Marriage For A Reason...

Guest **..**

Guest **..**

I have met a sikh guy, been dating for almost 1 year, and am thinking that marriage is in the future, he needs to get married (INS reasons) and I see the benefit for the both of us, I am not sure though if the green card is the reason he is interested in me anyways, we get along, he accepts me with my faults, I with his...I am not sure if sikhs do the marriage for green card kinda thing (please don't take me rude) or am I overthinking or is this something he may have had in his mind when we met....

Sorry to purpose this question or need for advice, but I had no where to turn....

thanks in advance

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm

well u cant say that sikhs do not do it .. but SOME do .. and majority in my family have done so (whom i dont talk to..but so that i heard) .. so u gots to be careful on this one ..

one best thing to do is get everyone involved in your family .. your family thats near him .. let them interact with his family so they get to know them and whom u trust so they can tell you how their family is .. or whoever you get to look at them (not necessarily spying.. cuz its for ur own good) .. do it in a careful mannor ..

this is one bad thing thats overcome our society and most even 'gursikh' you can say .. have done this in the past that just to get into canada/america/uk .. they use a girl .. but it goes both ways .. even girls do it !

best of luck bhenji !

hmm

well u cant say that sikhs do not do it .. but SOME do .. and majority in my family have done so (whom i dont talk to..but so that i heard) .. so u gots to be careful on this one ..

one best thing to do is get everyone involved in your family .. your family thats near him .. let them interact with his family so they get to know them and whom u trust so they can tell you how their family is .. or whoever you get to look at them (not necessarily spying.. cuz its for ur own good) .. do it in a careful mannor ..

this is one bad thing thats overcome our society and most even 'gursikh' you can say .. have done this in the past that just to get into canada/america/uk .. they use a girl .. but it goes both ways .. even girls do it !

best of luck bhenji !

Hi, Veer Ji you wrote basically something similar to what i was going to do. Ok, this is a difficult situation indeed. Marriage, is a big step in one's life and should not be taken lightly. You cannot make a generalisation that all Sikh men are good or bad, this can be said for any males who follow a particular faith. There are good people in the world and there are bad people. At the end of the day it is difficult for someone to answer your question without knowing the guy. All I can say is that don't be naive, ask him any questions that you really need to know the answers to. The previous post had some good points. I wish you well :TH:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

It might be an issue. Indians in general are known to do that sort of thing. So make sure that your marriage is based upon something.. ANYTHING other than this one issue. Because if you look carefully, and you don't see anything else besides just "getting along", it may not be worth it to pursue.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sikhi doesnt ignore the concept of immigration, migration or nething for that matter

gurunanak dev ji somewhere said

JAHAN DAANE TAHAAN KHAANE...

in the past when India was rich in resouces...everybody including american, canadian, english, eurpeaan and wat not wud do their best to get 'migrated to india...so itss juss a matter to time u seee...and trend will be reversed sooonn..juss a matter of time LOL.gif

Loves

Brian

and as far as 'reasons' or 'conditions' for marriage is concern u may have different 'expectations' from him and its very unlikly that u dont have ne....so even if he has this 'green card' thingy in one of his reasons to get married with u...i dont see any harm in it....

I WISH EVERYONE COULD MARRY EACH OTHER WITH ANY REASON..CONDTITIONS OR EXPECTATIONS

love

Brian

Guest **..**

I do love him, we have been together for 1 year, I have (2) children, been married b4 (great catch I know :@ )I am so torn, in the beginning of our relationship I was ready to marry, but now we are living together, and it is driving me insane....I do love him, cannot imagine not having him in my life, but I do not know whether he saw a divorced mummy of 2 and said yup she'll be easy ; ) I cannot even trust my gut, my family likes him a lot, his family is still in India, his Mum calls me and (Although she speaks no english, and me, no punjab) she communicates to me and calls me daughter and my children grandchildren (she has only seen pictures of me) his family and friends know me here and treat me okay, geez, I don't know nothing like being so unsure of what is in your face...please give me some words of wisdom

thanks

that's very rude and kind of immature.

it's ignoring the situation at hand.... and by saying "no offence yo" doesn't mean t hat no offence was taken.... in fact, I was offended by that post and i'm not even the one in the situation.....

I think you should edit that post