Motivation

Guest .

i have no motivation!!! i have a regular amritvela and do simran after my nitnem, i do sachi ardaas nearly everyday for help 4rm guruji. i dont watch a lot of t.v, or use the internet alot. jus now n then. i dnt worry abt work, got serious exams cumin up n i cant even make myself care!!! i dont worry about anything at all, i wish i did because at least id be scared n id start doin some revision! i just go to the gurdwara, or recite some shabad in my head n then i HAVE to go n listen to it, or do some kirtan otherwise i'll go mental!! ive always got some shabad in my head or a line of bani that i cant stop thinking about. at the moment its raam naam bin biratha saas leejai. the more i think abt this the more i wanna get into it, which means theres no more time for revision! what is this??? is the shabad jus ingrained into my memory because i listen to kirtan 24/7?? i love hearing shabads in my head, but i need to revise aswell (how do i multi task??) i need to stop being so carefree, before it gets me in2 trouble. HELP!

i have no motivation!!! i have a regular amritvela and do simran after my nitnem, i do sachi ardaas nearly everyday for help 4rm guruji. i dont watch a lot of t.v, or use the internet alot. jus now n then. i dnt worry abt work, got serious exams cumin up n i cant even make myself care!!! i dont worry about anything at all, i wish i did because at least id be scared n id start doin some revision! i just go to the gurdwara, or recite some shabad in my head n then i HAVE to go n listen to it, or do some kirtan otherwise i'll go mental!! ive always got some shabad in my head or a line of bani that i cant stop thinking about. at the moment its raam naam bin biratha saas leejai. the more i think abt this the more i wanna get into it, which means theres no more time for revision! what is this??? is the shabad jus ingrained into my memory because i listen to kirtan 24/7?? i love hearing shabads in my head, but i need to revise aswell (how do i multi task??) i need to stop being so carefree, before it gets me in2 trouble. HELP!

WJKK WJKF

OMG OMG Bir ji/Bhen ji u jus lik totalllllly described me in those words... wa i wud suggest tho is doing ardaas and then going and trying to get on with your work.. and taking breaks regulary.. n tho this may sound bad.. try and stay away from any distractions for a while pray.gif Good luck for ya exams!

WJKK WJKF

just do nitnem then everything will be good

Guru Ji will do Kirpa himself.

Some Gursikhs cant revise, yet achieved AAA in bio chem and maths in A levels!! 1 of them is aiming for medicine..

Waheguru.. Your lucky your motivated into Sikhi.. people usually have the problem of motivation into Sikhi etc. But yeh..discipline works best... Let revision be "part" of our nitnem.. like aim to do 1 subject and a topic u like just before rehraas sahib. Should always be variety to avoid going to sleep(..or moving onto sikhsangat.com lol)

Anyways, What works for me(only recently started revising) is do an exam paper.. and then you'll find wot ur misisng out on.. i was lyk OMG i forgot how to solve integration in maths! Got my book out and began practising.

WJKK WJKF

wow veerji/bhanji..... d_oh.gif ...with such love you gots for guruji(more like obsession hehe :lol: )...jus do watever evryone sed......real good suggestions....listen to keertan while doing ur work....do ardas begging guru ji to help you focus on studyin and beg him to help you during your examz....evrything will work out :TH: .....with the pyaar you gots for guru ji and gurbani you'll do fine.....guru ji will be watchin and he'll be there to help you as alwayz!!! :TH: ....PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR AL THE MISTAKES I MADE blush.gif

WJKK WJKF

Guest original poster

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

so sorry for pestering everyone, but its not working!!

ok so ive made a timetable, n im trying to stick to it. but if i put my ipod on then theres no way any revision is gonna get done.

i know i have to do it, we need a balance in our lives of everything, n at the moment all i can think about is bani, bani, bani. ive got the shabad uni shadiaa maya suaavara, tan sanchiyaa naam apaar in my head. i cant think about anything else, revision jus doesnt go in.

I HAVE TO REVISE!!! but i cant focus, i know its important n i need 2 do it. i sit down 2 revise n think ok ill give myself a break n go do some simran or kirtan, n i jus dont come back 2 my books.

and can anyone help me to understand WHY ive always got a certain shabad in my head??? is it because i listen to kirtan alot n it sticks in my memory??

sorry for this repeated post, but i have tried your suggestions sangat jee, and i dont know what else to do.

i jus keep doing ardaas to guruji to help me, but is this really selfish?? do i really need help?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Guest

Naam Japo KIRT KARO Vand Chakko

To do wordly work/labour whilst engaging at the same time at spiritual persuits of Naam Simran is a Hukam from Satguru and by being lazy with your current work (as a student) is disobeying the Hukam of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji who made a Grisht Jeevan a compulsory part of Sikh life.

If you do not study hard now, your life will be much more difficult later when you find it difficult to maintain a solid income to support yourself and your family. The excuse of Naam Bani does not apply as there are many Gursikhs who do alot of worldly work and studies yet at the same time keep extremely strict Amritvela and Naam Abhiyaas routines. The Naam Bani must continue throughout the day whilst other activities are going on.