Practical Guide For Hand-to-hand And Knife Fighting

ms514

Sat Sri Akal:

Here's a manual developed by a British Commando Instructor on hand-to-hand combat as well as knife fighting. The author's introductory statements include the appropriate warnings. If you so choose to learn it, remember that you are a Sikh and that this is a LAST RESORT. I REPEAT LAST RESORT. You do this to show off or goof around and expect to go to jail if you injure someone or worse.

http://www.tsroadmap.com/early/tough.pdf

Consider it a leisure read...nothing is a substitute for a teacher.

Thanks for the link, do you have any more such links, say about krava marga,israeli system.

Thanks alot

kravmarga the israeli martial arts is supposed to be the most effective and deadly martial arts in the world............ i dont know where they teach it in the uk, it wud be wikid to learn it tho............

Its best to attend actual self defence classes rather than trying to teach yourself on the net. The guide seems ok but it doesnt cater for the countless variables that apply in a real fight.

yea true, in a fight i had recently i didnt use any of my actual martial arts techniques , my mind had gone blank and the only thing i remembered was to turn my body and to aim my punch and step into it. i won by a mile but then i thought about all i have learnt over the last two years and i cudnt even put it into practice, cos of the adrenaline.............. but if we practice at a club it is much better than DIY.

Its best to attend actual self defence classes rather than trying to teach yourself on the net. The guide seems ok but it doesnt cater for the countless variables that apply in a real fight.

yea true, in a fight i had recently i didnt use any of my actual martial arts techniques , my mind had gone blank and the only thing i remembered was to turn my body and to aim my punch and step into it. i won by a mile but then i thought about all i have learnt over the last two years and i cudnt even put it into practice, cos of the adrenaline.............. but if we practice at a club it is much better than DIY.

Fateh

I think the best tip on how to knock sum1 out is to aim for the jaw...if u dnt learn any of those techniques e.g. steppin into it dnt matter as long as you get a good hard knock on the bottom of the jaw....that rocks ure opponents brain and knocks them out also brakes their jaw in two places.

Fateh

Fateh

I think the best tip on how to knock sum1 out is to aim for the jaw...if u dnt learn any of those techniques e.g. steppin into it dnt matter as long as you get a good hard knock on the bottom of the jaw....that rocks ure opponents brain and knocks them out also brakes their jaw in two places.

Fateh

yea ur rite...............thats wat i did..... lol hit him in the jaw ............

but stepin into it , increases the power at least three times......iv tried and tested this at one of them boxing machines u get at the fairs.............. my cuzins n mates didnt know how i got such a high score lol they thought im really strong, but its about technique and hours of using the boxing bag...........

The biggest quam i have with such guides is that they can easily give someone a false sense of security, esspecially when dealing with knives or other edges weapons. It is very dangerous to allow someone to learn from an online source which doesnt deal with concepts, variables, counters, or anything which near the reality of a proper scrap.

Everyone knows the "hit em in the jaw, groin, throat, eyes", yes these will work if you know how to execute them, its not as easy when you really need to do it, or if your one move doesnt work. Without constant training day in and day out these techniques will simply slip from someones mind and their natural instinct of grappling and holding on for dear life will kick in.

Although its a decent refference point, I would seriously suggest that people learn from an established school of martial arts, without proper experience from mat time against other experienced fighters, you can never really become a good fighter yourself.