'anti Sikh' Editor Of Spokesman Records Statement In Court

Lion(LK)King

'Anti Sikh' Editor of Spokesman records Statement in Court

By SSNews, expressindia

Jun 9, 2006, 17:48 Email this article

Printer friendly page

"I published nothing objectionable against Sikhism ... Vedanti has personal grudge against me", Joginder Singh Chief Editor, Spokesman.

Joginder Singh, chief editor of Spokesman, recorded his statements in the ongoing case registered against Sri Akal Takht Jathedar. Joginder maintained that the Jathedar had no right to excommunicate him from the Sikh Panth and that his excommunication was entirely illegal.

He maintained he had not published anything objectionable against Sikhism. The directive of Sri Akal Takht appealed to Sikhs all over the world to severe all kinds of relations with Joginder Singh and boycott his magazine ‘Spokesman’ published from Chandigarh.

However, SSNews has reported on numerous occassions of the anti-panthic activities of Joginder Singh. Joginder Singh allegedly supported Gurbax Singh Kala Afghana, a Canada-based excommunicated Sikh. The Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht only issued a directive after an active campaign by Nihang Singh Jathas, Akhand Kirtani Jatha International, Damdami Taksal, Ratinder Singh of GURSIKH Organisation and other major Sikh Organisations. The Sikh community demanded the Jathedar take action against Spokesman publishers and other anti-Panthic groups.

Sikh Organisations appealed to the wider Indian community to boycott any company produce that advertised in the blasphemous Spokesman newspaper. The Sikh community criticised the Spokesman newspaper for spewing out propoganda criticising the Sikh faith, major Sikh institutions, including Sri Akal Takht and releasing articles against Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's teachings.

Actually most fo the time, what has been published is how he's been excommunicated, and his newspapers is allegedly anti-panthic, anti-sikh, pro kala and what not. Not once has -

1- One Single anti-sikh/panthic comment made by the editor been provided-

2- Any other proof that what goes on in the mag is anti-sikh anti panthic etc.

"I published nothing objectionable against Sikhism ... Vedanti has personal grudge against me"

For some reason this wouldn't surprise me, considering him actually considering excommunicating or summoning prabhsharandeep singh who questened the jathedar in the US.

I do not have any contact or relation with the spokesman..I do not know what tyhey publish, and I have never read a single article from it, but considering the huge amount of 'hoo haa' that has been made, no proof has been provided.

Same way, I do not know who prabhsharandeep singh is, I cannot care less about his life or whatever. I disagree with him digging on Espanola Sangat, but him questioning the jathedar in the US, made the jathedar kind of 'scared' (mild term).... which made im actually consider summoning him. What proof is there that the above statement by Joginder is not true? It is not like the ajthedar has never showed that he can use the authority for his own good. We have already seen how he has done that on numerous occasions (recieving bribes from dhanwanta...associating with chicago valey baba ji..after him 'counceling' in a motel ..with a 'prai nar'...and other morbid things Vedanti has done..)..So what makes SSNews so sure this is not the case now..and what proof is there.

As mentioned, I have no links or contacts with any of the people mentioned above...Just that the huge amount of trust SSNews has put in the jathedar..makes me wary...

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Veer ji any good Sikh should question what he hears in the news no matter where they read it and not blindly accept it as fact so thanks for the feedback and daas will try to answer your questions.

most fo the time, what has been published is how he's been excommunicated, and his newspapers is allegedly anti-panthic, anti-sikh, pro kala and what not. Not once has -

1- One Single anti-sikh/panthic comment made by the editor been provided-

2- Any other proof that what goes on in the mag is anti-sikh anti panthic etc.

We agree! the press have tended not to print excerpts, articles, etc. but as far as is known the legal case is the main reason that hasn't been published as yet but we hope it's published ASAP!

"I published nothing objectionable against Sikhism ... Vedanti has personal grudge against me"

For some reason this wouldn't surprise me, considering him actually considering excommunicating or summoning prabhsharandeep singh who questened the jathedar in the US.

As mentioned, I have no links or contacts with any of the people mentioned above...Just that the huge amount of trust SSNews has put in the jathedar..makes me wary...

Veer ji any person abusing their position of power to tackle personal grudges would not surprise anyone. However, veer ji if you read the article again after the bit you highlighted it states:

The Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht only issued a directive after an active campaign by Nihang Singh Jathas, Akhand Kirtani Jatha International, Damdami Taksal, Ratinder Singh of GURSIKH Organisation and other major Sikh Organisations. The Sikh community demanded the Jathedar take action against Spokesman publishers and other anti-Panthic groups.

What you may have noticed is news agencies run by the majority community in India that tend to issue news supportive of the RSS, Kala Afghana, Nakali Dehdhari Gurus, etc. also issue news supportive of Spokesman.

The jathedar did not make the decision in isolation and had to be pushed by major Sikh organisations to issue the directive. A meeting was finally held of Sikh high priests in the Takht’s secretariat by Jathedar Vedanti, Giani Tarlochan Singh, Giani Balwant Singh Nandgarh — Jathedars of Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib, Damdama Sahib respectively and Giani Gurbachan Singh, Granthi, Golden Temple and then the directive was issued. Joginder Singh was declared ‘tankhaiya’ (guilty of religious punishment) on February 5 and was given time to clarify his position by March 10. However, Mr Joginder Singh had categorically refused to appear before the Akal Takht on the pretext that Sikh clergy had no right to declare any Sikh ‘tankhaiya’ or excommunicating him from the Sikh Panth. Instead of responding to the summons of the Sikh clergy, Mr Joginder Singh had served legal notice on Vedanti.

SSNews is not trusting the view of any one person but published the article accepting the views of all the major Sikh organisations and Sikh community at large that campaigned tirelessly against anti-Sikh activity in recent years. I've attached both the directive issued by the Akal Takht as a result of the campaign by major Sikh Organisations. Also attached is a booklet called "Spokesman Exposed: Voice of Fraud and Fallacy" which was distributed to Khadoor Sahib sangat.

Same way, I do not know who prabhsharandeep singh is, I cannot care less about his life or whatever. I disagree with him digging on Espanola Sangat, but him questioning the jathedar in the US, made the jathedar kind of 'scared' (mild term).... which made him actually consider summoning him. What proof is there that the above statement by Joginder is not true? It is not like the ajthedar has never showed that he can use the authority for his own good. We have already seen how he has done that on numerous occasions (recieving bribes from dhanwanta...associating with chicago valey baba ji..after him 'counceling' in a motel ..with a 'prai nar'...and other morbid things Vedanti has done

Using your words regarding how Prabhsharandeep scared the jathedar SSNews was one of the only news sources to report on this and how the jathedar did not answer questions posed:

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_997.shtml

Here are some of the previous news articles on Vedanti:

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_939.shtml

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1028.shtml

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_997.shtml

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1055.shtml

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_809.shtml

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_824.shtml

To avoid bias, SSNews provides news based on as wide a variety of sources as possible. SSNews reserves the right to report on and criticise any individual or organisation including jathedar vedanti but also including those agencies acting against the Sikh community such as Dehdari Gurus, those who distort the Sikh principles, commit beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, etc.

post-1638-1150147949_thumb.jpg

SpokesmanExposedBooklet.pdf

That is true. Very valid points noted Sikhlionz. It is true that pro spokesman comments have been made in anti Sikh media, and perhaps that the directive was issued after pressure from other jathebandis.

Your points are very valid, an dmake a lot of sense..but I'm still very suspicious over the fact that..Vedanti or anyone else against spokesman have made any excerpts or quoted exactly what is anti panthic. For example, to write that "the panthic Maryada says hallal is prohibited" will be an anti-panthic, anti Sikh remark - where does the line go? I'm very suspicious over vedanti...and his contant anti-panthic business..when he's obviously been recieving bribes from rapists.

You write:

Veer ji any person abusing their position of power to tackle personal grudges would not surprise anyone.

Actually, for someone who is doing seva of Akal Thakhat jathedar, he should be more responsible than excommunicating people left and right..who critisize him. He should be responsible..yet full of nirmarta, humility. I am not saying that I am, but that a person with such a high seat (who btw calls himself the 'pope' pf the Sikhs lol :@ )..there shoudl be nimarta, gurbeebi, be able to handle critique etc.

Thus it SHOULD surprise everyone that someone who is the Akal Thakhat jathedar is being so irresponsible that he's summoning people due t personal grudges.

Anyone, very valid points raised by you veer jeeo:)

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Guest PunjabSingh

I dont know what is it between Joginder Singh "Spokesman" and Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti but Ive seen "Khalistan" mentioned fearlessly in the online edition of Spokesman :

http://www.***anti-sikh website not allowed***

while other newspapers are a bit shy mentioning it .

If Joginder Singh "Spokesman " has indeed said something against Sikhism or Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji then he's bound to get punished but what if the Jathedar is attacking him for personal reasons ? grin.gif