Beadbi Of Guru Ji - Wedding @ Thistle This Sunday

singh100

most likely you're right. How to believe them I don't know. the more emails and phones that keeping going in will maybe give us a better answer. Rab Rakha

I've emailed the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras and a few other organisations. I'm trying to ring up a few of my friends!

We must make a stand and do as much as we can for Guru Ji as they say apna paala hovega!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh!

We have been informed that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop will be taken to the Tower Thistle Hotel on 30 April 06 to perform a Wedding ceremony.

A dialogue has begun with the Hotel Management and Family. We urge the Sadh Sangat to also contact the Hotel Management and Wedding Organisers, Kanchans to express the concerns of the Sikh community.

Tower Thistle Hotel

St Katharine's Way,

London, E1W 1LD

Phone: 0870 333 9106

Fax: 0870 333 9206

Email: Tower@guoman.com

Direct Line of Conferences and Banqueting - 020 7423 8853

and

Kanchans

53-55 Perth Rd,

Ilford. Essex.

IG2 6BX.

Tel: 020 8518 9282

Fax: 020 8518 2220

email: peter@kanchansgroup.com

Please help in resolving this issue.

No point phoning them up anymore, we need to make every Sikh organisation aware of this so it can be stopped!

I'm emailing right now!!!

We have been informed that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop will be taken to the Tower Thistle Hotel on 30 April 06 to perform a Wedding ceremony.

A dialogue has begun with the Hotel Management and Family. We urge the Sadh Sangat to also contact the Hotel Management and Wedding Organisers, Kanchans to express the concerns of the Sikh community.

Tower Thistle Hotel

St Katharine's Way,

London, E1W 1LD

Phone: 0870 333 9106

Fax: 0870 333 9206

Email: Tower@guoman.com

Direct Line of Conferences and Banqueting - 020 7423 8853

and

Kanchans

53-55 Perth Rd,

Ilford. Essex.

IG2 6BX.

Tel: 020 8518 9282

Fax: 020 8518 2220

email: peter@kanchansgroup.com

Please help in resolving this issue.

No point phoning them up anymore, we need to make every Sikh organisation aware of this so it can be stopped!

I'm emailing right now!!!

There was no support from any Sikh Organisation last year. We have to put the pressure on as individuals & Sangat.

Fateh Ji

Just spoke to Katherine who confirmed to me the wedding ceremony at the hotel is off however the reception will still take place there. The ceremony has been moved to Chigwell. She said she was aware of the issue regarding dis-respect to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and is replying back to all emails to let all concerned know.

Vahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguru Ji Ki Fateh!

email sent to The Tower Hotel, London:

Head of Banqueting

The Tower

St Katharine's Way

London E1W 1LD

Dear Sir or Madam

In February 2006 we wrote to all London Hotels informing them about trends of Unscrupulous Sikh priests and Asian Wedding Organisers misguiding Sikh Families to conduct Sikh Religious Wedding Rites in Hotels. Sikh Marriages can only be performed in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Sikh Holy Scriptures revered as the embodiment of God). However it is sacrilegious to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to such premises where alcohol, meat & tobacco are served.

We have received some very positive feed back from organisations like Hilton, Le Meridien, and Alexandra Palace. These organisations will not allow any Sikh Religious Marriage Ceremony take place within the hotel or banqueting premises.

It has been brought to our attention that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be brought to The Tower Hotel on 30th April 2006. I am sure that your telephone has been constantly ringing with members of the UK Sikh Community voicing their concerns. We support those concerns and ask you to not allow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji onto your premises on 30th April 2006 and for the foreseeable future.

Please support the Sikh Community to stop corrupt individuals profiting from selling Sikh Religious principles and feelings.

Ajeet Singh Rai

Guru Granth Khalsa Sabha

The 401 Center

302 Regent Street

London W1B 3HH

Tel: 020 7871 4658

Email: admin@ggks.org

www.ggks.org

Just got this email (sorry if already posted)

Thank you for your recent email. We have now been informed that the ceremony is now taking place in the temple rather at the hotel and as far as we have been informed, the Holy Scriptures are not being removed from the temple. The reception is still taking place at the hotel.

Katharine Garland

Meetings & Events Sales Manager

The Tower, St Katharine's Way, London E1W 1LD

Tel.: 020 7423 8898

Fax.: 020 7423 8899

Not sure if it's a ploy to stop all concerned from protesting.

Guru di kirpa, hopefully it has been called off,

but sangat jio, this issue has been goign on for the last two yrs, and now the wedding season is about to start again, so we need to look at a bigger strategy.

The Gursikhs from R4G has spent the winter distributing leaflets at Gurdwaras etc, but this message has to go more mainstreams,

Asian wedding magazines, wedding planners, freelance Granthi, all major sikh orgs in UK, HOTELS ASSOCIATIONS ETC,

otherwise the sngatt is gonan have another busy summer travellign up and down the country to stop this beadbi