Guruji To Be Taken To Florida Hotel

Fateh Ji

Just spoke to the hotel - a lady answered who was completely unaware of the wedding issue as I explained to her. Got passed down to another lady who said its up to the couple and they can't do anything about it. Just sent emails via the links suggested.

Hopefully sangat ji if we try to get in more emails and more callers we might be able to save of Guru.

Rab Rakha

Baljivan Singh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Ek Niwas is more of a problem to worry about than this{even though they are dissin GuruJi too} They should go to Guru not Guru come to them. This couple is stupid and greedy and against Gurmat.

WJKK WJKF

I have to burst the buble but the panthic sewa started by UK sangat (youth) is amazing and very active with many positive ending but to handle the same situation in America.. its complete different situation because its the whole different world with different laws and regulations. In UK, Canada and many other countries you can wear kirpan legally and in states you can't; just one example of difference. One have to look into these situations and got to have the geographic & political understanding before jumping on situation or cases and thats also in state of Florida where few handy sikhs resides (and to some majority of em are not even real sikh). Uk is compact and ppls can travel without loosing much time etc. Here in US it's not easy for the person who do job or even student and take out their time to travel to 1000 to 3000 miles to protest.

In my opinion, we have to:

1) Educate gurdwaray granthis regarding the Sandeesh and hukam of Akal Takht of not taking Guru Granth sahib jee to any HALL.

2) Spread Flyers to Sangat so that they were assured beforehand on this issue but not on the day of their kids marriage.

3) USA, you gotta think big.. Have regional contacts, for example.. UNITED SIKHS have people contacts almost in every region to deal with sikh public/social issues.

Just my views.. Keep up the pressure on ! :TH:

I agree fully to S1NGH veerji. Unlike Uk, America is huge and sikhs are not easily visible minority here. We really need to have a Youth Network, who are active in their gurughars. So whenever something like this happens the word could be spread and sangat can come togther. In florida i personally beleive that sangat should try to contact the source from where Guruji will be brought. If it is an individual/gurughar except for the parties involved, they should be pressurized.

There was also mention of similar thing happening in santa clara, california on aug 5. What are updates on it. Did somebody contacted those folks? I'm sure those ppl will get stiff opposition, as bayarea has one of the best sangat.

May Guruji give sense to all these ppl.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

"""" In UK, Canada and many other countries you can wear kirpan legally and in states you can't; just one example of difference."""""

Where cant we? I wear mine on the outside of my clothes everywhere I go Raleys Supermarket, some concerts, Walmart/Target,restraunts,etc. I just want to know where I cant wear a Kirpan.

"""" In UK, Canada and many other countries you can wear kirpan legally and in states you can't; just one example of difference."""""

Where cant we? I wear mine on the outside of my clothes everywhere I go Raleys Supermarket, some concerts, Walmart/Target,restraunts,etc. I just want to know where I cant wear a Kirpan.

you waer it outside your cloths? interesting, i know a number of sikhs who wear kirpans, but keep it under shirt or jacket for "moderation" and to not stand out... i do that. grin.gif

If someone complain to police regarding your visible kirpans, most likely your sri sahib will be taken away from you and sometime cases will be registered against you for the procession of illegal item because they think its the threat to the society. I may be wrong on this one but in my state person cannot carry knife (in their words) with more than 5 inch of blade. (don't quote me but i heard it from non-sikh friend of mine)

Pritam brother.. not very far from your place, singh that i know from my city (stockton) was arrested from Walgreen store who was wearing sri sahib underneath, he went through lots of trouble.. eventually we (local singhs) ended up in conference room with the chief to discuss this matter. So look around and be careful :@

http://www.panthic.org/news/123/ARTICLE/2565/2006-06-18.html

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

R4G (North America) Gets First Victory

Sunday 18th of June 2006

Panthic Weekly News Bureau

San Francisco, California (KP) - The recently launched Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Jee Campaign, North America, sponsored by Waheguroo! Network, Khalsa Alliance, Khalsa Press and others is reporting their first victory in the campaign to stop disrespect towards the eternal Guru.

The campaign, with volunteers, spread out across North America, with head volunteers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto, is working closely with Sikhs in U.K. who have similar goals. Although the U.K. Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Jee Campaign has been criticized in the past, many have commented that they do everything they can to do things peacefully.

Organizers for the North America campaign have said they are going to take a slightly different approach, with awareness being the key.

One organizer said, “We want to make presentations at Gurudwaras and teach people why they shouldn’t disrespect Guru Sahib…Guru Arjan Dev Jee had so much respect for Pothi Sahib (now Guru Granth Sahib Jee) that he slept on the floor, beneath the Saroop.”

One of the main goals of the U.K. and North America campaigns has been to stop weddings at hotels and other places where anti-Sikh activities may take place.

“This is in accordance to Akal Takht Sahib’s hukamnamas and recent sandesh,” he said.

Other goals include making sure that saroops of Guru Sahib do not get mistreated.

“We have heard of cases where people do sukhasan into suitcases, there is the case in New Orleans where the granthi left the gurudwara and the saroops were on the floor with 10 feet of raw sewage on top of them. If we can stop that from happening ever again, it would be a great seva.”

The North America campaign is claiming its first victory next weekend where a wedding in a Florida hotel has been diverted to the Gurudwara. Sangat worldwide had contacted the hotel and the family. After a week, with the grace of the Guru, the family changed their minds and decided not to hold the Anand Karaj at the Marriot Hotel.

A U.K. volunteer was also contacted on their Sikh Alerts phone number; wishing to remain anonymous he commented on their goals, “We have to remember, we aren’t here to rescue Guru Sahib, he is here to rescue us. We just do what little seva [service] he grants us.”

Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Jee Campaign, North America can be contacted at r4g-na@waheguroo.com or 1-805-768-0490.

Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Jee Campaign, United Kingdom can be contacted at SikhAlerts@yahoo.co.uk or 07944 445651.