Urgent Help

baljitk_grewal

what you mean what can she do? Why wouldn't it be possible?

Your wordly duties should be performed to their full as well as your spiritual life should be lived to its full. You are asked to live in this world, so live it. You may have to get dirty on the outside, but never let it penetrate your inner being.

Im sure the issue of serving alcohol and meat in flights is going to come up sooner or later. If she is feeling uncomfortable then it is her choice and she could find another job that can fit her requirements. If she takes the serving as a part of her Grishti jeevan and nothing more then more power to her. Blessed are those who live in the world/mud yet do not drown in it. She needs to look within her to find this strength to see if she can do her job with its negative influences while still being in touch with her beloved.

but such are my thought...i am no expert in this specific matter. Im sure other can give you a more formal answer on the requirements of a Amritdhari Sikh.

thanks for your reply ..........the person in this case is me .......see i really really wanna take amrit but dont know what to do..........one side my job that i longed for since childhood and one side my guru which i got to know is so important and i really want to belong to him totally but see........i just hope there will be someone to tell me what to do.......of course i am not just doing this job for money but cause its waht i tried so hard and achieved and now ......i understand if i ask babaji he will tell me what to do.....but i just wanna know if anyone know any flight attendant who took amrit and may be i can learn something from her......as u know makeup , uncovering head., need to take off the kirpan, oh i am scared babaji will reject me ......will not let me take amrit.....any advise??

oh i am scared babaji will reject me ......will not let me take amrit.....any advise??

Lol - Baba ji neglects no-one! :TH:

If you do have to take of the Kirpan i'm told as long as you wear a minature one around the neck it may be allowed. I'm not sure as different Maryada is explained at each Gurdwara.

May Guru ji guide you :T:

THANKS.......yea i also heard like u can wear those small ones round your neck.....but make up and uncovering head.....this is ridiculous.....i know babaji will help me out.....he said there is no job where u can't take amrit........but i need babaji to tell me if this is forgivable if i uncover my head......

Nice post Pheena jee. Reminds me of the example used in Gurbani and BHai Gurdas JI about a Gursikh being uneffected like a lotus in the (dirty?) pond.

Baljit Kaur ji, talk to your Guru.

Go and talk to Punj Pyaarey (Guru Roop) before you take Amrit and ask them about it. No-one cna give an absolute answer about what they will say, except them.

Talk to them. They do not bite. They will give you a satisfactory answer :@

yes really ....i will.....hey do u know anywhere i can buy nice kirpan and gatra.......pls dont start shouting at me lol.....my mum got amrit......here in hong kong we have no where we can buy these stuffs.....i was wondering there must be alot of special ones in the uk or other countries.....please advise me.....like the gatra with khanda on it.......hope someone can advise......

Fateh

all da posts here are awesome :TH: ...panji......uv course guru ji will accept you.....like someone sed take hukamnama.......and tok to da panj pyaare and ask em what is best to do......and u live in hong kong you say?.... grin.gif ....INDIA!!!....go to india and you'll find nice kirpans and gatras there.....jus a suggestion.....i mean uk,canada are all good....but i got my stuff from india too....u can get nice taksali ones and stuff....and well....dun let ur job come in da way uv becoming guru ji's daughter panji.....u want to be a gursikh.....then uv course guru ji will help you and HE will make u HIS daughter :e: promise!hope this helped.....and sorry i dunno any flight attendent or air hostess whose an amrit-dhaari,bhul chuk muaf ji

GOOD LUCK PANJI!!!! :@

Fateh

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Bhainjee, i know a kaur that is a flight attendent, and she asked her boss before she even started her training if she could wear pants instead of the formal skirt that they usally ask the women to wear. When she asked him, and told him her reasons he said it was fine. Now about the makeup, all i know is that this bhainjee wears you know vaseline? .. your in hong kong so i dont quite know if you know about it. Its like protoleum jelly. But more as a cream. People put it on chapped lips, and it's good for them. Bhainjee wears that and boss say's its fine. Now about your kirpaan/khakaars this bhainjee wears a belt kirpaan (Which you tie around your waiste) so its less noticable then the regular gatra that goes from your shoulders. So, she wears that and nobody has seen it. This bhainjee also wears a dastaar whenever she works. This only takes a matter of ardaas to guru sahib. :@

Have faith, and dont be shy to talk to you boss about your personal belifs. :)

Any more questions, please ask

Bull chaak maaph karnee sangath jeeeo

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh