"sarbat Ka Bhala".

Bhenji Chaupayee Sahib is referring to the INTERNAL ENEMIES - i.e. Kaam (lust/desire), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (attachment), and Hankaar (Ego).

Similar to Benti Chaupayee Sahib, Guru Arjan Dev Sahib jee says:

kwmu k®oDu loBu mohu invwry invry sgl bYrweI ]

kaam krodh lobh mohu nivaare nivre sagal bairaaee

Sexual desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment are eradicated; all my enemies are eliminated.

sd hjUir hwjru hY nwjru kqih n BieE dUrweI ]2]

sad hajoor haajar hai naajar katehi n bheiou dooraaee

He is always ever-present, here and now, watching over me; He is never far away. ||2||

(Ang 1000)

There is One Guru - Ten Bodies

There is One Message - Revealed and manifested over 252 years.

Sat Sri Akal:

Sarbat Da Bhalaa speaks of the wellness of all, including those who oppose Sikhi. Guru Gobind Singh Ji had his arrows mounted with gold so that any arrow that injured an opponent could pay his medical bill and anyone who was killed by the arrow would have funds for a proper burial.

Similarly, when Guru Hargobind Sahib fought Painde Khan (origionally a member of the Guru's army, but he later switched to the Mughal side due to ego and opposed Guru Sahib in battle), Guru Sahib allowed Painde Khan multiple chances to attack him. Finally, Guru Sahib told Painde Khan, "This is how you attack", laying a mortal wound on Painde Khan. When Painde Khan was down, he started to moan in pain. Guru Sahib reminded Painde Khan to recite the Kalma (Muslim prayers) so that he may attain salvation in battle.

pray.gif

Gurbani is refering to our 5 enemies... Kaam (lust/desire), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (attachment), and Hankaar (Ego).

And yes, we do pray for the welfare of whole humanity... everyone included.

An older veerji once told me this. If a Singh needs to beat someone up, he has to beat them up with pyar. Now that got me confused, how can you give someone beats with pyar. He told me it's like you are doing it for the betterment of that individual and mankind. SARBAT DA BHALLA.

When Singhs have fought and had to attack and even kill, it must never be for personal gain, it must be for the betterment of others...SARBAT DA BHALLA.

Just my interpretation, I may be wrong...

there was a story were singh were in the battl ground and a singh was about to kill the mogul

but the mogul spat on the singhs beard..

the singh never killed him but said

i was going to kill you for the panth but

if i am to kill you now it would be out of krodh for u spitting on my beard

so the singh let the mogul go

MORAL OF THE STORY

dont do anything out of krodh

and also

muslims if a signh about to kill you spit on his beard

lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use