What Should She Do?

vaheguru ji de pyare

Gurfateh ji

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh d_oh.gif

hearye.gif

now well i have this friend she's sikh and all but it's just her parent's, u c she want to become guru's daughter (amit dhari, singhnee) sooo soo very much but her parents r not letting her 4 some reasons, although she doesn't c the problem in it, nore does anyone else, is this common.? if so what should she do? nonono.gif

Please help rolleyes.gif

thank you saatsangat

Ravinder Kaur

fateh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh. pray.gifd_oh.gif

untitled.bmp

wahegurujikakhalsa

wahegurujikifateh

Khalsa Ji, I would class this as a classic test frm guru ji :lol:

its very common dnt wry.. just stay strng n guru ji will help u get der

when u take 1 step towards the guru, guru ji takes 1000s steps towards you - Guru Granth Sahib Ji

he helped paapis like me get there.. so dont worry ji

we r so proud of u for picking d path to becoming guru ji's daughter

:@ waheguru

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

yo panji......i know exaclty wat ur friend is goin through.....cuz ima exactly in dat same position....and well its all up to guru ji......dun lose faith in HIM.....keep doin simran pray.gif ......and beg him in ardas to bless u wid himmat......(u should tell u friend this)......and even if her parents dun understand......if shes brave enuf and has dat courage uv a singhnee and has full faith in our beloved guru ji.....she will become HIS daughter :TH: ....HE's watchin her now :e: ....and jus tell her to keep faith.....HE only knows wats best for her....hope this helped......i know i made many mistakes so i beg da sangat to forgive me....BHUL CHUK MUAF...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

:lol:

wjkk wjkf

hi, in no wat ur going thru 2, same deal with me. but eventually, i guess u wiill have to disobey ur parents fro once becasue who really matter? ur oparents tht r only gona last this life? or ur eternal God and ur eternal parents' Mata Sahib Kaur and Guru Gobind SIngh Ji? imagine if Guru Gobind SIngh JI and your thisd life fathere wre both sitting infront of u and Guru Gobind SIngh Ji says "take Amrit" and ur this life father says "dont take it" who would u listen 2? he who is helping u always and will always be there? or he who is just another player in the game of life. bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

hey penji, jst wanted to say i was in the same position as ur m8, altho my rents are proper amritdharis...bt not lettin me take it. so i jst did many ardass and listened close to the hukumnaama's i got and realised lyk khalsa ji said above...its more of value to please and b eternal wid waheguru than earthly parents altho u shud respect them totally. but yeh tell ur friend to folow her heart :lol:

bhul chuk maf

wjkk wjkf!

I reckon that even though the parents may not be right in their decision. She should listen to them.

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਭਾਈ ਸੁਤ ਬਨਿਤਾ ਤਿਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਸੰਜੋਇਆ ॥

God placed you with your mother, father, brothers, sons and wife.

ਕਰਮ ਸੁਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਏ ਆਪੇ ਇਸੁ ਜੰਤੈ ਵਸਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

God Himself is the Cause of causes, good and bad-no one has control over these things.

FULL SHABAD IS HERE

She should keep her rehat and do as she would if she had taken Amrit. Slowly, the parents will come round.

I reckon that even though the parents may not be right in their decision. She should listen to them.

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਭਾਈ ਸੁਤ ਬਨਿਤਾ ਤਿਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਸੰਜੋਇਆ ॥

God placed you with your mother, father, brothers, sons and wife.

ਕਰਮ ਸੁਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਏ ਆਪੇ ਇਸੁ ਜੰਤੈ ਵਸਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

God Himself is the Cause of causes, good and bad-no one has control over these things.

FULL SHABAD IS HERE

She should keep her rehat and do as she would if she had taken Amrit. Slowly, the parents will come round.

Veer ji someone could be waiting their entire lives for their parents to come around which may never happen. She should listen to them and respect them but the Guru's path is the ultimate, above family ties, other attachments.

If she really wants to take amrit then who knows how many janams her soul has been waiting for this opportunity. If she feels that she is ready then she should go for it.

True...

I know a Penji who took amrit while we were out with a group in India. She knew her Dad wouldnt approve when she got back but she took it anyway. He soon came round...

It might be a good idea for her to go and ask the Panj Pyares on the day if she is still unsure.

Sometimes parents don't allow their kids to take it because they don't think the kids will respect/keep their amrit to the fullest.. in those situations the kids have to prove to the parents that they are ready to take it... i.e. keeping strict amirt vela, strict rehat etc... living the life as you would if you really were amritdhari... in those situations the parents are tryin to look out for the kids...

however, there are some situations where the parents won't allow it because of their own ego and stupidity... they don't want a person in the house who is amritdhari because it will make them feel less as sikhs... they might chose to live a lifestyle which is against sikhi and do not want to have someone living a different lifestyle then them (which is basically telling them they are wrong)... in these sort of situations, i think the parents don't have any say... these type of families are one of the ultimate tests put infront of us by God... and they must be overcome..!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Follow your Guru. Your parents are your parents... you must respect them. But respecting them does not mean giving up your sikhi for them. When you take amrit, your father becomes Sri Guru Gobind Singh, and to prepare yourself for it, you should think of him as your father too.

Some parents never come around. And you cannot let your parents failings in understanding the importance of sikhism to hold you back. In fact if you push forward, take amrit, you might be able to show them what it is worth.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!