Why Do Many Sikhs Consider Punjab Theirs?

Is Punjab for Sikhs alone?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair for the geographical territory of Khalistan to be that which is Punjab today?

• YES
    • NO

Jeez, last time I posted bad about Khalistan I got totally "pwnd" (well, not in my mind, but in everyone elses), so I want to try to explain my views rationally, but first you have to answer this question:

How will you get Khalistan?

Just be straightforward; I don't want to hear any stuff about why we need it, just how we're going to get it. I'm not saying you can't get it, I just want to know the ideas that anybody has in mind.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, last time I posted bad about Khalistan I got totally "pwnd" (well, not in my mind, but in everyone elses), so I want to try to explain my views rationally, but first you have to answer this question:

How will you get Khalistan?

Just be straightforward; I don't want to hear any stuff about why we need it, just how we're going to get it. I'm not saying you can't get it, I just want to know the ideas that anybody has in mind.

WJKK WJKF

Well we have been fighting for many years for khalistan now. But our tactics need to change. If punjab does get its independance then why must they call it khalistan. Just leave it as punjab but on its own independtant ground. Did sant jarnail singh talk about khalistan. NO. BUT he did say the rise of sikhs will come one day. So did other great sikhs.

Khalistan [punjab] will not be there yet. When singhs relise that jathabandies will not work then they will relise. There needs to be 1 and just 1 jathabandi fighting for our independence, united nations should be informed of this. And india should be quetioned for what happend in a UN court. That way there will be no trickery, and a voice will be heard. And on that day INDIA WILL BE QUTIONED ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST.

Bual chuck maaf karnee.

WJKK WJKF

I fail to understand what you wish to convey by this.Do you want to say that Sikhs will try to get Khalistan by bribing ? or you want to say that there will be bribery in Khalistan ?

....i meant there is a lot of corruption and its not only in the top chain but a every day life.

If you are in Punjab then you must be aware who is the root cause of this bribery ..the present day national(indian) level political parties ie congress,bjp,badal & company.

…. I can’t speak for anyone but the akali dal who’s command is in the hands of badal is the true akali dal

..yes badal is a corrupt man i agree there

There is no scope for such parties in a haleemi raaj under the Shri Guru Granth Sahib and Akaal Takht Sahib.

…which parties do u see fit enough to run the haleemi raaj

Jai ho,it is time to worry about your tree now.

Im now being very realistic and as long as the foundations of a tree are not very strong it’s bound to fall one day.

…very typical

Guest PunjabSingh

Hello Poll master your question is wrong or could be misunderstood .

I opted for "No" because I think Khalistan should include HP,Haryana also of prepartition not only present day Punjab .

It should be :

Should the territory of Khalistan be that of today's Punjab or more ?

Bhajanpreet,

Strategy to achieve independence changes with times.The armed struggle is at the back for the moment but the political struggle in a peaceful way is going on.

But as Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu said after his release thatr the earlier armed struggle was justified and if need be may start again if no option is left and human rights continue to be violated in Punjab.

For the movement extra judicial killings and fake encounters have decreased mainly due to international pressure.

As Sant Bhindrawale used to say :

Pehlaan asi jeneu nu azaad kerwaya hun apni pag azaad kerwauni hai

per eh odon he ho sakda jadon har ik sikh mehsoos ker laway kay asi ghulaam haan

The tragedy is not all sikhs consider themselves to be gulaam or have become used to gulaami.

In fact Sikhs are being used against sikhs.

So far as sikh leadership is concerned they only want kursi and they dont care about sikhi.

Jidan har ik sikh nay eh mehsoos ker liya kay asi gulaam haan odan khalistan da mud baj jaooga

Kalay bhajan keertan tay forums tay laikh likh k khalistan nahi ban na.

Ajay hor shaheedeyaan deniyaan payneyaan nay.

Ant penaa mul kurbaniyaan da bhanvay aj paye jaye bhanvay kal paye jaye .

das nimana

Still didn't answer my question; you said we're doing it politically, but how??? Politically is not an answer...

And totally forget the armed struggle; people say Khalistan is so that there won't be another '84... so we're going to massacre our people? Check out the new post (I'll make it in a bit) and vote; let's see how many people would even go to war for Khalistan, I'm just wondering. Really, though, a war isn't what we need; my main point has always been that we could be doing something else, other than fighting for Khalistan. If something works just as well, but doesn't have deaths, isn't that better?

Still didn't answer my question; you said we're doing it politically, but how??? Politically is not an answer...

And totally forget the armed struggle; people say Khalistan is so that there won't be another '84... so we're going to massacre our people? Check out the new post (I'll make it in a bit) and vote; let's see how many people would even go to war for Khalistan, I'm just wondering. Really, though, a war isn't what we need; my main point has always been that we could be doing something else, other than fighting for Khalistan. If something works just as well, but doesn't have deaths, isn't that better?

khalsa raaj will happen through naaam and sevaa and sacrifice and also by the hukam of akal puruk

Guest PunjabSingh

We have been trying for peaceful solution since independence in 1947 .

But if some one tries to finish our sovereignety and rule Sikhs at the point of gun then Sikhs dont sit idle and let the ruler have his way .

Im sure you know Sikh history.

Independence movements continue for generations and their form changes with times.

At present the movement is peaceful and trying to liberate of our homeland from the Indian yolk without violence.

Guest militant singh

Lets just for a second pretend that India announces that it’s going to declare Punjab a sovereign state.

……would Pakistan ever agree to let go its side of Punjab no.gif

& who would govern Khalistan.

… Right now Punjab doesn’t even have any resources to give its population 24 hour electricity supply.

…..there is virtually no industry

……and compare to other states where before Punjabis were highly educated now they come on bottom of the list

….nothing is done without giving any bribe of some sort.

…I’m being realistic as long as the foundations of a tree are not very strong it’s bound to fall one day.

it has resources for 24 hr electric OUR RIVERS hydro electirc is an option

Guest PunjabSingh

Lets just for a second pretend that India announces that it’s going to declare Punjab a sovereign state.

……would Pakistan ever agree to let go its side of Punjab no.gif

& who would govern Khalistan.

… Right now Punjab doesn’t even have any resources to give its population 24 hour electricity supply.

…..there is virtually no industry

……and compare to other states where before Punjabis were highly educated now they come on bottom of the list

….nothing is done without giving any bribe of some sort.

…I’m being realistic as long as the foundations of a tree are not very strong it’s bound to fall one day.

it has resources for 24 hr electric OUR RIVERS hydro electirc is an option

We have all the water and electricity resources.

If we stop our water and electricity from going to delhi and others we can be self sufficient in both.

People in Delhi are still facing electricity shortage despite receiving a large chunk of share from punjab's electricity from Bhakra Nangal.

In Delhi people are already buying water to drink.There is no drinking water.I was there for some months and I know it.We had to buy water daily as Delhi's underground water is not fit for drinking.

Water from Punjab is allowed to be taken to Rajasthan and Haryana,Delhi whereas Punjab itself doesnt have sufficient water for itself even at present.

The rule should be the state which comes first should fulfill it's water needs and then excess water be allowed to be sent to others .

Although Punjab is providing a large chunk of food grains for India yet it's water is being sent to the states of Rajasthan and Haryana.

If the water from Punjab continues to be sent to Rajasthan in this way then the southern districts of Punjab will become barren in the coming years.

On the other hand Haryana is building Hansi Butana canal which is an alternative to Satluj Yamuna link canal .Satluj Yamuna link canal was stopped a long time ago due to stiff resistance from farmers of Punjab.

If the Hansi Butana canal is completed it will submerge 200 villages of Patiala distt and even Patiala city.

So the plan to destroy Punjab has already begun once again.It seems GOI has not learnt any lesson from the past .

In case Punjab only were to utilize it's own resources like water and electricity it is quite sufficient.

As far as industry is concerned Im sure many NRI Sikhs and Punjabis would be more than eager to set them up in independent Punjab.

As far as Reliance and Trident is concerned both congress and badal dal are in favour of confiscating farmer's land and giving to big companies.Badal dal is saying that it is not opposed to companies like Reliance,Tata and Trident but the way farmers' land was taken from them .

Actually both badal dal and congress are in favour of big companies taking away farmers' land and in return these parties will get large sums of money from these companies.

The only party that has been opposing all this from the very beggining is Akali Dal(Amritsar).

Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu was even sent to jail on case of sedition for delivering the following speech in a village in Punjab :

http://www.shiromanikhalsadal.net/download...aljit-singh.wmv

Every sane person knows there is nothing anti national or against India in this speech.

At that time Bhai Bittu was in Shiromani Khalsa Dal and had not joined Shiromani Akali Dal(Amritsar) of Sardar Mann.

In case badal returns to power by hook or by crook he will turn Punjab into Bhaiyastaan.All important Sikh institutions will be governed directly or indirectly by RSS and BJP.Sikhism will suffer even more .

Even these days SAD(Amritsar) leaders including Bhai Bittu are not being allowed to hold meetings in Gurdwaras whereas SAD(Badal) people are free to hold meetings in them.

Akali Dal(Badal) leaders have become so much manmukhs that though they hold their meetings in Gurdwaras yet they tell their sewadars to bring food from hotels and they eat that food instead of langar .

This food sometimes includes meat,eggs,fish etc.

Badal was seen sitting on a raised platform which is for Shri Guru Granth Sahib and reading a book siting beside Guru Granth Sahib during the religious function on the occasion of 400th anniversary of Guru Arjun Dev ji's shaheedi at Tarn Taran while all others were sitting on the dias lower than Guru Granth Sahib.

Badal's wife has been going to anti Sikh thugs like bhaniaraywala and ashutosh noormahlia.

Today Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Shamsher Dullo met with Bhaniarawala to help congress get votes from bhaniarawala followers.

Both Badal and Congress are 2 sides of the same coin.

The way he has made mockery of the most important religious anniversaries and functions is now well known to everybody.

Badal and Capt Amarinder Singh(the present congress chief minister) are signatories to the declaration of Khalistan along with Sardar Mann which was sent to United Nations some years back .This declaration was made at Shri Akaal Takht Sahib.Now only Sardar Mann stands by it whereas others have forgotten it for the sake of power.

For badal and amarinder I would say what they have done is "Thuk kay chatna" .

But thank god there is one party which is looking forward to safeguard the interests of Sikhs and Punjab ie Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) which is going to start a Dharam yudh morcha to liberate our Gurdwaras from these masands from July 8th.

May God give SAD(Amritsar) the power liberate our Gurdwaras from these masands and supporters of RSS/BJP.

Prakash Chand Badal's days are numbered .

Congress can also rest in peace.

das nimana paapi