Sikh Diploma/courses

Gurfateh!!

As far as im aware there is one at Birmingham Uni, i think its a post grad course with the following Programme Title. M.Phil B in Sikh Studies. It was set up in conjunction with GNNSJ.

So im sure if you call the uni or the gurdwara they can perhaps help you more, if you call the Gurdwara ask for Gurcharan Singh, he would be the best person to speak to.

Hope this helps.

Gurfateh!!

sikh uni i've come across...but it's based in London and I'm in manchester. Plus they don't have a distance learning option.

The SikhMissionary site sounds good, I've seen that one before, but their booklets are only in Punjabi and I cannot read Punjabi!

I guess for 400 rps, it's worth it anyway.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks London Singh for that one, i'll check it out.

sikh uni i've come across...but it's based in London and I'm in manchester. Plus they don't have a distance learning option.

The SikhMissionary site sounds good, I've seen that one before, but their booklets are only in Punjabi and I cannot read Punjabi!

I guess for 400 rps, it's worth it anyway.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks London Singh for that one, i'll check it out.

i dont mind stuiding in london but the thing is what are the furture prospects of geting such ? degrees etc...?

i duno bin on the sikhi uni site it seems kinda they type that wud kick u out 4 wearing a dumalla or a sant bhindrawale hoodie ( being sarcastic) lol

any info ppz?

I already have a profession so wouldnt be anything for a future job, more so just for personal satisfaction.

Of course I could learn just the same without a degree...lol, but where to start! Sikhi is such a rich diverse 'religion'!!!!!

Guest Glasgow Singh

i dont think u can be "taught" as such , about sikhi, the more we scratch the surface, the deeper you realise it is!! but thats not to say its not a good idea !!

We in glasgow are following some of the Sikh Missionary College course in the gurudwara...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

One of the best courses I've come across is the GGS Academy web course run by Prof Darshan Singh Ji. Currently, it's katha of Sukhmani Sahib, Asthpadis 9-12 but topics such as Rehraas, and some of Bhagat Kabir Ji's bani have already been studied.

www.ggsacademy.com

The whole cost of the venture is being met by Prof Darshan Singh Ji, so the course is actually FREE. There's now an English translation provided with each lesson aswell. I know it's not a BA/MA "qualification" as such, but there's an exam at the end of each course, and you'll learn a lot guaranteed. And it's an excellent way of increasing your Punjabi vocab aswell !!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh