Bulla, Who knows who I am?

Bulla, Who knows who I am

Nor am I muslim in a mosque

Nor am I in a pagan's ritual practice

Nor am the pure in the impure

Nor am I in vedic books

Nor am I in (opium/alcohol) drugs/alcohol

Nor am I in the carefree deviant

Nor am I union (weddings) nor grief (funerals)

Nor am I in the impure/pure

Nor am I of the water nor of the land

Nor am I fire nor air

Bulla, who knows who I am

Nor am I Arabic nor from Lahore

Nor am I the Indian city of Nagaur

Nor am I Hindu nor a Peshawari turk

Nor did I create the difference of faith

Nor am I born from Adam and Eve

Nor did I give a name to myself

From beginning to end I know you

Never recognized another as more

There’s no one wiser than I

Bulla Shah, who is this man standing here?

Bulla, who knows who I am?

I am not Moses nor pharoah

I am not in Wakefulness or sleep

I am neither fire nor wind

I am not situated in ignorance/innocence

Neither am I sitting (idle) or in storm

Bullah Shah, who is this man standing?

Bulla, who knows who I am?

.......what do you lot think about this song...i really dont understand whats it about even though the transalation is next to it....any one could cum up with a brief summary lol? ......but is this a wrong type of song which i shouldnt be listeneing to .....its different i mean its not like other type of songs eg: rnb rap; etc etc...think its wiked......gives peace blush.gif )

Bulla ki jaana main kaun

.......what do you lot think about this song...i really dont understand whats it about even though the transalation is next to it....any one could cum up with a brief summary lol? ......but is this a wrong type of song which i shouldnt be listeneing to .....its different i mean its not like other type of songs eg: rnb rap; etc etc...think its wiked......gives peace blush.gif )

Your answer is already there...trust your intuition...if it gives you peace then listen to it again and again....This Qafi by baba bullay shah is of utmost importence. try to understand the essences of it, ask yourself Who Am I? Who am I ? What is this I? Who were you before you were born? In another body, in another relgion perhaps, then again you take this body now you consider yourself what this body is, what this ego is.

Baba Bullay shah is provoking you to question your identity? Your true Identity....what is it? Are you the EGO, the body, the titles this body/ego carry? Who and What are YOU?

Audio

Video

The video is really good. Quite liked the song but then read that Bullah Shah was not ummm... "pleased" that Guru Gobind Singh Ji had prevented Islam from being forced upon everyone.

So my conclusion, stick to Gurbani! (maybe I shouldn't have put links up then?!)

dhur kee baanee aaee

The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord.

thin sugulee chinth mittaaee

It eradicates all anxiety.

London Singh, as far as I'm aware, all he said was

Agar na hotey Guru Gobind Singh Sunnat hoti Sabh ki.

I don't think that was a comment ina negative since, perhaps a comment showing the bravery of the Guru who didn't allow the entire population to convert, whilst in other countries islam really quickly due to conversin by force?

Again I don't tihnk it's a comment in a negative sanse, and many writers who have written about Guru Ji have quoted him, to show the greatness of the Guru (i.e. one who stood against tyranny, and not islam per sey..)

Bulay Shah, a celebrated Muslim sufi saint of Punjab was a contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh. He pays a glowing tribute to the Guru thus: "I neither say of the past, nor do I speak of present, but I talk of the time of Guru Gobind Singh and declare:

"Na kahun abh kee, na kahun tab kee, agar na hote Guru Gobind Singh, to sunnat hoti sab kee"