding environment.

HS Dhuma looks more and more like Chewbacca from Star Wars every time I see him.

Them swords look like the ones you can buy from the shops around Anandpur Sahib for around 100RS a piece.

i think it looks like the nuclear power plant that homer simpson works at, on the Simpsons. who designs these things? I told my dad this and he was like do you know how many Crores they spent, i was like ok they must have spent a lot but it looks like a manufacturing plant or nuclear plant.....

anyways in the end of the day it is good for people to see the history as long as it isn't some distorted RSS propaganda museum which i fully expect it to be if badal wins the elections with his BJP/RSS coalition buddies.

Thanks for the link.

i think it looks like the nuclear power plant that homer simpson works at, on the Simpsons. who designs these things? I told my dad this and he was like do you know how many Crores they spent, i was like ok they must have spent a lot but it looks like a manufacturing plant or nuclear plant.....

anyways in the end of the day it is good for people to see the history as long as it isn't some distorted RSS propaganda museum which i fully expect it to be if badal wins the elections with his BJP/RSS coalition buddies.

I think even Lord Powar of Smethwick Gurdwara (where is singh shriomani these day grin.gif ) could have done a better job in designing and building the structure. Some Isreali by the name of Moshe Safdie designed the place, maybe he is a Simpsons fan. It truly is an eyesore. I bet some clever clog will paint it white after it is complete. It was mooted as being a RS221 crore project.

You can what it is supposed to look like at : http://www.arcspace.com/architects/Safdie/Khalsa/

I can see where you are coming from with the nuclear power plant look. It does look like an industrial building from 1960s Russia. I t would have looked more in place if it was in the monotonous concrete jungle of Chandigarh.

I doubt they will put anything worth seeing in the complex. Sikh museums in India are a big let down (although the Guru Granth Sahib Research Centre next to Rakab Ganj sometimes has excellent exhibitions) . The SGPC in Amritsar is the most boring museum you could visit. I found the displays were like those teachers used to do to display childrens work on walls at junior school.

Holy popcorn as Batman would say. ohmy.gif

I just worked out that this piece of rubbish is going to end up costing £27,625,000 (thats right 27million pounds assuming £1=RS80).

They could have spent that on preserving our real heritage such as Sikh Raj era forts and palaces. Ups I forgot all trace of past Sikh independence must be eradicated to promote the old one nation propaganda.

Or just as good they could have given the 84 genocide victims their flats. I guess Badal who was one of those behind this project saw it as a quick way to get balle balle. When the central government then backtracked on funding it turned from a balle balle project to a white elephant.

With such money being wasted on an eyesore I can see how seriously Prince Charles will be taking Makkars request for the British to return the Koh-i-noor and other historical items linked to the Sikhs to the SGPC.

The news coverage has said that the complex is only reflective of history up until partition. There is no mention of Khalsa Sikh sacrifices after 1947

that's because after 1947 the sikhs fought for punjabi suba, then had the nasty nirankari incident, then came 1984, then came KPS Gill era. so basically everything after 1947 makes hindustan look evil so it wouldn't be acceptable to the government. Even if you listen to historical songs in punjab they all stop at 1947. nobody ever sings about the dharam yudh morcha etc, they refuse to sing about anything other than the mughals.

well forget all of that what about the sikh sacrifices in the indo-pak wars, 1965 and 1971, and the liberation of bangladesh?!

well after 1947 the khalsa was declared hindus by the indian constitution so the museum is pretty accurate. it goes up to 1947 because afterwards all sikhs were officially hindus.

kurtas,

I did go to one awesome museum in punjab. it was a bhagat singh museum and it had authentic photos of bhagat singh being beaten in public by the british. Bhagat singh had kesh in the pics and was stripped naked in one pic, being beaten by a british soldier. they don't allow cameras and it is set up really nicely. It is in banga...you should check it out...if it still exists.

peace.