Kirpan And Aeroplane

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I dont care if they talk rudely, but I wont do him a favor by typing out a long story and have him talk like that. Id rather not tell him and have him think what ever he wants

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<admin-cut>

Go and prove me wrong then if I have to make a time machine or mail you the info and source.

Ill let you not see the story and be stuck in your hole that you made.

I already know the story but its long to type out for people especially for kids who think it isnt true.

Do you know what, most Sikh history wasnt video taped for you skeptics.

If your Gutka is SGGS then alot of the panj banis we read daily would be longer than whats in Gutkas.

I have 4-5 different Gutkas from India {or do I have to mail it to you for you to "know}

Why wuld I make up a story about Sikh Faith. Are you retarded. I dont lie. for 1........

I didnt give the definition of "Sohila" { but good try} I said why you recite Sohila at a funeral.

I have books about each of the panj banis and now you know more than these scholars do?

Gutka meaning

"""Dd not know this, but don't see how its relevant to this discussion."""

{{{It showed what depth I am talking about with these stroies of the banis.}}}}

1- Substantiate your stories, instead of asking people to blindly believe in stuff. The type of behaviour you are hoping people have..is not according to Sikh (to blindly accept tales)...

Did you check the validity of the hindu myths/stories in Dasam Granth? All the stories of Baba Nand Ji or Baba Thakur Ji are blind also then. So get the DVD or its false.

To you its blind if there isnt a video or DVD to go along with. You sound like youd even be skeptical of the DVD if ther was 1.

By saying tha a certain bani will only be benificial on a certain time is an INSULT to Dhur Ki Bani.

{{ O.K then read Asa di // at 12 noon, read Jap Ji before bed, Read Anand Sahib after serving prashad instead of before cutting with kirpan, read Reharaas when you wake up, and read Kirtan sohila while working in the middle of the day while walking around.

You insult your own intelegence be saying you dont have to read banis at certain times. When you say that I know you arent educated with what banis are or do.

Try my some more

admin, where'd the "report this post" button go? I truly think that a whole lot of Post #49 was pure Gundh.

gurumustuk singh???

Why because hes white.

Is that comment racist?

Why would I go to a website and tell.

I should email him that you talk $#*! on him.

Whats funny is you act like I have any affiliation with 3ho the org. which you know nothing about.

What do you have against him?

Why do you take out stuff on him? he isnt 3ho, hes just a part of it.

Your just looking for somewhere to go and you go to a forum to try to feel good about yourself.

I only am here to teach people stuff that they want to know. If they dont want to know then they wouldnt PM me or email me and ask.

After a little bit Ill cut out from this because most people dont know really anything related with Sikhi, and I just hear echos or someone goes to a site and comes here and says something when they just copy what someone else on another site has already said.

post-5391-1149827667.jpg

Guest Narinder Singh

If in the future, it is decided that dastaars are not acceptable for flights, and are banned (not so outlandish, seeing as how France has banned dastaars in schools, etc) would all of us Sikhs then also go bare headed on to planes? We can justify our weakness with excuses that we are doing it for the safety of others, etc. but the truth is that taking off the kirpan is a weakness.

What security risk does a kirpan pose in comparison to some psycho breaking one of those liqour bottles and using that as a weapon?

The total ban on the kirpan is wrong and when we take off our kirpans, we are making a compromise in Gurmat. Guru Sahib is always forgiving, but that still doesn't make it right.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji once sent two of his Khalsa to a renowned Hindu center of learning in order to be educated and to bring back copies of specific scriptures (the Guru translated a number of Hindu texts including the Upanishads). These two Khalsa made there way to the Hindu temple and came back empty handed.

The Guru asked why this was.

The two Khalsa said "Guru-ji; the Pandits at the temple would not allow us to use their texts due to our appearance".

The Guru replied by saying:

"You are walking into a territory where a certain code of conduct is required. You cannot march into someone else's world and make demands. You must relinquish your ego and show these men the respect that they deserve for the service they will provide you."

And so, the two Khalsa wore their hair down like the Pandits and made their way back to the Hindu temple. They did the rituals that they required and showed the proper respect.

They returned with the information and scriptures.

The country of France has its own domestic policy. They attempted to prevent anti-religious attacks in public places (a noble goal) by ensuring that no-one displayed any signs that were evident of their faith (a little naive, unfortunately).

Clothing has never been an issue on planes; with all the different and varied cultures from Asia to Africa to South America, everyone is allowed to wear what they wish. But you must understand the practical difference between wearing a turban...and carrying a weapon. Unlike a glass bottle, the blade was designed to be a weapon of combat with the ability to kill.

Sometimes, a little common sense can go a long way.

Man i hear some weird sakhis sometimes, this was one of them. The two Khalse wore their hair down and did rituals??? Hmmm, Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that a Sikh does not perform rituals even by MISTAKE, and ur telling me that Sikhs completely abandoned their kakkars and performed Hindu rituals to read a few religious texts? Those are not characteristics of the Khalsa I've heard of. Why didnt Sikhs use this strategy when a price was put on their head and they were living in jungles? Sikhs chose to die than abandon their saroop blessed to them.

And how are Sikhs marching into someone elses world? This is my world, and this is my country, im not a freakin outsider.

France is racist, dont gimme none of that preventing anti-religious attacks garbage. I think being attacked for what u believe in is better than not being able to practice what u believe.

Why do u Sikhs wear kirpaans? Why did Guru ji gave it to us? What has it been used for? Imagine if there were a few Amritdhari Sikhs carrying kirpaans flying on the highjacked planes on 9/11, things would've been a little different dont u think?

Most of u guys have made really good points, but MAX, sorry, u dont make any sense, i think u have a real serious case of Sikhbarringarmsphobia.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

gurumustuk singh???

Why because hes white.

Is that comment racist?

Why would I go to a website and tell.

I should email him that you talk $#*! on him.

Whats funny is you act like I have any affiliation with 3ho the org. which you know nothing about.

What do you have against him?

Why do you take out stuff on him? he isnt 3ho, hes just a part of it.

Your just looking for somewhere to go and you go to a forum to try to feel good about yourself.

I only am here to teach people stuff that they want to know. If they dont want to know then they wouldnt PM me or email me and ask.

After a little bit Ill cut out from this because most people dont know really anything related with Sikhi, and I just hear echos or someone goes to a site and comes here and says something when they just copy what someone else on another site has already said.

so you are... ok, well i didnt know you would take my joke literaly, but ok! :@

In fact, i do know alot on 3ho... both good and bad parts of it, but lets not go there. I don't have much against gurumustuk singh... except his moderation bs at sikhnet...

<admin-cut>

Go and prove me wrong then if I have to make a time machine or mail you the info and source.

Ill let you not see the story and be stuck in your hole that you made.

I already know the story but its long to type out for people especially for kids who think it isnt true.

Do you know what, most Sikh history wasnt video taped for you skeptics.

Butmost of it has been recorded. Although by Very biased authors (Mohsin Fani, Jahangir himself...Qazi Nur Muhammad etc etc..lets goes on)

It's all recorded.

Unless you can back up your claim, which is utterly against Gurmat, I doon't see any reasonw why I shouldn't question it.

If your Gutka is SGGS then alot of the panj banis we read daily would be longer than whats in

Gutkas.

I have 4-5 different Gutkas from India {or do I have to mail it to you for you to "know}

Most fo the Panj Baniya arn't from Guru Granth Sahib JI. Secondly the Banis in Guru Granth Shaib ji are as long as they are in Gutkey. Also Gutkey are publishe dby pulishers..who put tiles on the different prayers by THEMSELVES. by the titls in Guru Granth Sahib ji, are those that matter. For Example your Gutka from Chattar Singh Jeevan Singh, might say JAPJI SAHIB. In reality it name of the bani is Jap. That' is. Meditate. Jap.

Why wuld I make up a story about Sikh Faith. Are you retarded. I dont lie. for 1........

I'm not saying you have, but someone has and you've fallen for it.

I didnt give the definition of "Sohila" { but good try} I said why you recite Sohila at a funeral.

I have books about each of the panj banis and now you know more than these scholars do?

Gutka meaning

"""Dd not know this, but don't see how its relevant to this discussion."""

{{{It showed what depth I am talking about with these stroies of the banis.}}}}

Ok. Whatever makes you happy bro :@

1- Substantiate your stories, instead of asking people to blindly believe in stuff. The type of behaviour you are hoping people have..is not according to Sikh (to blindly accept tales)...

Did you check the validity of the hindu myths/stories in Dasam Granth? All the stories of Baba Nand Ji or Baba Thakur Ji are blind also then. So get the DVD or its false.

To you its blind if there isnt a video or DVD to go along with. You sound like youd even be skeptical of the DVD if ther was 1.

No, but our history is noted. It's there. You dont need a video film to wathc it.

Read it. Go buy book by muslim historians.

By saying tha a certain bani will only be benificial on a certain time is an INSULT to Dhur Ki Bani.

{{ O.K then read Asa di // at 12 noon, read Jap Ji before bed, Read Anand Sahib after serving prashad instead of before cutting with kirpan, read Reharaas when you wake up, and read Kirtan sohila while working in the middle of the day while walking around.

My nitnem is none of your business... But I wouldn't mind doign the above.

You insult your own intelegence be saying you dont have to read banis at certain times. When you say that I know you arent educated with what banis are or do.

Try my some more :bringitondude

There are certaim times when banis are compulsary, btu that doesn't mean you an't read them at other times

Unless you can prove your statements... I see no reason to carry on this discussion.

Stay in Chardikala bro :)

Bhull Chukk maaf

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

You said you dont have to read banis at certain times and I proved it wrong. If you dont then dont read reharaas at all because you shouldnt have to read it at a certain time then why at all? why not another bani in its place?

I was reading SGGS this morning and it starts off as Rag Gauri deepki Mahalla PELA So how was Guru Nanak not in Kirtan Sohila. Your conspiracy theories about Gutkas are making you paranoid.

I guess just for you I have to go seraching through all my library and photo copy and give you a list of sources and a bibliography.

Instead of take it,, just leave it. Thats tons of research again and just for you to say " o.k I beleive it now."

Ill let you think what ever you want since so far everything you say about nitnem is bunk.

Ill let you either start to study Sikhi or just play on the CPU allday with no actual reading and study yourself.

Sikhi means disciple or learner. Im not going to learn for you. I was going to post the stories but since the man who recorded it isnt sitting here next to you and telling you in person, then it isnt true.

Your probaly young and nieve and just need time to go be so you have a drive to want to learn things instead of criticizing.

Good Luck with your studies.

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif

look at this pic. Its a still picture. If you are all <Edited> off it will move fast. If it moves slower you are in a more pleasant mood. This is a test that they use in prisons to chart how someones subconsious level is.

You should try it out. Or is this not what they use in corectional faciluties too?

post-5391-1149864988_thumb.jpg

Preetam Singh....

Before anything else, I want you to be very calm when you read this. I'm 100% not trying to offend you or anything. Just read this with an open mind.

I don'tbelieve oyu are understandnig the posts that Lion King is writing.

as an example:

Lion King said that bani is not limited by time, but he never EVER argued that you should do banis that we know are at certain times.. what he's sayin is "do japji in the morning, but that doesn't mean you can't recite japji at 3pm either", and i think you're interpreting it as if he's suggesting that there is no order whatsoever.

Second:

If your Gutka is SGGS then alot of the panj banis we read daily would be longer than whats in

Gutkas.

The discussion was about the name of a bani, and for some reason you brought in the length. Since 3 of the 5 banis are not in guru granth sahib ji's saroop, then i can only extrapolate that you're implying that you don't read 40 pauri anand sahib. That's cool, it's your business, but despite that, no one's talkin about lengths. Even Chopei Sahib and Tv Prasaad Sveyai are defined within their respective baanis as what they are. Example, in Akaal Ustat, Tv Prasaad Sveyiay is Titled with that at the begnining of the baani.

Keertan Sohila is not titled like this. This discussion was about the naming of the bani. (well it was about somehting entirely different before haha :@ but we've all gone off topic from there). We're discussing the authentic name of the baani "Sohila" or "keertan Sohila" or whatever.... and what Lion King is saynig is that from the most authentic source available (that is Guru Granth Sahib Ji), the baani starts with "Sohila" That's it.. not a mention of the word "keertan".

it's like if i was saying that tv prasaad sveyai is actualy called "Superman Sveyai".... where would you go to prove me wrong? Straight to akaal ustat in Dasm Granth, right? Just as such, Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the source to find out the correct name of the baanis we recite.

Again, I'm not trying to offend you, I just want to clear up what I'm seeing as a third-party. It seems that you were misunderstanding some of his points that's all