Amarthari?

SikhSoul

I just found out I was 12 DAYS old.

And I took FULL amrit, how many times do I have to say?

Lol. 12 days? wow. im 14 and i havent considerd it. i took chola once, hated it. Felt as if there were too many restrictions and so i broke it. Wow, im pretty darn bad. ohmy.gif

Mmhm. Dont hate me blush.gif

Fateh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhajanpreet Singh, I think you need to take amrit again.

Most likely...

1)You didn't reply the fateh.

2)You didn't understand the hukam of the Panj Piarey.

I've never heard Panj Piarey giving full amrit to such a young child...

Also, i'm pretty sure you weren't wearing your 5 kakaars for quite few years after the amrit sanchar. So that in itself is a good reason to retake the amrit.

I would ask you to consult your mother once again. You most likey took choola like many parents get their young children or babies to take.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

post-5391-1150437335.jpg

Bhajanpreet Singh, I think you need to take amrit again.

Most likely...

1)You didn't reply the fateh.

2)You didn't understand the hukam of the Panj Piarey.

I've never heard Panj Piarey giving full amrit to such a young child...

Also, i'm pretty sure you weren't wearing your 5 kakaars for quite few years after the amrit sanchar. So that in itself is a good reason to retake the amrit.

I would ask you to consult your mother once again. You most likey took choola like many parents get their young children or babies to take.

You didnt get full Amrit. You got a blessing fromthe Amrit but you didnt actually have Amrit.

When I was blessed with Amrit this past Viasakhi 2006 there was two young girls that also did. One was 8 and the other was 3 years old. The 8 yr old was able to take the full Amrit:5 handfulls,5sprinkles in the eyes, 5 handfulls in the hair, she said Gurfateh after each blessings and recited the mool mantar with us as new GurSikhs. The 3yr old got 1 handful,1 in the eyes, 1 in the hair and couldnt say Gurfateh or the mool mantar but she was blessed with it because this is close enough to help her on her path till the end. Any time she might mess up she will remember that when she was young she had a blessing from the Amrit Bata. Then when shes older she can take the full Amrit.

Bhajanpreet Singh after taking this blessing you as someone said earlier you didnt say Gurfateh 15 times or mool mantar 5 times. And after taking Amrit you promise to read Panj Banis and more 5 times a day with out fail and the first at Amritvela or you are void/apostate. You werent even able to talk might as well have recited bani or even listen/understand bani. If any Sikhs here have taken Amrit and dont recite JapJi,Jap Sahib,Tav Prasad, Benti Chaupai followed by the full Anand Sahib at AmritVela,at evening recite So Dar/Reharaas followed by Anand Sahib, and "Sohila" before bed then you have voided your Amrit vows to the Panj Pyare.

So yes you have had a blessing with Amrit but you havent had the full Amrit with vowing to recite banis as your daily routine/NitNem, giving your head to the Guru and sharing 10% of your earnings with the Sangat.

So once you can do all this without fail then you should take Amrit for the first time. The first question they ask about 20 times is "Do you have on you the 5Ks" and the second " Are you here on your own freewill/Are you compeled to be here on your own/Did anyone make you do this." And as a baby you didnt go on your own, your mom was holding you so it wasnt fully up to you.

They didnt make a separate ceremony for you and allowed you to take the Khanda blessing. If they did a special one just for you then it would be Pahul di Kirpan which is the same but theres only one Singh and he stirs it in with a Kirpan{like prashad} instead of a Khanda, and you wouldnt have to recite Gurfateh, mool mantar etc. because you were just getting a blessing and not taking Amrit.

Conclusion: You didnt take full Amrit as a baby you wouldnt even be able to swallow 5 handfulls of Amrit{ and it has to be two hands together full of Amrit without spilling any } 5 handfulls sprinkled in your eyes would make a baby cry. Not to say your not able to take Amrit because you should go and be a part of the next Pahul di Khanda/Amrit cermony and be fully initiated into the Khalsa by what the Panj Pyare perscribe to you. I hope you do at the next Pahul pray.gif May Waheguru bless you with the strength to succeed to be able to keep the vows that you promise. Again Bless you child for what you have been already blessed with.post-5391-1150437357.jpg

SatNam

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

I took amrit in Toronto on June 30th, 1990, end of story. Maybe, like I said, it's not always a good thing for kids so young to take amrit because they can't really do everything they're supposed to to follow Sikhism, but I took all 5 handfuls. My mom knows what it means to take full amrit, and she says I took full amrit, that's why she feels so blessed by it; if it wasn't full, I don't think she woul be as much.

I guess I'll ask my mom exactly what happened.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

VERY INTRESTING!! SHOULD YOU BE TELLIN PEOPLE ABOUT A AMRITH SANCHAR! ITS SUPOSED 2 BE GUPT ISNT IT, WHATEVER HAPPENS IS BETWEEN U AND UR PANJ PYAREYY! ISNT IT??

VJKK VJKF!

Amrit_Sanchar.jpg

No offence but what on earth are these Panj Pyarey wearing?

Gold retro 70's outfits? Our colours for Sikhs are Saffron and Blue for crying out loud!!!!! Not Gold.

Saffron to remind us of our spiritual side. - The Saint

Blue to remind us of our temporal. - The Warrior

Not Funky gold colours, that would be more at home in a 70's Roller disco. LOL.gif

No offence intended against the Panj Pyarey....do people honestly think our Panj Pyarey wore Gold outfits.

Sorry to go off on one.

Randip Singh Ji are you amritdhari ?

If not then what gives you the right to harp on from the side lines as to what the panj piyaray wear or not.

If you yourself are not part of the Khalsa then what right have you got to critisize?

First walk the walk.......................... and then talk

Randip Singh, watch yourself, you're disrespecting the punj pyare, yellow/saffron is still a khalsa color, how do you know someone didn't edit that image in fireworks or something to make it look more shinier, that was a very rude thing to say about the punj, they are Guru Roop, and Guru Sahib gave them the status of Guru, so if I were you I wouldn't be doing their nindya.

You got no right to say what they wear is right or wrong, they made a decision as punj, so just read what you write before you press 'Add Reply'.

post-12-1150461901.jpg

VJKK VJKF!

VERY INTRESTING!! SHOULD YOU BE TELLIN PEOPLE ABOUT A AMRITH SANCHAR! ITS SUPOSED 2 BE GUPT ISNT IT, WHATEVER HAPPENS IS BETWEEN U AND UR PANJ PYAREYY! ISNT IT??

VJKK VJKF!

I don't really know, I'm was just trying to find out about whether or not people think I should take amrit again, and the question got a bit off topic, I guess. Is that true? We're not supposed to talk about what happens? Why?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Amrit is not a secret thing as like you die if you share with someone how it works so people arent all scared to think what goes on in the room. The 1st Pyares only secretly got dressed in Guru Roop and took Amrit in front of 10,ooo+ people so that was definitely showing the Sikhs in the crowd of what happens and what will happen in the future.

Bhajanpreet I doubt you were able to stick your hands out like when you get prashad and not spill the Amrit and drink from your own hands and after each handful say Gurfateh each time. I dont think at 12 days old you could recite mool mantar unless you are the "Chosen One."

Randip Singh you disrespect the Guru in the form of the Panj Pyare your tongue should be removed, so you should use your tongue more wisely. Guru Gobind Singhs Hukam was " Anyone who slanders the Guru should be slayed with Sri Bhaguati."

Khãlsã thats cool how you munipulated that picture to make it more red. You must have a good cpu with updated programs for editing,and you must have some good computer exp.

This thread is not off topic because were talking or Amrit and Amritdharis. You might not like it but its still on course with land ahoy.