Beadbi This Sunday 7/5

You can use this email as a template. You can simply COPY and PASTE. Please do your PANTHIC DUTY and AT LEAST PHONE and EMAIL the MAGNA HOTEL management (It's not that difficult and will only take a few minutes (if that) of your time). Guru Rakha.

To: events@magnatrust.co.uk

CC: macshaned@parliament.uk

Subject: SERIOUS COMPLAINT

Dear Magna,

I am emailing you in regards to a wedding which has been booked for 7th May 2006 at the Magna Adventure Centre in Rotherham.

The marriage party is planning to have a Sikh religious wedding ceremony in the Magna Centre, which will involve bringing 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji', the Sikhs' Sacred Scripture, which the Sikhs regard with utmost reverence and sanctity. The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned the Sacred Scripture, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served. It clearly has been said that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not allowed to be taking to banqueting halls, hotels, pubs or bars. Therefore, this a clear violation of the Sikhs religious sentiments.

There have been previous cases recently where families planning weddings have disregarded the sanctity and sacredness of the Sikh's Scripture and have violated the edict of the Sikh supreme authority. These incidents have led to large peaceful protests outside venues with Sikhs from across the UK coming to support these measures, and also police involvement and support.

The British police have been supportive of the Sikh community. Recently the police issued a statement that a Sikh wedding planned at the Royal Lancaster Hotel London was re-arranged, so that the wedding will take place in a nearby Sikh Gurdwara (place of worship) rather than in the hotel complex. The decision of stopping the Sikh wedding at the Hotel came about as the Hotel was overflown with Sikhs from across the UK phoning, and emailing trying to educate the Hotel about the Sikh sentiments and issue.

We hope you will also realise the seriousness of the issue and prevent any unnecessary large peaceful protests.

Here are some links to news articles regarding previous cases which have cause unnecessary hassle to the Sikh community:

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1887/2005-10-16.html

* http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0...1515545,00.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1784/2005-09-18.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/1450/2005-06-19.html

I hope you take this matter severely, and prevent any unnecessary peaceful protests by the Sikh community from across the UK by not allowing the disrespect and violation of the Sikh's sacred scripute, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from happening on your hotel premises.

I would like a reply as soon as possible, as Sikhs across the country are planning to hold peaceful protests outside the hotel if the Sacred Scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is brought to the Centre complex.

Regards,

[NAME]

I sent a copy of the email to the local MP of Rotherham. His email is: macshaned@parliament.uk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one Sher Punjabi! Although the MP might be busy with the local election today, I still think it's a good idea to fill him in.

Speaking to the Sheffield Gurdwara Sahib is good idea. They need to take ownership of the issue as it's local to them. Maybe the good punjabi speakers can call them up on 0114 242 0108.

Fateh!

I got a very quick reply from the Magna Centre.

Subject: RE: SERIOUS COMPLAINT

Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:58:48 +0100

Dear Manvir,

Thank you for your email, please note the management and staff at Magna are taking the matter very seriously, have spoken to the client and he situation is been dealt with.

Thank you again,

Magna Event Team

I came across this topic, stop munching my weeto's, stoned the crows did a 360 turn, and picked up the phone.

i gave my name and claimed to be the president of Sikh Society Central London (established 4/5/2006 by my self) and enquired about the wedding.

also spoke to kerry (sounded real polite) and was given the same info as Dhan Teri Sikhi.

any more news?

i just received the following response

Dear Gurjit

Thank you for your correspondence regarding this matter. We have informed the family of the numerous emails and phone calls we have received and they are currently consulting their local temple to reach a solution.

I can guarantee you that this matter is being taken seriously by the both the family and Magna, the venue.

Kind Regards

Nicola Swinden

Events Co-ordinator

Tel: 01709 723 145

Email:nswinden@magnatrust.co.uk

www.visitmagna.co.uk

Khalsa Fateh

Email send earlier today:

Helen Davies

Rachel Fox

Rusell Hague

Magna

Sheffield Road

Templebrough

Rotherham

South Yorkshire

S60 1DX

Dear Sir or Madam

In February 2006 we wrote to all London Hotels informing them about trends of unscrupulous Sikh priests and Sikh Temple Management misguiding Sikh families to conduct Sikh Religious Wedding Rites in Hotels or Banqueting Suites. Sikh Marriages can only be performed in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Sikh Holy Scriptures revered as the embodiment of God). However it is sacrilegious to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to such premises where alcohol, meat & tobacco are served.

We have received some very positive feed back from organisations like Docklands Excel, Le Meridien, and Blackpool Hilton. These organisations will not allow any Sikh Religious Marriage Ceremony take place within the hotel or banqueting premises.

It has been brought to our attention that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be brought to Magna Adventure Centre on 7th May 2006. I am sure that your telephone has been constantly ringing with members of the UK Sikh Community voicing their concerns. We support those concerns and ask you to not allow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji onto your premises on 7th May 2006 and for the foreseeable future.

Sheffield Sikh Temple, Ellesmere Road North is only 10 minutes away, an ideal environment for the Religious Ceremony to take place and with minimum disruption to the Wedding Reception at Magna. Please support the Sikh Community to stop corrupt individuals profiting from selling Sikh Religious principles and feelings.

Thank You

Ajeet Singh Rai

Guru Granth Khalsa Sabha

The 401 Center

302 Regent Street

London W1B 3HH

Tel: 020 7871 4658

Email: admin@ggks.org

www.ggks.org

Guru Fateh Ji pray.gif

Spoke to a lady called Kerry who said the client is in talks with the Granth Ji at the local Gurdwara to have the ceremony taken place there. She said she was aware of SGGS JI Maharaj not being allowed to be taken into places where meat, alochol or other intoxicants are to be served. Told her that even a parting by means of drawing a curtain is not an alternative.

The guys's who's wedding it is has got his phone switched off. They're trying to contact him.

Guru bhalla kare pray.gif

Similar to the responses above, I got back a very quick reply (under 2 minutes lol) as follows:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding this matter. We have informed the family of the numerous emails and phone calls we have received and they are currently consulting their local temple to reach a solution.

I can guarantee you that this matter is being taken seriously by the both the family and Magna, the venue.

Kind Regards

Nicola Swinden

Events Co-ordinator

Tel: 01709 723 145

Email:nswinden@magnatrust.co.uk

www.visitmagna.co.uk

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Just called up the GurooGhar in Sheffield and spoke to a committe member very politely.

He said no Saroop of Sree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj is going out to any Magna Hotel (He also said he hasn't heard of any Magna Hotel nearby) and they do not know of this wedding about to go ahead. He suggested that the wedding was probably being organised from another town and Maharaj being brought from a different Gurdwara.

He spoke quite politely and was calm.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif