Guru Nanak In Mecca

Akhoza

When Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Mecca did he pray in the Muslim way and did he pray in that circular thing with the black box in the middle, if so why was he allowed in since i thought only muslims are allowed in there?? :lol: @

Muslims considered him to be a Muslim Fakir/Peer because of his spiritual awakening-ness.

Theres a sakhi when he was stayed stadning up while the rest of the muslims did their Namaaz. Then they felt insulted and asked why dint you take part? He said "your mind wasnt at God, so how could YOU pray?!"

He pointed out ppl and said they were worrying about their cattle falling into the well etc rather than praying.

He didnt go through sunat nor did he preach about The prophet: Mohammed. Therefore he wasnt muslim.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

nop, he didnt pray in the "muslim way", cuz theres a sakhi that says he pointed his feet 2wards the Ka'bha (if thats how u spell it...) & the muslims were offended that guru ji wud hav dun this...cuz thats where "God" is, Guru Nanak Ji asked, u tell me where god is not? God is omnipresent.

hope i got that right. bhul chuk maaph

DHAN DHAN GURU NANAK JI d_oh.gif

Gurfateh :TH:

why is it some muslims say,guru nanak was muslim ....

i wish i could slap their face so hard that their fore fathers who were hindu's before converting could set them straight.

how come there is no muslim in india who was a hindu ?

they all claim that their roots were pershion or ababia.!

so no one was forced to convert, history says different...........!!!!!!

look guru nanak had hindu dad, mum, and result got hindu sister who got married to hindu family, and the muslims would let a cross faith marriage taking place i think not.

think before u lot speak,

Insult to injury some one very high up on their side was a illiterate, some one else wrote it for him !, but we dont go around saying who.

also beside, he then went to a hindu temple after wards, does that imply there was something missing in islam ? that he changed back to hinduism?

i wish i could slap their face so hard that their fore fathers who were hindu's before converting could set them straight.

Hahahah so true :TH:

It really saddens me when they say this.

is it they really do believe this and have no brain’s to realise what they have said to some one about their religion is a lie.

Do they say this out of spite? Ignorance or just a passing insult?

all i can say sad sad person who would say this....

Mind u come to think of it ……………………..

Doh

the muslims were right , he was a muslim... :lol: @

he was a muslim as they say but found it lacking so much that he then went to a temple to become a hindu .... LOL.gif

also beside, he then went to a hindu temple after wards, does that imply there was something missing in islam ? that he changed back to hinduism?

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was never a hindu to begin with, so why on earth would he 'change back'!

Guru Nanak was not a Hindu or muslim.

He preached the true gospel and didn't see many things that were offered by the two religions mentioned which conformed with what Waheguru ji wanted.

Guruji was respected by both.

he was a muslim as they say but found it lacking so much that he then went to a temple to become a hindu .... LOL.gif

See post above!

People nowadays say alot of stuff ''oh how could Guru Nanak do that, how could the ka'baa turn, its not possible''.

But let the truth speak for itself

Vaars Bhai Gurdaas, Pannaa 1

bwbw iPr m`ky gXw nIl bsqR Dwry bnvwrI]

Awsw h`Q ikqwb k`C kUjw bWg mus`lw DwrI]

bYTw jwie msIq ivc ijQy hwjI h`j gujwrI]

jW bwbw su`qw rwq nUM v`l mihrwby pWie pswrI]

jIvn mwrI lq dI kyVHw suqw ku&r ku&wrI]

lqW vl ^udwie dy ikauNkr pieAw hoie bjgwrI]

tMgoN pkV GsIitAw iPirAw m`kw klw idKwrI]

hoie hYrwn kryn juhwrI ]óò]

baabaa fir maakae gayaa neel basathr dhhaarae banavaaree||

aasaa haathh kithaab kaashh koojaa baa(n)g musaalaa dhhaaree||

bait(h)aa jaae maseeth vich jithhae haajee haaj gujaaree||

jaa(n) baabaa suthaa raath noo(n) vaal mehiraabae paa(n)e pasaaree||

jeevan maaree lath dhee kaerrhaa suthaa kur kuaaree||

lathaa(n) val khhudhaae dhae kiou(n)akar paeiaa hoe bajagaaree||

tta(n)go(n) pakarr ghaseettiaa firiaa maakaa kalaa dhikhaaree||

hoe hairaan karaen juhaaree ||aa||

Donning blue attire then Baba Nanak went to Mecca.

He held staff in his hand, pressed a book under his armpit, caught hold of a metal pot and mattress.

Now he sat in a mosque where the pilgrms (hajis) had gathered.

When Baba (Nanak) slept in the night spreading his legs towards the alcove of mosque at Kaba,

the qazi named Jivan kicked him and asked who was this infidel enacting blasphemy.

Why this sinner is sleeping his legs spread towards God, Khuda.

Catching hold of the legs he lynched (Baba Nanak) and lo and behold the miracle, the whole of Mecca seemed to be revolving.

All got surprised and they all bowed.

look guru nanak had hindu dad, mum, and result got hindu sister who got married to hindu family, and the muslims would let a cross faith marriage taking place i think not.

think before u lot speak,

Insult to injury some one very high up on their side was a illiterate, some one else wrote it for him !, but we dont go around saying who.

Just to add that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was above the confines of any worldly religion. He came to this world to spread sat and not the gospel of any other faith.

As for the Muslims argument that he was a Muslim, their version of history is flawed and alot of stuff is made up.

But Guru Nanak was very respected by Hindus and Muslims overall who both claimed him as theirs.

'Baba Nanak Sa Fakir Hindu ka Guru Musalmaan Ka Pir'

But we know that Guru Nanak Dev Ji, as stated in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, did not preach Hinduism or Islam so let the Muslims think what they want cuz the truth stands for itself.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Guru Nanak ji did go to Mecca... and he also went to Haridwar (Hindu pilgrimage place)... to spread the oness message of God... to dispell the igronance of the people which was in there hearts (which is why the incidents happened in both these places).

Yeah like the bro's/ sis's mentioned Guru ji was recognised as a Muslim's faqir and a Hindu's Guru (but why we call Guru ji Guru has a deeper meaning).

I think non-Muslims allowed to go to Mecca... but i think that law came in to prevent the recapture of Mecca... however im not sure in that.

And yeah Guru ji said 'im neither Muslim nor Hindu' so any argument that he was any these is basless.

I think 90% of Pak/Bang/Indian Muslims have their origins to the Muslim invaders of India. And the rest will be converts from most of our Hindu ansestors.

And some Muslims claim Guru ji was a Muslim because of the Amhemdiat leader had claimed Guru ji was a Muslim (however Amhediya's are considered non- Muslims in Pakistan etc now)... anyways... if anyone claims that Guru ji was theres.... who are we to say no to them that he wasnt theres... because Guru ji was everyones... however if anyone want to claim Guru ji was a Muslim or a Hindu... the proof is there in Guru ji's above quote that i had given. If Waheguru wills and if i get time... i might reply back to a post on this topic on another forum... and if i do i'll post it on here.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think the proof that Guru Nanak dev ji was no ordinary man can be extracted from the fact that he went all over the world and preached against the rituals that the people were so deeply caught in. How can one single man do that and no one try to kill him etc especially in those times where the law was not what we have today.