Does Wearin A Paagh Mean U Ave To Become Amrit

Now amrit.

Without Amrit you can't truely be a Sikh.

Because Sikhs are those who follow their Guru. Which Guru do you follow?

have you even READ Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Have you made the effort? How can you say Guru Granth Sahib doesnt contain anything about amrit?!

AMRIT PEEVO SADA CHIR JEEVO.

I don't see why you call yourself "singh" when you are backing off from taking amrit. I mean what DOES singh mean then? Wearing turban dont make u a singh.. Taking amrit and following rehit does - keeping kesh is PART of that rehit.. as well as wearing kara.

Im sorry for sounding harsh.. But im not very pleased by your post.

Next time you trim your beard make sure u cut ur own neck off too...

that was by far the STUPIDEST comment i've heard on this forum... who the hell do u think u are?

His comments shouldn't have been a shock, as we have so many radical members here.

I am the first who needs to learn to become a sikh. Anyone else wanting to be the same should take no offense. As for "Radical members"? It is as radical as the following list which has been taken from

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/martyrs/nojava.html

The most radical are the most at peace. d_oh.gif to RADICAL!!

Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji The first Sikh Guru to be Martyred by Mughal Emperor Shahjehan (one who built Taj Mahal) for not converting to Islam.

Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji - were Ninth Guru who were martyred by Emperor Aurungzeb at Chandani Chowk Delhi, for not converting to Islam.

Bhai Satidass ji went along with Guru Tegh Bahadur and were martyred to Chandani Chowk Delhi.

Bhai Dyal Dass ji also went along with Guru Tegh Bahadur to Delhi and were martyred at Chandani Chowk Delhi.

Chhote Sahibzade were the young Sons of Guru Gobind Singh who were captured by the Mughal Governor of City of Sarhind, Wazir Khan. He martyred 7 year and 9 years Old Sikhs for not converting to Islam.

Mata Gujari ji , Guru Gobind Singh's mother left this world after hearing the martyrdom of his grandsons .

Bhai Haqiqat Rai ji at the tender teenage, he was too proud to be a Sikh, resulting in his martyrdom by the hands of Mughals at Lahore.

Bhai Mani Singh ji was the pious Granthi of Golden Temple who was given option either to convert or to be cut into pieces. He picked death to be cut into pieces and with Gurbani on his lips he attained martyrdom.

Many Sikhs were Martyred by the cruel Mughal Governor of Lahore named Zakriya Khan.

Bhai Tarusingh ji were captured by Mughals on as he was feeding Sikhs who were hiding from Government. He was martyred by Mughals but only by cutting his scalp and not his hair.

Bhai Subeg singh and Bhai Shahbaz Singh were father and son who were martyred on specially created wheels.

You got to think about where you are hoping to go... Do you want to follow the Guru's Path and take amrit or do you want to take your own path?

By no means does tying a dastaar mean you have to take amrit. If you dont want to take amrit, dont want to go down that path, then you should maybe think as to why you tie that dastaar to cover your kesh in the first place.

On a bit of a side note, it angers me when I hear of people with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's roop going out clubs, drinking etc. Pure on the inside pure on the outside (bani/bana) is how it should be. Why some people have the bana - not literally meaning bana but the roop without the bani is beyond me. no.gif :lol:

People, please try and calm down.

We all start somewhere.

THis brother is at least keeping a dastaar...he's made a small step. Asking him to chop his own kneck off as well is just offensive.

I may be one of the few who feel that those negative comments do nothing to keep those brothers and sisters at the fringes of Sikhi, WITHIN Sikhi.

We all start somewhere. He's made that small step. Maybe, with GuruJi's blessing, at some point he grow a kes and stay totally within Sikhi. But we get no-where by using such offensive tones on what is effectively a "little child" (no offence-in the Sikhi sense most of us are little children progressing on the path).

So please, consider this in the future before using such a tone, this bhaji may decide now not to bother with this forum and may have been put off by the comments, thats one less brother we could have helped.

With GuruJi's blessing he will keep on the path and become GurSikh. Until then, I for one wish him the best of luck and instruct him to read more Gurbani and understand Sikhi. For now, he's made a small step towards Maharaji....

Guest Glasgow Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

I think i can see where the chop off your head comment came singh, the piyaar for your sikhi and your discipline is to be commended, however, you appear to lack the love of God's creation (forgive me if i offend you) but how can you truely believe that we are all puppets of the Master, and whatever he does ought to be pleasing to us... if guru ji has set out a path for this shaving person (note, not a singh - that name has to be earned), then why do you not adhere to the sweet shabad

"Tayraa Keea Meetha Laagay" - what you do is oh so sweet/pleasing to me (apologies for the rubbish translation, i have no giyan), just a note though, that doesnt mean u can do whatever you want, and claim guru ji made you do it - ie rape/murder/torture all these things... guru ji has blessed with the gift of being able to distinguish from right and wrong, its up to you to utilise this magical gift. . .

Daasan Daas

glasgow Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

p.s. great post Manchester Sikhi!