Anyone Still Here?

Exactly what the thread title says... anyone still here from the early days of the forums?

A few questions for some of the older mebers:

Q: Is there any differences from the feel and users from the early days?

Q: Why did you sign up with the forums?

Q: What would you like to see be improved?

Q: What is your message to the younger members (age) of the forums?

Let's get everyones responses!

-LC

Guest lowest of the low singhni

A: not really. though we lost a few good ones.

A: because i was bored.

A: not very much. the mods are cool. and it's hard to tell the people who post to change themselves.

A: to everyone in general, don't take everything on the forums as being the Truth, stop arguing about silly things and read Gurbani to understand what sikhi is really about.

~l~

Exactly what the thread title says... anyone still here from the early days of the forums?

-LC

Yeah, seemed more relaxed before.. with more jokes.. Remember Kumi? *sighs*

No youth sangat available down here. I must admit, I've learnt quite a lot from this forum; Such as how not to beleive what everyone says, and be able to mentally filter out them, and ofcourse, about Sikhi. Since joining at December 05, i've changed considerably - Good AND bad - but generally have grown closer to Sikhi - Up to the point of Taking Amrit. Before, i was the average Punjabi Bhangra-remix-fanatic boy.

Nothing, its perfect :@ . LOL nah, I mean.. it will spoil the fun if things are improved.

At first its extremely easy to beleive what everyone writes. Before taking account of an issue, ask lot's of users for their opinion, or even discuss the issue with someone in real life.. It helps!

Once you learn to do your own research and find a way of filtering out "wrong" answers.. You will find your knowledge has expanded so much.

O yeah, another thing; Theres nothing wrong in joking tongue.gif - We oldies have fun too!

** not dec 05 but jan 05 blush.gif

-LC

-LC

Yeah, seemed more relaxed before.. with more jokes.. Remember Kumi? *sighs*

No youth sangat available down here. I must admit, I've learnt quite a lot from this forum; Such as how not to beleive what everyone says, and be able to mentally filter out them, and ofcourse, about Sikhi. Since joining at December 05, i've changed considerably - Good AND bad - but generally have grown closer to Sikhi - Up to the point of Taking Amrit. Before, i was the average Punjabi Bhangra-remix-fanatic boy.

Nothing, its perfect :@ . LOL nah, I mean.. it will spoil the fun if things are improved.

At first its extremely easy to beleive what everyone writes. Before taking account of an issue, ask lot's of users for their opinion, or even discuss the issue with someone in real life.. It helps!

Once you learn to do your own research and find a way of filtering out "wrong" answers.. You will find your knowledge has expanded so much.

O yeah, another thing; Theres nothing wrong in joking tongue.gif - We oldies have fun too!

** not dec 05 but jan 05 blush.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Yes! In the beginning, there were few users, less controversy, and more SIKHI discussion. I think we have lost a lot of that in the recent bikerings... and now there are many different types of sikhs out there... causing many different types of 'discussions'.

I was a LOOONG time reader... for around a year, before I decided to join up. I loved everything about the forums. And my name Khalsa4ever... was actually to spite mr. AKJ4ever cause there is no such thing as an akj sikh!!

Less telling... more discussing. (most convos are now I'm right, you're wrong, and the blindness of people to even read what the other person has said).

Listen to the truth. Sikhism isn't a blind faith religion. In fact, in reality "sikhism" isn't a religion... its a way of life. Understand why you are doing what you do... because otherwise its just a ritual, and then its fruitless. If you understand why things are done, you will understand the importance of sikhi, rehat, and the code of conduct that binds us all. Its more than just I do this because "someone said so". There is a reason. Investigate... discover... and learn!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

This forum now feels like more of a community then it did earilier. Back then if anyone had a different opinion, or if they had anything that others didn't like there were automatically attacked. I remember my screen name being a issue for some. But over time the sangat became unified and cared less about the small things.

I felt that in the earlier discussions, not really now, there were some viewpoints that were not pointed out and I felt it was important to add to the discussions.

I think the forum is perfect the way it is.

Try to be more religious by learning from others on this forum and others. That is the whole purpose of the forum. Learn to be proper in Rehit and stay in chardee kala. The reason that this <banned word filter activated> comes on the forum is to learn about Sikhi from the GurSikhs on this forum.