Lament Of An Operation Bluestar Soldier

Guest PunjabSingh

Guest PunjabSingh

Gurfateh !

I just came across this story on the web ,so thought might as well share it with the sangat :

Lament of an Operation Bluestar soldier

Hoshiarpur (Punjab) | June 07, 2006 9:01:16 PM IST

Twenty-two years after Operation Bluestar - the anti-terrorist June 1984 army operation at the Golden Temple - some soldiers who took part in it feel they have not got their due.

Kirti Chakra awardee Naik Jagpal Singh of 1 Para-Commando, who was completely blinded on the first day of the operation June 5-6, 1984, is one of them. A bullet had pierced his eyes as he tried to carry his company commander, who had been injured, to safety.

"It was a bloody operation, yet we did not get the benefits soldiers get for fighting wars," Jagpal told IANS, sitting in the veranda of his house in Depur village in this district.

Tears roll down his vacant eyes as he talks about the operation and his life thereafter.

"No benefits were offered to soldiers who got handicapped in Operation Bluestar, to set up some business, like petrol pump or jobs for children, on the lines of India-Pakistan or India-China wars," laments Jagpal.

"I only got a payment of Rs.100,000 each from the army and the government respectively," he says.

The day is crystal clear in his memory.

"I was the first man to have entered the 'Darshini Deori' in the Golden Temple complex with a rifle in hand, grenades in pocket and ammunition for a light machine gun (LMG). I led the squad inside and the moment we entered we were caught in crossfire from all four sides. Seventeen from among us died on the spot," recalls Jagpal.

A bullet pierced his eyes, but Jagpal was saved by a havaldar major.

Life changed. Today Jagpal stays with his wife and children, spending most of his time listening to the radio.

-Indo-Asian News Service

(IANS)

"I was the first man to have entered the 'Darshini Deori' in the Golden Temple complex with a rifle in hand, grenades in pocket and ammunition for a light machine gun (LMG). I led the squad inside and the moment we entered we were caught in crossfire from all four sides. Seventeen from among us died on the spot,"

17 died on the spot... serves these evil scumbags right.

Maybe this excuse for a human being should beg forgiveness from Guru Sahib for the murderous actions he and his fellow army terrorists did in 1984. Insted of begging for compensation from the cold inept terrorism sanctioning government.

Guest militant singh

yh tru that scumbag has survived till this day all i know is his days are numbered ,any1 who inflicts damage on the sikh panth will pay

Guest PunjabSingh

I dont wish to refer to that scoundrel Kuldeep kumar as "Brar" as I am also Brar .

He's a "kalank" on our caste .

His family had disowned him.

He's married to some Anglo Indian.

The fact is he's not a Sikh though he calls himself to be one.

But Remember that Amar Shaheed Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindrawale did not use his caste as he was a Khalsa but the fact is he was also "Brar" .

Why I quoted the above news item is that if you are or were at one time on the side of the Indian Govt you stand to gain nothing.

Ultimately you are neither of the govt nor of the panth and remembered by no one.

This holds true for Badal and the like .

But still dont why Sikhs are running after them .

Guest PunjabSingh

I respect Sant ji as a Khalsa and True Sikh not as a Brar.

It pains when Kuldeep "Brar" is mentioned as the attacker of Operation Bluestar because I dont even consider that fellow a Sikh .But "Brar" is always mentioned with his name.

I remember how ashamed we were when we saw Kuldeep after Bluestar mentioning the attack and telling all lies on Indian TV which was the only source of news in those days besides radio.There was no cable TV.

So to neutralize the effect I mentioned Sant ji .It is fact Sant ji was born in Brar family of Rode village near Moga but was a true Khalsa.

By the way Lion King why are you so angry ?You must be in some remote corner of the world and perhaps in school .

I have been thru and seen all those times of 1980/90's in Punjab.