Kirpan And Aeroplane

Pritam Singh Khalsa, where exactly can this story be found?

Historical reference please.

If you read Sohila (as it it's real name is), you will realise that it is not only composition of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, but also Guru Arjan Dev ji and Guru Ram Das Ji.

Thus the story cannot be true.

Any Bani can be read at any time. It is Bhamansvad to say that some banis can ONLY be read at some times. yes some banis are COMPULSARY at some times, since that is when you get the most out of it... But ther eis no restriction. When someone dies, you read sohila Sahib. What if someone dies 10 in the morning?

No bani is bound to any time. Yes some are mandatory at some times, but it doesn't mean you cannot read i.e. Sohila Sahib after Anand Sahib (in morning)..if you want to...

Bhull Chukk Maaf

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all, if one watches the news, it is becoming very apparent that there is no safe place for a Sikh. From the hate crimes to outright genocide, if someone here believes that the world is somehow a safe haven for Sikhs, they are kidding themselves.

Hate crimes happen to Muslim women wearing hijabs, too. Let's not forget that Sikkhs are not being attacked because of the principles of Sikkhism. They are being attacked because ignorant grunts do not even know what a Sikkh is and think that a dastaar-wearing Sikkh is a Muslim who sympathises with Islamic terrorists.

And "genocide"? Where? 1984? This is 2006.

Much has changed since 1984. Like...a Sikkh P.M. for example.

And if someone here thinks that the duty of the Khalsa is no longer needed, then you have only to look at Darfur, Sudan and other major world genocides to realize that the Khalsa is just as needed as today.

Good thind I didn't say that "the duty of the Khalsa is no longer needed" then, isn't it? :TH:

Regardless of what we can rationalize and do to make our minds at ease, it is a violation of Rehat, but the Sikhs are in a position of helplessness in this situation. I am sure the Guru will forgive...that is why the Guru is the Guru...but the Rehat is not negotiable...sorry.

"Not negotiable"? Okay, that's fine. But as long as you realise that you are limiting yourself as long as a civil compromise does not enter the scene. And you're gonna have to just live with that.

And one thing...if anyone wants to tread the path of Sikhi, never ever try to assume that the Gurus could not have "dreamed" of airliners 300 years ago or know all the difficulties that the Sikhs would have to go through. The Guru and the Almighty are One, and both are beyond the mental constraints of time and space. It is we who are ignorant enough to reduce them to our mentality without realizing that what the Gurus have outlined is beyond such mortal time-constraints as we percieve the world in. So when you make a comment like the Gurus not knowing what is going to happen in 300 years, realize that you are reducing the Guru to your and my mental level. And I for one certainly cannot compose the Guru Granth Sahib or make a Khalsa Panth...if you can, I am listening.

The Knight's Templar, the Crusades, the Imperial Samurai of Japan...creating a 'divine army' based on a religion isn't something new, and every time it is made it tends to make an impact on history. Interestingly, each one of these divin armies believes that they and no-one else will be rewarded.

The ol' reward scheme again. Like a dog doing tricks for that scrumptious-looking chocoloate bone. Bite-size, of course. Not the full-size one. That'd be wierd.

Personally, I don't take kindly to spiritual blackmail. But if you wish to believe a certain set of ideas, you are more than entitled to and I have nothing against you for doing so.

Furthermore, the Gurus (particularly Nanak) seemed more fascinated with God than necessarily being the same as him. The second Guru - daunted by his task of Guru-ship - even went into hiding for a good while before coming back. The fifth Guru confessed that he could not fully understand Guru Nanak's vision. And then, Guru Gobind Singh Ji - in order to topple the Mughal fascist dictatorship - used the devotion of the existing following to create an army of which he was the divine general. Like I said, this is nothing new.

But deciding how you choose to take this information and interpret it is rather important. For both you and those around you.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Ill let you think the story is not true. BUT THIS IS TRUE.

Research yourself since its false to you.

LIONKING: The first heading is: KIRTAN Sohila mahalla PELA { 1st Guru }

You read this before someone is creamated because this is there last sleep on earth.

The Shabad is to remind us of the day that death will come.

Go actually pick up a Gutka and read yourself instead of talking about what you dont know!

It is called KIRTAN Sohila because it should be sung before bed, meaning you sing praises of God day and night Awoke and before Sleep.

Do you know what the word Gutka means from it root? { not meaning book }

It was a brake on a wagon, meaning when you live in this worldly things you read banis thus taking a brake to the material world.

Ill wait to tell the story of the force field

Lionchild: I am a very goofy kind of guy all the time , but when I talk about Sikhi and religion I am serious except when I throw in a joke, but I dont make things up.......ever......

Learn first Talk later. :e:

You can read KIRTAN SOHILA at any time but will only be benefitial before going to bed or at a funeral.

post-5391-1149785770.jpg

Lionchild: I am a very goofy kind of guy all the time , but when I talk about Sikhi and religion I am serious except when I throw in a joke, but I dont make things up.......ever......

You can read KIRTAN SOHILA at any time but will only be benefitial before going to bed or at a funeral.

it's hard to tell.. even at the best oftimes... but i guess we both need to coll down and read the message we both say :@

The " learn first talk later" was directed towards lionking. Sorry if it looked towards you. I edited the last part so it trapped it in by the comment towards you. I should have done yours at the bottom or top "a". heheheheh [get it] [your from Canada "a" } hehehehehe respect.gif

Ill let you think the story is not true. BUT THIS IS TRUE.

Research yourself since its false to you.

First you make up stories, next you do othing to substanciate them. Fair enough if these fairy tales follow Gurmat, but they are utter manmat.

LIONKING: The first heading is: KIRTAN Sohila mahalla PELA { 1st Guru }

Nowhere in Guru Granth Sahib Ji is there KIRTAN Sohila mahalla PELA, Which Gutka are you using?

Sohila Sahib startts with: Sohila Rag Gauri Deep Ki Mahala Pehla.

sohilaa raag gourree dheepakee mehalaa 1

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=49

Nowhere in Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Kirtan Sohila used (might be used in Bhai Gurdas JI diya vaara..not sure..)

You read this before someone is creamated because this is there last sleep on earth.

The Shabad is to remind us of the day that death will come.

Go actually pick up a Gutka and read yourself instead of talking about what you dont know!

Actually, if you pick out your Punjabi dictionary from the cupboard, the word 'sohila' means happiness, joy. Sikhs read the prayer of JOY at death. d_oh.gif

It is called KIRTAN Sohila because it should be sung before bed, meaning you sing praises of God day and night Awoke and before Sleep.

Read the ABni From Guru Granth Sahib Ji, or from the Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada, it's called Sohila.

Do you know what the word Gutka means from it root? { not meaning book }

It was a brake on a wagon, meaning when you live in this worldly things you read banis thus taking a brake to the material world.

Dd not know this, but don't see how its relevant to this discussion.

Ill wait to tell the story of the force field

1- Substantiate your stories, instead of asking people to blindly believe in stuff. The type of behaviour you are hoping people have..is not according to Sikh (to blindly accept tales)...

By saying tha a certain bani will only be benificial on a certain time is an INSULT to Dhur Ki Bani.

Shabad Guru is beyond time, space, and everything else :@

d_oh.gif

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Sat Sri Akal:

"And "genocide"? Where? 1984? This is 2006."

You have got to be kidding yourself if you think that such an occurance cannot occur again. And sorry to burst your bubble, but if you are being attacked, education ain't giong to do you squat...but that's ok...you engage them in dialouge when they are punching/kicking/stabbing you. Sikh PM? Yeah...he's done so much for the Sikh cause... rolleyes.gif Puppet for the very government that perpetuated the crimes...sure.

"each one of these divin armies believes that they and no-one else will be rewarded."

You want to point where I said that?

"But if you wish to believe a certain set of ideas, you are more than entitled to and I have nothing against you for doing so."

Hmmm...sounds like RELIGION to me? wacko.gif You DO realize that a Sikh is supposed to comply with a discipline don't you?

"Furthermore, the Gurus (particularly Nanak) seemed more fascinated with God than necessarily being the same as him. The second Guru - daunted by his task of Guru-ship - even went into hiding for a good while before coming back. The fifth Guru confessed that he could not fully understand Guru Nanak's vision. And then, Guru Gobind Singh Ji - in order to topple the Mughal fascist dictatorship - used the devotion of the existing following to create an army of which he was the divine general. Like I said, this is nothing new."

Care you back your assertions with evidence? Sounds like the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen laid in such a small space.

Sat Sri Akal:

"And "genocide"? Where? 1984? This is 2006."

You have got to be kidding yourself if you think that such an occurance cannot occur again. And sorry to burst your bubble, but if you are being attacked, education ain't giong to do you squat...but that's ok...you engage them in dialouge when they are punching/kicking/stabbing you. Sikh PM? Yeah...he's done so much for the Sikh cause... rolleyes.gif Puppet for the very government that perpetuated the crimes...sure.

yeah, maybe noton such a large scale, but it could happen again, hopefully, we will be somewhat ready :@

<admin-cut>

Go and prove me wrong then if I have to make a time machine or mail you the info and source.

Ill let you not see the story and be stuck in your hole that you made.

I already know the story but its long to type out for people especially for kids who think it isnt true.

Do you know what, most Sikh history wasnt video taped for you skeptics.

If your Gutka is SGGS then alot of the panj banis we read daily would be longer than whats in Gutkas.

I have 4-5 different Gutkas from India {or do I have to mail it to you for you to "know}

Why wuld I make up a story about Sikh Faith. Are you retarded. I dont lie. for 1........

I didnt give the definition of "Sohila" { but good try} I said why you recite Sohila at a funeral.

I have books about each of the panj banis and now you know more than these scholars do?

Gutka meaning

"""Dd not know this, but don't see how its relevant to this discussion."""

{{{It showed what depth I am talking about with these stroies of the banis.}}}}

1- Substantiate your stories, instead of asking people to blindly believe in stuff. The type of behaviour you are hoping people have..is not according to Sikh (to blindly accept tales)...

Did you check the validity of the hindu myths/stories in Dasam Granth? All the stories of Baba Nand Ji or Baba Thakur Ji are blind also then. So get the DVD or its false.

To you its blind if there isnt a video or DVD to go along with. You sound like youd even be skeptical of the DVD if ther was 1.

By saying tha a certain bani will only be benificial on a certain time is an INSULT to Dhur Ki Bani.

{{ O.K then read Asa di // at 12 noon, read Jap Ji before bed, Read Anand Sahib after serving prashad instead of before cutting with kirpan, read Reharaas when you wake up, and read Kirtan sohila while working in the middle of the day while walking around.

You insult your own intelegence be saying you dont have to read banis at certain times. When you say that I know you arent educated with what banis are or do.

Try my some more :bringitondude

untitled.bmp