Sant Sujan Singh Jee.

sahib singh

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!

khalsa jee

i do not know much about sant sujaan singh jee except that he was head of the nanaksar samparda in karol bagh, delhi and he was a world renowned keertani and a very spiritually enlightened gurmukh.

according to santsujansinghji.org:

He was born on 25th October' 1911 in the village Bagh, zone Jhang, India. His predecessors too were kirtiniyaas namely Bhai Jassa Singh Ji (great grand father), Bhai Mahtab Singh Ji (grand father), Bhai Gian Singh Ji (father). This was not their profession and they did it to satisfy their innerself. It was on 1st Jan' 1970 that he left his bodily form but he still blesses the sangat with his heavenly kirtan (available in the form of audio cassettes and CD).

Apparently there is also a "Sant Sujan Singh ji International School" in Saroop Nagar in Delhi.

Here are some pictures of him:

From the website above:

santji.jpg

there are some websites on the internet that tell accounts from 1984 and they say "sant sujan singh died because he was not given water.." - That must be a different individual because this Sant Sujaan Singh jee did akaal chalaana on January 1st, 1970 according to the above website.

His name is pronounced "Su-jaan" and not to be confused with "Sur-Jan" which is the first name of another great keertaniya, Bhai Surjan Singh jee.

Both above names come in Gurbani and have beautiful meanings.

a(n)tharajaamee prabh sujaan alakh nira(n)jan soe ||

God, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, is All-knowing, Unseen and Immaculately Pure.

Sujaan also means "Good & True Wise One"

naanak kee baena(n)theeaa har surajan dhaekhaa nain ||1||

This is Nanak's prayer: ""May my eyes behold the Lord, the Angelic Being.""||1||

Surjan also means "Angelic Devotee"

Attached are two more pictures of Sant Sujaan Singh jee from museums of Sikh history in Delhi and Punjab.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaaheguroojeekeefathehhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

post-46-1146209274_thumb.jpg

post-46-1146209472_thumb.jpg

Thank you simmal tree so much. I wanted to ask where are his two gurdwaras in delhi IF YOU Have the address and phone number of it.and if you have anypics of the gurdwaras.

ANOTHER QUESTION HOW CAN I CONTACT THE WEBMASTER OF THE WEBSITE. WHO IS SANT SAILOK SINGH. IT HAS IS PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE. IS THAT SUJAN SINGH'S SON OR SOMEONE.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sant Sujaan Singh Jee and Sant Bahadur Singh Jee were Hazooree Raagees at Nanaksar Kaleran in the times of Baba Nand Singh.

They did beautiful Raag Keertan, but in a Sangatee style. Such renditions of Gurbani Keertan sung with such shardha and pyaar for Guroo Sahib can only be found very rarely in today's times.

Sant Sujaan Singh Jee did Keertan seva in Delhi after Baba Nand Singh Jee passed away, spreading knowledge of Gurmat, whilst Sant Bahadur Singh Jee did the same throughout Africa (mainly Kenya and Uganda).

You can hear recordings of Sant Sujaan Singh Jee's Keertan on SukhSagar Radio and AmritBani Radio on Sunday mornings. There are also recordings of Sant Bahadur Singh Jee which I have heard, but these are not widely available. I will try, if I can, to get some of these uploaded to some website.

Incidentally, if anyone knows of or has heard the keertan of Bhai Gurmail Singh Nanaksar Wale from New York (I think that's the name - can't remember for sure!), you will know how beautiful the blend of Raag and Sangatee style keertan can be. Gurmail Singh is the son of Sant Bahadur Singh Jee.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Bhai Bahadur Singh Ji was on the side vaaja, with Sant Sujaan Singh Ji, this kirtan was totally out of this world unfortunately there are probably no recordings of this. But many people who have heard the kirtan can vouch for the ras and pyaar. Later the jatha split and Bhai Bahdur Singh formed his own jatha and continued to do kirtan, he went to Africa where some of the best kirtan was recorded. These recordings are rare but are available (dont ask me how, but I have heard it from some nanaksar raagi's who have heard them) This was the same style and pyaar as Sant Sujaan Singh. Later on Bhai Bahadur Singh came to England with his jatha but by then the kirtan style had changed as had his jatha.

Meanwhile Sant Sujaan Singh continued doing kirtan in Delhi this is the kirtan that was recorded and is available.