SIMRAN

Jatt Sekhon

17 members have voted

1. 1. SIMRAN

• 1.NAAM SIMRAN!!!
    • 2.I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS

:) SAT SRI AKAL I MAY NOT BE VERY RELIGOUS BUT IM TRYING 2 GET THERE!!! 1 THING I WOULD LIKE 2 KNOW IS HOW CAN U PERFORM SIMRAN WITHOUT YA MIND THINKING ABOUT OTHER THING BECOZ I DO IT EVERYDAY!! BUT I CANT FOCUS MY MIND ON WAHEGURU!! CAN ANY1 HELP ME??? I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IOT IF U GIVE ME THE FIRST STEP 2 GET 2 SIKHI!!! PUL CHUK MAF KARNI!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

its all about sangat the type of people you hang around with, if you hang around with lots of lustful mans, then maybe your thoughts will all be lusty(lol)

You need to keep sangat of gursikhs, like maybe get a few sikhs together and do simran together that would be great, like say if you get 100 sikhs together and do simran for 1 hour your reward will be 100 hours of simran.....this will help you mentally and keep you strong.

Or if you want to do it youself at home, you can just sit in a quiet place and say waheguru aloud, think about what this word means, wonderful lord (god) and think about the sikhi he has given you, think about EVERYTHING he has given you....

another good idea is that you should do ardaas, or just pray to waheguru to give you the strenght to do simran.....infact if you think about it the whole point of simran is purifying your mind, and becoming one with waheguru....so we are all with you lol.....we all have the same mission

as for the simran, nothing will happen to begin with, but then after say 2 months, you will start feeling the ras (juice) of the simran....

May Waheguru Help You,

Sarbloh Soulja

:) SAT SRI AKAL I MAY NOT BE VERY RELIGOUS BUT IM TRYING 2 GET THERE!!! 1 THING I WOULD LIKE 2 KNOW IS HOW CAN U PERFORM SIMRAN WITHOUT YA MIND THINKING ABOUT OTHER THING BECOZ I DO IT EVERYDAY!! BUT I CANT FOCUS MY MIND ON WAHEGURU!! CAN ANY1 HELP ME??? I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IOT IF U GIVE ME THE FIRST STEP 2 GET 2 SIKHI!!! PUL CHUK MAF KARNI!!!

That's true it's hard to concentrate your mind while meditating on naam simran.. Everyone goes thru that stage !! the only thing that i can say is "Don't Give up" just keep trying no matter if it even take years...

Here's the toon regarding this topic:

mehtabtheseeker6.gif

Bro, we all went through that stage, where we sat down tried to do simran or do paath, but couldn't even concentrate, and would always think of other things in the mind, or have that song stuck in our head, that you can't even do paath straight..

For me however, it was a test, whenever I did paath, something bad happened to me during my day, first I got discouraged from doing it, then I heard from this gursikh's katha, that guru sahib puts tests in front you every moment, to filter out the faithless cynics and to keep the true ones..So I kept doing simran, and slowly slowly I got soooo much peace/bliss from it, that now I'm addicted!! :)

So one thing is never give up, always keep trying because life itself is a test!

Bhul chuk maaf! ^_^

Jatt Sekhon I know where you are coming from. I read and did exercises in a bok and I meditate much better now without all that clutter. Goto a local bookstore and pick up 'Meditation For Dummies' by Stephan Bodian, don't let the title fool you. This is definitely one awesome book and will get you started.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books