How Do I Get Out Of This?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Sangat

I find I get down really quickly these days. A few days I'll feel in chardikala and then something will happen and I get sad. As an amritdhari I really try hard to follow the rehat and gursikhi jeevan but my lack of self confidence and hesitation stops me. There is sangat at my local gurdwara but I find it hard to mix in with them. I'm just really shy and never know what to say.

I feel people are judging me and that always gets me really nervous if like doing sewa at the gurdwara. I feel my love for sikhi as a result decreases day by day further distancing myself from guru ji. I end up crying coz I there is nothing else in the world I want. After all the crying I can't even say fateh to someone coz my face shows my sorrow. I really try to strive forward but my negative thinking takes over. I get upset because there is so much in Sikhi I'd like to do but how can I when I'm feeling like this.

I don't want to lose my Sikhi - its too precious. What sort of sikh does it make me who always gets down. I don't even know how to ask in Ardaas or appreciate what guru ji has given me.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We only ever get sad or depressed or feel down when we think that we are alone. We feel that there is no one to listen to us, to hear our struggles to share our pain. But we are not alone. We will never be alone. Every footstep we take, every direction we turn our most beautiful Guru Sahib is there right next to us counting our tears, counting our frowns and holding us in his arms. Why should we be scared when we are in the arms of the king of this world and the next? So what if he makes us walk through fire, he himself will take that pain on himself on his beautiful hands just to protect us, his ungrateful children.

Never ever forget that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, who was with you not only in this life, but also with you in the millions of ones you had before this one. He is with you now too in your hour of misery and sadness. But with such a Guru by our side how can we feel sad? That Guru who sacrificed everything for us is standing by us today as our walking stick, as our lamp in this world of darkness. He is our only support, our only true love who will always be there no matter what. Why should we get depressed when we have the king of kings carrying us?

Why should we feel sad when our brothers, Dhan Dhan Sahibzada Baba Ajeet Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Baba Jujhar Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Baba Zorawar Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Sahibzada Baba Ajeet Singh Ji walk hand in hand with us?

And the most beautiful thing is that even when we leave this world, that beloved King of ours will still accompany us and he will still protect us no matter what because he loves us that much. May Maharaj bless us so that we may love him a fraction of the amount he loves us.

You are not alone, Guru Sahib and his Ladlee Fauj are with you now and forever.

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts...

God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish...

God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by...

God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call...

God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn...

God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated...

God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope...

God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for...

God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe...

God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow...

God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing...

GOD KNOWS!!

veer ji.......maybe you are trying to keep sikhi to please your outer self? Maybe its because you can reflect and say "hey look i keep rehit and do all the sikhi things......" If you feel this is the case then maybe u need to reflect on your foundations.........the reason we keep rehit, read bani etc is to strengthen our naam jaaping........if you make this ur foundation you will no longer feel depressed as japping naam sorts it all out tongue.gif

forgive me if i made any mistakes : ]

wjkk wjkf

hi, what u need first is sumting to chheer u up so go on jokes.com first and hav a good laugh. then take a piece of paper and a pen and list all the positives in ur life, alll the people there are, all the greast things u've done, etc. then make a good copy of tht list and read it everytime ur down. now, to get ur interest back in sikhi, continue ur paath, simran, etc. if ur in the GTA area, theres a great group of kidss that run the GGSCF, join them, there all ages and their fantastic. visit their website for event days, meetings, etc. its www.ggscf.com. there fabulous. u can also attend the gurmat class on Fridays @ seven at dixie gurudwara if ur in GTA agan. if u want other ideas u can send me a message by clicking on canadian_sikh and i can give u more specific ideas. hope it helkps,

bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

Dear Sangat

I find I get down really quickly these days. A few days I'll feel in chardikala and then something will happen and I get sad. As an amritdhari I really try hard to follow the rehat and gursikhi jeevan but my lack of self confidence and hesitation stops me. There is sangat at my local gurdwara but I find it hard to mix in with them. I'm just really shy and never know what to say.

I feel people are judging me and that always gets me really nervous if like doing sewa at the gurdwara. I feel my love for sikhi as a result decreases day by day further distancing myself from guru ji. I end up crying coz I there is nothing else in the world I want. After all the crying I can't even say fateh to someone coz my face shows my sorrow. I really try to strive forward but my negative thinking takes over. I get upset because there is so much in Sikhi I'd like to do but how can I when I'm feeling like this.

I don't want to lose my Sikhi - its too precious. What sort of sikh does it make me who always gets down. I don't even know how to ask in Ardaas or appreciate what guru ji has given me.

WJKK WJKF

yo veerji/panji.....i have da exact same problem!!!....omg exactly da same i say......wen ima doin seva i feel exactly like you say.....i didint know how to say this....but omg thank you.....ok ima not helpin am i?....well sory but um....you have to stay strong......yuo know wat......just dun giva shyt anymore....do wat guru ji tells you to and have fun too......evrything gonna be fine....have faith in guru ji.....i dun got good self-confidence either.....way too shy to even tok in crowds.....but ya know wat......if guru ji luvs you da way you are.....then why care wat other people think?....dun let this stop yu from livin da gursikhi way uv life....jus jap naam and try to loosen up a bit.....just for once try thinkin positive and think wat good is this rather then wat da bad stuff wil be,rite?.......come on.......u have guru ji's graceful hand upon ur head how can anyone's word's harm you?.......we're gursikhs, buddy :lol: ....stay in cardi kala!!!bhul chuk muaf....

WJKK WJKF

oh ya and its ok if ya cant say this in ur ardas....cuz guru ji already knows :TH: ......he knows wat u goin through and he'll help you.....ask him for himmat......das all.....ask him for himmat and pyar....dun worry evrything gonna be fine!!!

iqlµg mhlw 5 Gru 3 ]

Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:

imhrvwnu swihbu imhrvwnu ]

Merciful, Waheguru Ji Master is Merciful.

swihbu myrw imhrvwnu ]

My Waheguru Ji Master is Merciful.

jIA sgl kau dyie dwnu ] rhwau ]

He gives His gifts to all beings. ||Pause||

qU kwhy folih pRwxIAw quDu rwKYgw isrjxhwru ]

Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Waheguru Ji Himself shall protect you.

ijin pYdwieis qU kIAw soeI dyie AwDwru ]1]

He who created you, will also give you nourishment. ||1||

ijin aupweI mydnI soeI krdw swr ]

The One who created the world, takes care of it.

Git Git mwlku idlw kw scw prvdgwru ]2]

In each and every heart and mind, Waheguru Ji is the True Cherisher. ||2||

kudriq kIm n jwxIAY vfw vyprvwhu ]

His creative potency and His value cannot be known; He is the Great and carefree Waheguru Ji.

kir bMdy qU bMdgI ijcru Gt mih swhu ]3]

O human being, meditate on Waheguru Ji, as long as there is breath in your body. ||3||

qU smrQu AkQu Agocru jIau ipMfu qyrI rwis ]

O God, You are all-powerful, inexpressible and imperceptible; my soul and body are Your capital.

rhm qyrI suKu pwieAw sdw nwnk kI Ardwis ]4]3]

By Your Mercy, may I find peace; this is Nanak's lasting prayer. ||4||3|| pray.gif

Guest Narinder Singh

We only ever get sad or depressed or feel down when we think that we are alone. We feel that there is no one to listen to us, to hear our struggles to share our pain. But we are not alone. We will never be alone. Every footstep we take, every direction we turn our most beautiful Guru Sahib is there right next to us counting our tears, counting our frowns and holding us in his arms. Why should we be scared when we are in the arms of the king of this world and the next? So what if he makes us walk through fire, he himself will take that pain on himself on his beautiful hands just to protect us, his ungrateful children.

Never ever forget that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, who was with you not only in this life, but also with you in the millions of ones you had before this one. He is with you now too in your hour of misery and sadness. But with such a Guru by our side how can we feel sad? That Guru who sacrificed everything for us is standing by us today as our walking stick, as our lamp in this world of darkness. He is our only support, our only true love who will always be there no matter what. Why should we get depressed when we have the king of kings carrying us?

Why should we feel sad when our brothers, Dhan Dhan Sahibzada Baba Ajeet Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Baba Jujhar Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Baba Zorawar Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Sahibzada Baba Ajeet Singh Ji walk hand in hand with us?

And the most beautiful thing is that even when we leave this world, that beloved King of ours will still accompany us and he will still protect us no matter what because he loves us that much. May Maharaj bless us so that we may love him a fraction of the amount he loves us.

You are not alone, Guru Sahib and his Ladlee Fauj are with you now and forever.

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts...

God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish...

God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by...

God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call...

God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn...

God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated...

God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope...

God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for...

God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe...

God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow...

God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing...

GOD KNOWS!!

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

I'm a complete fool because i forget just how much our Guru loves us, i forget just how much Guru Ji has done for us....thank you isl, that was beautiful.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sikhi is precious, and you DO know HOW to ask in ardaas. the question is ARE you.

Ardaas does not have to be complicated... it can be as simple as closing your eyes and saying "gurujee, i have a request. Please help me to be ________." It's that easy.

As for feeling judged by others, let them judge you jee. It won't make a difference on who you are or what you want. Remember that doing seva isn't for them. It isn't for Gurdwara either. Its for you and Gurujee. You must learn to ignore what others think of you or what they say to you.... at the end of the day, its only if you are happy with yourself that matters.

Good luck jeeo.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!