Jatha?

Guest confuzed!

Most common reply you would find:

Jathas are grops of Sikhs with certain beliefs, thta differe slightly from others. Some stress certain parts of Sikh, whilst other stress certain. For example, Akhand Kirtani Jatha focuses on Doing Kirtan, practising Rehit, Taksalis stress kirtan and katha to udnerstand, practise Rehit, have some dodgy influences etc.

My view:

It has become a castism of the Sikh comunity killing us slowly, since many of us seem to forget the jatha that Guru Gobind Singh Ji created - Panth. Gur Sahib created Panth, and not jathebandis and what not. Many ard-core jatha members don't like to associate with people from other jathe, or don't respect those who don't agree with their jatha, or even when it comes to marriage, like to marry someone from their own jatha.

Jathism has become a castism amongst Sikhs. Unless we start uniting, and leaving our jatha labels, we're all going to drown in the jatha-ism that is growing in the Sikh community.

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Guest .....

i agree with the above comment...........Guru gobind singh jee made a panth not a jatha(s)...therefore i do not see a reason why we should create jathas in the 1st place???...i mean isnt that mre like hinduism..(castes)?

(......if some one asks what jatha was guru gobind singh jee from...what would your reply be...ohh let me have a look in gurbani n ill get bk to u yh......???)

WJKK WJKF

very true....so much is falling apart no.gif .....people are spliting into different sangats.....they keep a difference between each other.....yet sikhs are forgettin that we are all one in the eyes of guru ji and that we are all one sangat.....no one is better then the other.....its actually becoming a problem ive noticed in the past months.....some people say this guy duzint do good katha,this keertani is this and that.....watha blood? :lol: ...srry but it just upsets me to see that how gursikhs are forgettin wat our GURU'S taught us and they're just makin up their own rules......waheguruuu!!!.....sorry i mite get off topic and all.....yet im real concerned about this....we are all one!!!......just like god is one.....theres no difference...we all meditate that same naam.....WAHEGURU pray.gif ...same way the sangat is one....evryone is welcome and we should not be racist,or there should be NO caste,ect...we are one!!!

WJKK WJKF

p.s.....please forgive me for anything wrong i sed and for gettin off topic a bit....BHUL CHUK MUAF!!!

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Jathas is not a bad thing, We need to look into these things more carefully and see what we're getting from this.

My friend told me about platoons, battalions, etc in armies, they are divided and seperated but their initial goal is the same.

In today's society and world, a few people that have similar views become known with a different name (obvious) thus, you will get "jathas, groups" etc created.

For example

Many people are khalistanis, while some are not.

Khalistan supporting people become known as "khalistanis"

So are we saying that's not right? there shouldnt be ppl that believe in khalistan?

Same way, lets say there is a jatha that believes we should fight for hakh, we should fight for people supressing religion, etc we should fight for human rights for panth etc.

However, some say we should remain silent, we should not take arms, we should not do it in an aggressive manner.

We have two different views. Jathas are made such as battalions are in armies, they are branches off a tree, yes they have different values, that is apart of human nature, but if we are stict about our rehit and sikhism, even being apart of a Jatha will not take us down.

Please dont speak of jathas like that, if yuo look around many big groups and jathas help sikhism evolve, and many jathebandis helped wake up sikh youth.

The bad thing is Castes, which is different from Jathas

What bibi ji said above post is correct, but that is the core and essentials of a sikh, we all do that, once everyone obtains that level, they eventually move on onto political issues and khalistan, etc...

Look at various jathas like Babbar khalsa, etc also, although they were babbars they didnnt say ur not a babar get lost. No, they had different views, and although some people didnt agree to their views, that doesnt mean their bad sikhs, We say we need to be all one ,etc. We are one, we need to put differences aside, Differences we see in people is what sets us apart and makes us think were not one.

Jathas is not a bad thing, We need to look into these things more carefully and see what we're getting from this.

My friend told me about platoons, battalions, etc in armies, they are divided and seperated but their initial goal is the same.

In today's society and world, a few people that have similar views become known with a different name (obvious) thus, you will get "jathas, groups" etc created.

For example

Many people are khalistanis, while some are not.

Khalistan supporting people become known as "khalistanis"

So are we saying that's not right? there shouldnt be ppl that believe in khalistan?

Same way, lets say there is a jatha that believes we should fight for hakh, we should fight for people supressing religion, etc we should fight for human rights for panth etc.

However, some say we should remain silent, we should not take arms, we should not do it in an aggressive manner.

We have two different views. Jathas are made such as battalions are in armies, they are branches off a tree, yes they have different values, that is apart of human nature, but if we are stict about our rehit and sikhism, even being apart of a Jatha will not take us down.

Please dont speak of jathas like that, if yuo look around many big groups and jathas help sikhism evolve, and many jathebandis helped wake up sikh youth.

The bad thing is Castes, which is different from Jathas

People always have differences of opinions between each other. If we all debated about such differences then the debate would be never ending.

In history there have always been groupings ie. misl's, mini independant Sikh kingdoms during Raja Ranjit Singhs times etc...

Jathas, like how the person above defined it in comparison to battalions are not necessarily a bad thing. They are unique in their own way, and everything happens according to the will of God so if there was only went to be one 'jatha' then there would have been just the one.

But in the context of today there are more than one, maybe to accomodate variety.

And any possible division or hatred depends on our approach to these differences, ie. do we keep our own personal opinions to ourself or do we openly criticise and look down on other jathay.

I guess tolerence is better than intolerence.

there is nothing wrong with jathay but it would be 100000000000000000 times better if we could all agree with one marayda. BUt when people put their jatha before their Sikhi eg. "you didnt take amrit from my jatha i cant associate with you" or "My jatha is better than yours" then there is nothing worse than that and it is the same if not worse than Caste.

ok iv read the above replies..............and thats not what i thought a 'jatha' was , i know of the groups like akj etc, which all have the same end goal and feel they belong to a certain 'group'. IF the thread is about these groups then, im pretty much against it, i want to be a sikh of the guru, but then all these groups say they are sikhs of the guru.

anyway , i thought a jatha was like a small group of sikhs who go out to preach sikhi or do kirtan. e.g if me n a group of sikhs like 3 or 4, decide to devote our lives to doin kirtan and go around gurudwaras with the sole aim of preaching sikhi....then it wud be our jatha.........

bhul chuk maaf

fateh

i agree with the above comment...........Guru gobind singh jee made a panth not a jatha(s)...therefore i do not see a reason why we should create jathas in the 1st place???...i mean isnt that mre like hinduism..(castes)?

(......if some one asks what jatha was guru gobind singh jee from...what would your reply be...ohh let me have a look in gurbani n ill get bk to u yh......???)

wjkkwjkp!

Bhenji/Paji unfortunatly you have misunderstood Guroo Saahib and their mission. By saying Guroo Saahib did not create Jathay is quite absurd as it is clear that they created Misals or Jathay. These Jathay or Misals would be told to look after certain areas. This could be from looking after Langar, to looking after Horses or to looking after a Villiage. Wherever Guroo Saahib put these Jathay the Singhs would go and do what seva was required at the time. The leaders of the Misals and the Jathay were subsequently known as Jathedars.

Nowadays we still see Jathay, however some have gone down a path which does not belong to the Guroo (there is no need to name names, im sure we're all aware) Some of these Jathay believe in the consumption of Bhang, Nasha and other intoxicants etc.

However there are still Jathay that continue to provide Seva that Guroo Saahib prescribed I.E Gurbani Santhiya, Katha, Keertan and other types of Seva etc.

The thing we must remember is that the Jatha is there to Serve the Panth. The moment they think they are better than anyone else is the moment that the Jatha will begin to crack. We have seen this is recent times and shall continue to see this as time progresses - until the time is right.

If a Jatha promotes Gursikhi, Gurbani, Rehat and Seva then what is the problem? If the Jatha goes out to convert and gather numbers rather than inspire to become Guroo Saahibs Gursikhs then there's a problem which needs to be stopped.

wjkkwjkp!