Taking Amrit

Guest bhenji

Guest bhenji

i had this question that i wanted ot ask the sangat..........when we're going to take amrit we have to make sure that we're strong enough to keep it etc.....but back in the time of guru ji...when the panj pyare took amrit, they didnt have to prepare themselves to take amrit..i mean like it wasnt as if they were planning on it because that time guru ji suddenly asked for their head and which at that moment showed their true love for guru ji yh.....and this year i was thinking of taking amrit right but then i thought to my self that yhh i might need more time to get myyself ready to take amrit...but then later it occured to me that if guru gobind singh jee was standing infront of me and asked for my head what would i say....."im not ready ot give my head yet as i need more time to grow my love for you...? i mean for some reason this is what it equalised to and then i felt bad to even think like that...........? no.gif

.................. and im really sorry if this topic as disturbed or offended any one as that is not my intension.......but sometimes its just one of the thing that you believe is right but suddenly something else jumps into your head and then thats where you get all confused and need answers to that question....hope the sangat could reply to this post as it would make alot of difference by knowing your opinions...

bhulchukmaaf

i think maybe we dont put enuf faith in guru ji, cos we think we shud wait til we can live like a sikh or do this n do that.......all becos wethinkwe mite not be able to keep rehit .........but if we give all faith to the guru it shudnt be a worry cos he will help us................... thats just one side to the arguement.............but its the ideal one and onli works if we really have total faith in guru ji..........

>if guru gobind singh jee was standing infront of me and asked for my head what would i say

Who says Guru Gobind Singh isn't standing infront of you asking for your head? Every breath you take was given to you for one purpose. Each day you wake up, Guru Sahib is asking and waiting for you to fulfill that one purpose. "Gobind milan kee EH TERI BAREEYA!" (THIS is your chance to meet Akaal). Don't waste another moment! The original Punj Pyaarey didn't have to think if they were prepared or not. They had infinite love and devotion for their Satguru. When the call came, they didn't hesitate. They heard the call and they responded with their heads on their palms. Today we hardly even hear the call; how are we ever going to respond??

If you really don't feel "ready", you should address this feeling rather than sitting around waiting for "ready" to come to you; go to it yourself instead. Maybe make a list of what exactly is holding you back -- what are you concerns, your doubts, etc., and then take the time to address these issues. At the end of the day, no one can determine if you're ready or not. If you have the desire to dedicate your life to Gurmat and walk the Guru's path, then don't hesitate any longer because you never know when it'll be too late.

guru jis doest ask for your head and say ' oh hang on you have to know your nitnem, you have to to know all your banis shud and kant'. guru simple asks for your head, your mann. He could have asked for the panj pyarehs heart, but no, that was already pure, the heart is where vaheguru resides, its the mann that guru asks for, your head.

WJKK WJKF

I didnt read the above

But, The punj pyare jeevan was already written in a such destiny guru ji chose the perfect 5, and they did not knw and they did not need to think as guru ji had thought for the 5 pyare already. Guru ji chose those who were already chosen by Guru himself

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

now veerji/bhenji......one thing you should remember......there is no right time to take amrit.....if you have faith in guru ji and you know that HE will help you go through this and you want to take it with all ur heart......then i say go for it! :TH: ....cuz if you wanna take it real badly now and ya dont.....sumtimes people just forget bout it then......da sooner da better......guru ji is waiting for you......and ya dunt want to keep HIM waiting now do ya?.......if you keep doubting this that just means you dun got enuf faith in our GURU JI......and dat aint good no.gif ....HE will help you.....promise! :TH: ...become his gursikh and you shall be thankful ur entire life!!!!BHUL CHUK MUAF JI....

WJKK WJKF