My Mum

Guest .

vahegurujeekakhalsa

vahegurujeekeefateh

veerjee, why would you become annoyed with someone who is quiet. When one is quiet it usually means that they are focusing there mind on guru sahib and do not wish to be disturbed. Also, why waste your preciuos mouth given to you by guru sahib discussing mindless matters. Why not gurmantaar jaap in your head?.. whats more worth it in the long run?

Some quotes that guru sahib tells us about talking and silence.

Guru sahib says:

ijQY bolix hwrIAY iqQY cMgI cup ]2]

Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. ||2||

rMig hsih rMig rovih cup BI kir jwih ]

In the Lord's Love, they laugh, and in the Lord's Love, they weep, and also keep silent.

prvwh nwhI iksY kyrI bwJu scy nwh ]

They do not care for anything else, except their True Husband Lord.

nwnk Awey sy prvwxu hY ijn hir vuTw iciq ]

O Nanak, approved is the birth of those, within whose consciousness the Lord abides.

gwl@I Al plwlIAw kMim n Awvih imq ]1]

Useless talk and babbling is useless, my friend. ||1||

gur siqgur ivic nwvY kI vfI vifAweI hir krqY Awip vDweI ]

Within the Guru, the True Guru, is the glorious greatness of the Name. The Creator Lord Himself has magnified it.

syvk isK siB vyiK vyiK jIvin@ En@w AMdir ihrdY BweI ]

All His servants and Sikhs live by gazing, gazing upon it. It is pleasing to their hearts deep within.

inMdk dust vifAweI vyiK n skin En@w prwieAw Blw n suKweI ]

The slanderers and evil-doers cannot see this glorious greatness; they do not appreciate the goodness of others.

ikAw hovY iks hI kI JK mwrI jw scy isau bix AweI]

What can be achieved by anyone babbling? The Guru is in love with the True Lord.

ij gl krqy BwvY sw inq inq cVY svweI sB JiK JiK mrY lokweI ]4]

That which is pleasing to the Creator Lord, increases day by day, while all the people babble uselessly. ||4||

Bull chaak maaph karnee jeee

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

vahegurujeekakhalsa

vahegurujeekeefateh

veerjee, why would you become annoyed with someone who is quiet. When one is quiet it usually means that they are focusing there mind on guru sahib and do not wish to be disturbed. Also, why waste your preciuos mouth given to you by guru sahib discussing mindless matters. Why not gurmantaar jaap in your head?.. whats more worth it in the long run?

Some quotes that guru sahib tells us about talking and silence.

Guru sahib says:

ijQY bolix hwrIAY iqQY cMgI cup ]2]

Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. ||2||

rMig hsih rMig rovih cup BI kir jwih ]

In the Lord's Love, they laugh, and in the Lord's Love, they weep, and also keep silent.

prvwh nwhI iksY kyrI bwJu scy nwh ]

They do not care for anything else, except their True Husband Lord.

nwnk Awey sy prvwxu hY ijn hir vuTw iciq ]

O Nanak, approved is the birth of those, within whose consciousness the Lord abides.

gwl@I Al plwlIAw kMim n Awvih imq ]1]

Useless talk and babbling is useless, my friend. ||1||

gur siqgur ivic nwvY kI vfI vifAweI hir krqY Awip vDweI ]

Within the Guru, the True Guru, is the glorious greatness of the Name. The Creator Lord Himself has magnified it.

syvk isK siB vyiK vyiK jIvin@ En@w AMdir ihrdY BweI ]

All His servants and Sikhs live by gazing, gazing upon it. It is pleasing to their hearts deep within.

inMdk dust vifAweI vyiK n skin En@w prwieAw Blw n suKweI ]

The slanderers and evil-doers cannot see this glorious greatness; they do not appreciate the goodness of others.

ikAw hovY iks hI kI JK mwrI jw scy isau bix AweI]

What can be achieved by anyone babbling? The Guru is in love with the True Lord.

ij gl krqy BwvY sw inq inq cVY svweI sB JiK JiK mrY lokweI ]4]

That which is pleasing to the Creator Lord, increases day by day, while all the people babble uselessly. ||4||

Bull chaak maaph karnee jeee

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Usually Khalsa ji i'm very patient and well tempered, but of late all i see on this thread is Sikh problems. I know it shouldn't affect me as much but it upsets me to see Guru ji's Sikhs going down the wrong path.

*Sighs* As for my mum being quiet it's no biggie she's a much better Sikh than me and many others i know.

Gur Fateh!

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

Also I wanted to say, that most people that do serve Langar and that are always talking, shouldnt they be doing Naam Simran when serving...... I noticed this alot, Ive heard many Bibis in the Gurdwara who While Serving Langar seem to talk about Other Bibis Suits or there sons did this, there daughters do this, & Sadly its the older generation that are doing these things, which is a biggie because the younger generations should look up to these people!! What is everyone elses view on this?

VJKK VJKF!

Thankgod my mum isn't like the bandarian in the Gurdwara who go there to gossip, backbite. And they are meant to be Singinian. I can trully say my mum is a Khalsa, she never gossips or listens to any. She's far to quiet in my opinion, but then again i make for her.

Longlive my mum!

Random i know!

calling them 'bandarian' is VERY disrespectful and VERY unsikh... u say ur mum is a Khalsa, well u should try to follow her example... ur doing exactly what they're doing at gurdwaraz... so that would make you, what, a bandar?..... no... you are a son of Guru Gobind Singh Jee... start acting like it... some people are jus misguided or naive... yes what they are doing is wrong, but calling them 'bandarian' is just WRONG.. your talking about someones mother, sister, even daughter!....

LOL... well i find bhandarian a HILARIOUS word and i use it very often in my vocabulary. Lighten up....

Fateh :@

VJKK VJKF!

Also I wanted to say, that most people that do serve Langar and that are always talking, shouldnt they be doing Naam Simran when serving...... I noticed this alot, Ive heard many Bibis in the Gurdwara who While Serving Langar seem to talk about Other Bibis Suits or there sons did this, there daughters do this, & Sadly its the older generation that are doing these things, which is a biggie because the younger generations should look up to these people!! What is everyone elses view on this?

VJKK VJKF!

Yes the solution is a thappar!

In some Gurudwara's the Giani has to make an anouncement for the women to shut up in the main Darbar. They get up and 'adjourn' into the kitchen. Ban ANYONE who's there for a chinwag i say!

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

LOOL! PAKANDI BABA I CNT REALLY SLAP THESE BIBIAA!THEY WILL START TALKING BOUT ME IN THEIR CHUGLIYAA!LOOOL!

NAA, WELL U CNT REALLY BAN A PERSON FROM GOING GURDWARA CAN YOU? ILL TRY AND GET SOMEONE WHO THEY WILL MOST LIKELY LISTEN TO TO TELL THEM!THE HEAD GYANI!!!HEHEHEHE!

THANXS 4 YA HELP!

VJKK VJKF!

Thankgod my mum isn't like the bandarian in the Gurdwara who go there to gossip, backbite. And they are meant to be Singinian. I can trully say my mum is a Khalsa, she never gossips or listens to any. She's far to quiet in my opinion, but then again i make for her.

Longlive my mum!

Random i know!

calling them 'bandarian' is VERY disrespectful and VERY unsikh... u say ur mum is a Khalsa, well u should try to follow her example... ur doing exactly what they're doing at gurdwaraz... so that would make you, what, a bandar?..... no... you are a son of Guru Gobind Singh Jee... start acting like it... some people are jus misguided or naive... yes what they are doing is wrong, but calling them 'bandarian' is just WRONG.. your talking about someones mother, sister, even daughter!....

LOL... well i find bhandarian a HILARIOUS word and i use it very often in my vocabulary. Lighten up....

Fateh :@

I'm sure you would find it HILARIOUS if sum1 called ur mother a bandaree?

Grow up people... Guru Nanak Dev Jee woulda slapped us for even saying the word Bandaria.. and yet, we're sitting here using it to describe pepoles mothers, daughters, and sisters..... absolutely dispicable..

Lord Have Mercy on Our Souls!