New Internet Explorer 7 Is Out Now, Check It Out!

akjforever

Can anyone help me.

I am trying to ENABLE the FIRE WALL on my laptop. However, when I go to Control Panel > Fire Wall and try to enable it - I CANT DO IT. The options are NOT OPEN for change. Instead at the top of the box it says this:

"For your security, some settings are controlled by Group Policy"

Its a private laptop. I had this problem since I sent it off to get repaired by Sony (which I weren't too impressed by because they charged me loads of money just to get the letter "o" replaced on the keyboard. chalo).

Anyone know what I can do?

Can anyone help me.

I am trying to ENABLE the FIRE WALL on my laptop. However, when I go to Control Panel > Fire Wall and try to enable it - I CANT DO IT. The options are NOT OPEN for change. Instead at the top of the box it says this:

"For your security, some settings are controlled by Group Policy"

Its a private laptop. I had this problem since I sent it off to get repaired by Sony (which I weren't too impressed by because they charged me loads of money just to get the letter "o" replaced on the keyboard. chalo).

Anyone know what I can do?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Make sure you are logging in under an administrator accout... a user account may not have enough permissions to alter firewall settings (that's the "group policy" it is talking about).

And for firefox vs. IE? IE is better in terms of its new interface, and security is equal... but the extensions make firefox win hands down!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Khalsa4Ever Jee,

Daas is logged in as Adminstrator - it makes no difference :lol:

Rab Jaane who these "Group Policy" people are!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Here is your answer jee. This shows how to DISABLE windows firewall using the Group policies. my guess is that you just do the reverse to ENABLE it!!

http://www.utexas.edu/its/windows/resources/disable-wfw.html

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!