Addicted

Guest addicted

Guest addicted

FOOD!!! especially chocolate!! no.gif

i have to have some each day, cant help it! blush.gif

the worst thing is i dont put weight on, so i dont worry abt gettin fat.

what can i do!?!?!?!?! grin.gif :lol:

First of all how old are you? Do you eat for the Taste or simply food in general? Depending on your age and your gender sometime we go throught a 'natural' phase in our lives where we eat far more then we have previously as our body demands more intake of food to sustain its growth. It could be just a phase you are going through, not necessarily an addiction. i cannot tell you whether it is a phase or a true addiction so i'll try to balance my response.

I have a cousin who is just as obsessive about food, especially chocolate and just like you she doesn't put on weight either so she just eats and eats. The thing about her is that she doesn't eat a full complete meal, so she eats in small incriments throughout her day. Although she does tend to be concious about the food she eats, so she does eat healthy food in some sense.

There is a difference between in what your body needs and what your senses (in your case our sense of Taste) want. Learn to balance that requirement. Your sense of Taste might acquire far more than what your body needs which inturn makes your body work twice has hard to digest the food that you eat. Even thought you might feel you are not getting fat so its ok, it could so that you are making your body work twice as fast to breakdown the fat in your food. As you get older there is a chance that all this obssessive eating can catchup to you as your metabolism slows down.

Addiction in most cases is in the 'rus' of your sense of taste, not in the food that you are addicted to. Although in severe cases of addiction people develop a Compulsive Overeating disorder which is mainly due to stress, emotional unstability etc and can lead to obesity. The food tends to block out the unstable emotional state of the mind. but i doubt you are in that state.

Determine whether it is Food that you are addicted to or the Taste(rus).

The tounge (which has our sense of taste) says more, the stomach says nomore. You must learn to listen to both and maintain a healthy balance.

So in the meantime try and see if you can apply this:

If you don't already, I recommend remembering Vahiguru during every pleasurable moment of your life.And I mean every Wink .

Acknowledge where that pleasure comes from and thank It for it.There is only the One, All is One.Sensual pleasure, emotional pleasure, transcendental pleasure.Always remember and thank Vahiguru for the pleasure in your life.

Everytime you eat chocolate, are ecstatic etc. - that's Parbrahm Pleasure.

Now this doesn't mean, you eat more chocolate just to remember God, instead when you do, don't forget to remember him.

not putting weight on....what you worried abt then??

you could get ur cholesterol levels checked and if theyre high then perhaps that would deter you from eating chocolates....obvioulsy if ur cholesterol is ok then.... rolleyes.gif

Not putting on weight??

U have what docs call as fast metabolism. I have it too.

serius i know what u mean i eat n eat n i hardly eva put on weight. actually i'v bin the same weight for over 8 years n im 19 now.

U really dont need to worry as long as you dont just eat junk food like helthy salads n stuff n roti u'l b jus fine but um wen ur older aparently us with a fast metablism will start putting on weight so serius enjoy it while it last :TH:

• 2 weeks later...

wjkk wjkf

ask ur mom 2 stop buying junk food, then eat things like salads. u can eat as much as u want, just use low fat dressing. u can make a plan of how many calories max per day. u can start with a max of 2000 calories (thats still a lot) but slowly work ur way down. then, erxercise, use a treadmill (thts the laziest u can get) and u should be fine. lol. ive got an obsession with chocolate. lol.

wjkk wjkf

WJKK WJKF

hey if you dun put on weight then das awesome!!! tongue.gif .....haha....well ur teeth could rot.......so it aint dat good...chocolate has caffeine in it and dat is adictive.......well try to eat sumthin else for a change....like an apple or orange,banana....or sumthin else........even if ya dun put on much weight.....chocolate is terribly unhealthy......sugar,caffeine.....and more sugar!!!...try eatin healthier....lol....

WJKK WJKF