Going On A Holiday To India

my kara will probs set of the alarm thing........... wat if they ask my to take of my dastar, cos i read on here that its happened before, anyone know the law ? or is it only in america that happens?

ye myn did 2 , but they never asked me 2 take it off, this was at bham airport, im not sure abt the dastaar but i suppose its a possibility wen we were cumin bak,at amritsar airport, the lady grabbed me by my jura!!! ohmy.gif n pulled my head down (it was scarey haha) n had a gud search in it.... :lol: ye as if it was big enuf 2 store illegal guds in!!

awww lol , u shud have punched her ....lol it mite hav made things worse tho..........i dnt like the staff in india at airports.........last time they started askin me my address n stuff............ n i cudnt remember cos i was nervous n under pressure...........so ma dad kicked off sayin why u askin a lil kid ............... anywayss...........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww lol , u shud have punched her ....lol it mite hav made things worse tho..........i dnt like the staff in india at airports.........last time they started askin me my address n stuff............ n i cudnt remember cos i was nervous n under pressure...........so ma dad kicked off sayin why u askin a lil kid ............... anywayss...........

man she was a nasty lady lol, ye staff at indian airports :lol: v v bad, n they'r always after money, omg we were in the carpark huna, n this guard came up 2 us n instead of searchin th car he goes "aap ko BOMB hain?!" realy!! no joke n my silly fuffer jus laffed in his face....cuz it was jinda funny , but they didnt take 2 kindly 2 us laffin so searched the car blush.gif lol

man she was a nasty lady lol, ye staff at indian airports :lol: v v bad, n they'r always after money, omg we were in the carpark huna, n this guard came up 2 us n instead of searchin th car he goes "aap ko BOMB hain?!" realy!! no joke n my silly fuffer jus laffed in his face....cuz it was jinda funny , but they didnt take 2 kindly 2 us laffin so searched the car blush.gif lol

lolll .............. we didnt have many encounters with the police as far as i remember. but we probs will this time.........................

omg!! and the beggars...........................god they are so gud they shud be on the apprentice!! im telling ya man........... at first i didnt realise the scam and used to feel sorry for them , saying that there are alot of genuine poor ppl.......

LOL.gif Parwinder singh ji....DO NOT mek the mistake that our veer did:

okay, I recently came from indya (panjab) I was at my mamehs Pehnd, and being a hero i thought i could milk the Mahj (cow) so off i went,

okay here goes........

i was milking the cow fine from the side as usual (holding udders) etc...when my little nefew only (10) said to me that thats not how we do it and challenged me to milk the mahj the way they do it, so i asked how do u do it den? he toldme that u need to come under the poosh (tail) of the mahj and milk from there, me stupid enough thought yeh okay i'll try that, aparently it woz supose 2 be an esier way, there I sat milking away when....

yeh the mahj done gohaah (poop) all over me, hmmmmm, not a good site, my 10 year old nefew stitched me up, for whole two days had Gohaah smelling out of me no.gif NOT GOOD

LOL.gif Parwinder singh ji....DO NOT mek the mistake that our veer did:

okay, I recently came from indya (panjab) I was at my mamehs Pehnd, and being a hero i thought i could milk the Mahj (cow) so off i went,

okay here goes........

i was milking the cow fine from the side as usual (holding udders) etc...when my little nefew only (10) said to me that thats not how we do it and challenged me to milk the mahj the way they do it, so i asked how do u do it den? he toldme that u need to come under the poosh (tail) of the mahj and milk from there, me stupid enough thought yeh okay i'll try that, aparently it woz supose 2 be an esier way, there I sat milking away when....

yeh the mahj done gohaah (poop) all over me, hmmmmm, not a good site, my 10 year old nefew stitched me up, for whole two days had Gohaah smelling out of me no.gif NOT GOOD

loll thanks for that.......................

.lolllll u guys are propa funni , ok im gna keep a diary, and then am gna put it on here, or at least some bits of it...............

about the dastars, what do you call the decent ones, cos everytime my bibi or dad bring them bk and when i wash em they colour comes out like thers no tomorow!! but my cuzin gave me one that losesno colour no mater how many times its washed.......anyone know what to ask for? lol ...... iv recently added to my list , a cholla, a kirpan (dunno how ill get that over here) , a map of punjab lol, some of that 'clear oil' which is gud for hair, and a wooden kanga..........

Ask for "chemical dye wala kapra". These are just a few rupees expensive than the normal turbans, but the color doesn't fade that easily. Soo... just buy this chemical dyed stuff.

Lol never heard of pirates of books.

Kurtas, My Parents lived very close to Patel chaunk thingy.. a few minutes walk from Balmiki gate.

There's a 'kesta vala bazar' (with hardcore Punjabi accent) which has pretty much every casette released in India. I don't remember the exact name, but ask someone local where you can get 'kesta', and they'll tell you... alternatively, I can find out for you (if it's life and death situation blush.gif )

Well I was looking for some books by Ram Narayan Kumar, and a local resident told me to not talk loud about 84 issues in Delhi (I was just saying I wanted a book, and that too in a normal tone, not even loud!) :wub: ..you're probably right, i don't know much about Delhi. No I havn't been to Duriya Ganj, will make sure to visit it next time I'm around the area :lol:

Hey I thought Walls was safe, but again, thanks for the warning (this thread is useful for me too, since I might be going soon d_oh.gif )

Thanks for the recommendation - Loperamide d_oh.gif

Will probably come handy :@

You ever been to Sant Pagri House. Every type and colour of dastaar you could ever want.

Kest vala bazzar LOL.gif Will have to go there next time.

Avoid all ice creams. You ever been to that famous ice cream place run by the really fat blokes ? It is well known in jalandhar. They used to have pictures of themselves with bollywood heroes on the walls. The special included ice cream and seymia (desi speghetti)

All the locals tend to talk bobbins. I remember when I was over in 1993. I know this bloke in Punjab Police as he is sort of related. He told me it was dangerous to take a map of Punjab out of India as the security people at the aiport would get me. He was very serious. So I bought 2 and carried them in my hand luggage.

It is also fun watching all the NRI getting hassled by the beggars outside bimpy (wimpy). I just swap my Reebok for those white Action boots (cheap nasty desi trainers that all the apne use to wear with trousers at weddings in the early 90s). The beggers take one look at the Action trainers and avoid coming near me.

Patel Chounk......that reminds me never you the Sant Taxi people near the Ravidas Chounk. They are very unreliable.

Also if you go anywhere and they offer you tap water run a mile. I usually have lots of time to mess around and on my last trip I got on the roof to look in one of those plastic water tanks (tankia) they top up for water. The thing was full of debris. I would think twice about washing in the stuff let alone drinking it.

Enjoy your trip and give us a write up when you come back.

lol, Kurats you must have lots of free time running on the kotha checking the tenki. ehmi..

It's not kesta vala bazaar, but they'll understand, once you get to jallandhar.

never head of Sant pagri house. I go tehal singh and sons, just beside mai hira g8.

can't member, i used to avoid eating out at all last i was there so havn't eat out for two years now (in india lol).. but there sure are some really good restaurants in jullundhur

Even some of the cheap burnt up ones have good food. Uncle took me to all sorts of places, from dolfin hotel (which to my horror was build by or in memory of beanta the cheif minister of punjab :@ @ ), lucky taba, heritage, haveli to small dodgy ones like vijay taba (the small dodgy one had the best paneer ever!!!)

Lol yeah around wimpy theres loads of beggar, probably because they know that NRIs go there since theres so many travel agents around there. I'll buy a cheap pair there then too lol.

Will keep the sant taxi in mind. lol. Is that the guy who stands outside the hospital.can't remember it's name.. lol...

Ok on a more serious note, any recommendations on tabla teacher in Amritsar? Want to learn both hardcore raag (to play with string instrument) and the UK style (random. Not AKj style lol....just normal casual....lol)

• 2 weeks later...

just got this spray stuff from boots, its meant to cool your face, u just spray it on......... its getting very very hot there now.........only a week left.........woo hoo

loool tha "magicool" :lol: haha...jus drink plenty of water ullb fine...lol they hav those mad hand held fand wa u hav 2 spin round n round n round...shud do th trick!! :@

just got this spray stuff from boots, its meant to cool your face, u just spray it on......... its getting very very hot there now.........only a week left.........woo hoo

loool tha "magicool" :lol: haha...jus drink plenty of water ullb fine...lol they hav those mad hand held fand wa u hav 2 spin round n round n round...shud do th trick!! :@

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif yea i remember them, well the 'bijili' went ..... we all got them out.......... :wub: