Lionchild

western sikhs  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who are western sikhs???

• sikhs of white (Caucasian) Background
    • sikhs of punjabi background born/raised in the west
    • sikhs of any background born/raised in the west
    • don't know

When did any of us say that there should be an English SGGS? Ummmm in fact the two people that responded to it (LionChild and I) both agreed that we like it translationed not changed into English. And where did this topic even come from? Why are we tlaking about it? Not that it's not important, but it's not related to this thread, is it?

Ummmm.... No offense but:

"SINCE I SOUND EGO, THEN INSTALL AN ENGLISH GRANTH AND HAVE YOUR OWN SANGAT AND HAVE THE ORIGINAL GURU GRANTH BE INVALID"

is NOT a good way to go... for you I mean. That's not a good post, that's like saying, "I give up (without trying, I might add)." And you're getting mad at all of us when we didn't say that at all...

"Why dont you start your own sect called lionSikhs? With your rehats and conduct, why dont you serve snikers bars as parshad? and instead of wearing a turban and 5Ks you have them tie shoe strings on their ankles and have 5Ps instead of the 5Ks? And you should sit on the throne and have your translated version on the ground at your feet?

This is how you sound." Where did that come from? It's a pointless reply, because it came out of nowhere. That's not posting to ANYBODY's benefit. Are you trying to create an argument?

I think I'm confused....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See you always take verything to extremes? "the ORIGINAL GURU GRANTH BE INVALID" well you are the only one who said that, not me or anyone else.

well i don't know what to say now... except this thread has gottten way off topic, but has also raised an important issue. The original gurmakhi can never be change, however it can be translated, as what i have been saying all along. Anyways, i think if any more posts are made on this subject, we might as well make a thread for it.

Looks like the poll results are shaping up... :TH:

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Confused is what Im saying. people should study the English to a point but not as the sole way as you guys are implying.

You shouldnt ever by-pass the original, ever.

"""The original gurmakhi can never be change, however it can be translated"""

It is but can never be installed as sole SGGS, but only studied on the side. {Not preached from to non-Sikhs}as being implied.

All the new sect stuff was to show you what would happen if people were taught through english solely even though it was worded pretty harsh.The reahat has been debated as an attachment to this topic.

Its hard to debate about this stuff online because in face-to-face talking alot more words can be explained and points get accross faster.

Sohila time ,Good Night Sahibs.

Confused is what Im saying. people should study the English to a point but not as the sole way as you guys are implying.

You shouldnt ever by-pass the original, ever.

"""The original gurmakhi can never be change, however it can be translated"""

It is but can never be installed as sole SGGS, but only studied on the side. {Not preached from to non-Sikhs}as being implied.

All the new sect stuff was to show you what would happen if people were taught through english solely even though it was worded pretty harsh.The reahat has been debated as an attachment to this topic.

Its hard to debate about this stuff online because in face-to-face talking alot more words can be explained and points get accross faster.

Sohila time ,Good Night Sahibs.

well your the one throwing the distorted views around, and then going to extremes... puting a english SGGS as the main one isnt much differernt form placing an copy of the sggs, and if you go out of your way to change and distort the SGGs, then yes, there will be problems.

But di i ever mention anythign about changing the meaning? no, i'm talking about just using another script, recongnise the difference.

You dont recognise learning the original. You want to focus more on the translation. Learn the original while studying the translation and after you are learn-ed then maybe you could go around spreading the word is what Im saying.Guru Gobind Singh said" Why do you want to teach when you yourself do not even know."

Naad: what is the definition? Learn it and youll see what Ive been saying the whole time.

You dont recognise learning the original. You want to focus more on the translation. Learn the original while studying the translation and after you are learn-ed then maybe you could go around spreading the word is what Im saying.Guru Gobind Singh said" Why do you want to teach when you yourself do not even know."

Naad: what is the definition? Learn it and youll see what Ive been saying the whole time.

As I mentioned before, i will learn gurmakhi and punjabi, as i need them to translate :@

ar some point, you will learn stuff and can teach, you sound as if that can't be done.

Anyways, the message is what counts...

A simple letter can be translated into many languages and still have the same meaning, unless you go out of your way to change it.

-LC

If the message is the same and you dont beleive in Naad then why wouldnt you want an installed english SGGS."""""Anyways, the message is what counts...""""""

Do you recite any NitNem banis in the original language or just in english?

I know a guy who did this and now he fell off the face off the Earth and got kicked out of the Gurdwara or in other words he didnt get to connect with the Naad and became a weirdo and could only recite mool mantar{only by memory} He was very gullible and got all wrong info about everything because he wasnt menatlly strong enough to weed out the falsehoods of some peoples mouthes.

What is the picture of the week?{that has been there for 2-3 weeks}

It looks like Aswad without the Kaaba stone in it.

I duno't now much about what you just said... all i can say is that going out with intentions to bend the truth and change the meaning creates friction.

The whole point is the open door to others who would other wise would have to climb the formidable language barrier, which is totally unecessary. Let people use their own language and they will just as sikh as anyome else.

A major principle in sikhi is to respect other peopels way of life and their religion, whatever you want to call it.