Shocking!

orono

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what ive seen, the camp has brought so many youngsters into Sikhi - and these youngsters have not gone and started to drink or take drugs or anything. I think out of all the camps, it seems to have been the most successful in bringing in youth who are not already into Sikhi, into Sikhi. And i have seen they come back from there actually quite inspired to follow a Taksaal maryadha.

I think too many people are just going by what "he says", "she says". Experience the camp before judging it. Its probably not the best camp out there but i think it attracts a lot of people into Sikhi and this is a positive - something i think we should all look for, rather than the negatives.

People prat around in other camps too and i think the original person who posted in this thread is conveniently a "newbie" to the forum and the intentions are just to malign the camp.

Just my opinion. Bhul chuk maaf.

brought ppl in 2 sikhi?? thats all wel and good, but have u ever heard of a camp which promotes those who have moved away from sikhi????

at this very camp, a bibi was highly promoted, who had in previous years, worn a keski, and then taken it off and cut her hair!!!! she as at the forefront of the camp organisation, doing kirtan on stage!! what kind of an image is this promoting??? dont worry kids, its fine 2 keep ur rehat one day, and then lose it the next!!! what madness... i would not send my kids to such a confusing environment... there are far more better camps, sending out the right message, with no wishy washy sikhi... just THE GURU'S SIKHI!!!!!

its up to u where u send ure kids and dont send ure kids.

the camp doesnt promote those who move away from Sikhi. Thats just obsurd. Plus u talk about this bibi who cut her hair - did she cut her hair after going to the camp? No. Maybe shes getting back into it or oh no sorry, she cut her hair, that means she non-sikh and we should all damn her and just excommunicate her from the panth(!)

Khalsa Camp is on this year. Sikh Student camp is on this year. Choose the one u want to go to and dont be misled by "newbies" coming on the forum and dissing them. www.khalsacamp.com and www.sikhstudent.org - hope u have an enjoyable experience whichever one u go to.

VJKK VJKF

From what ive seen, the camp has brought so many youngsters into Sikhi - and these youngsters have not gone and started to drink or take drugs or anything. I think out of all the camps, it seems to have been the most successful in bringing in youth who are not already into Sikhi, into Sikhi. And i have seen they come back from there actually quite inspired to follow a Taksaal maryadha.

I think too many people are just going by what "he says", "she says". Experience the camp before judging it. Its probably not the best camp out there but i think it attracts a lot of people into Sikhi and this is a positive - something i think we should all look for, rather than the negatives.

People prat around in other camps too and i think the original person who posted in this thread is conveniently a "newbie" to the forum and the intentions are just to malign the camp.

Just my opinion. Bhul chuk maaf.

brought ppl in 2 sikhi?? thats all wel and good, but have u ever heard of a camp which promotes those who have moved away from sikhi????

at this very camp, a bibi was highly promoted, who had in previous years, worn a keski, and then taken it off and cut her hair!!!! she as at the forefront of the camp organisation, doing kirtan on stage!! what kind of an image is this promoting??? dont worry kids, its fine 2 keep ur rehat one day, and then lose it the next!!! what madness... i would not send my kids to such a confusing environment... there are far more better camps, sending out the right message, with no wishy washy sikhi... just THE GURU'S SIKHI!!!!!

Ok but what if that bibi was having problems? What if her doing seva at a forefront role was a method in which she could overcome her problems and sort herself out? What’s wrong with her doing kirtan as someone with a hair cut? Since when have only turbaned Sikhs been allowed to sing praises of God??

hahah,

yeah blame the camp for this not faith of the bibi who is really insecure about her own indentity which lead to shake her faith.

the real irony is- most of the members from this satnaam cult or one way or another associated themselves in the past with AKJ(heard many stories and saw many keski wearing bibya in toronto) or some even sanatan nihangs singhs(which i heard)

you probably want to blame sikh student camp for this too hanna? hahaha .. this is halirious. LOL.gif

Firstly i cant believe not a single person said the guy's voice was good.

Secondly, Kurtas if you think bhangra/ singing punjabi songs at the camp is bad then dont you think calling people n*bs is bad, since those guys went to the camp to learn about sikhi and should just do Gurmat things then the forum is here to discuss sikhi related things therefore calling people n*bs is, sorta no different than doing manmat things at the camp.

Though the video was not very clear, if those guys were singing desi songs while there were girls going by then i would consider that to be disrespectful. But if they were doing the singing in their tent thing then i dont see anything wrong with it, providing its clean lyrics.

Its a CAMP, people are there to learn about sikhi and meet other sikhs at the same time. And we all know jamming in a group is a good pass time.

I don't know about Uk, but here in toronto- most of the camps have some sort of entertainment after the sampati of a day.

Ie

- Damdami taksal hosted a camp couple of years back in mississuaga gurdwara. I saw Lord of Rings movie been played in the camp at afternoon for the kids.

- Sikh Youth Retreat in barrie, singhs got together after the samapati of the day, and played bhabhi card game, played game on mic where one have to copy others style in form of speaking or singing.

- Sikh Youth retreat camp in scarbrough, had lot of fun activities like- mafia game, group competition

i am sure katar panthis would have problem with all these things too.

If yes, then stand up and go do organize your own damn camp. We will see what you have to offer to youths except suffocating them.

I am *NOT* going to worry about small thing like oh, guy singing a boliyan in sleeping room oh some dude is singing a song while taking shower in the camp, oh that camp must be manmat, anti panthic, rss funded blah blah. You guys have too much time on your hands to worry about small things like these...go do something productive in your life , go out and make a difference, Be a SOLUTION NOT A PROBLEM... don't just sit on the computer and whine about it all the day.