The Young Tibetan Buddhist Who Came To Baru Sahib

Interview with Tenpa Yung Drung

TENPABUDDHISTMONK.jpg

When did you come to Baru Sahib?

I came here at Akal Academy on 17th May 2006 joining Class XI-D. I was previously at the Centre School for Tibetans, Dholanji, Solan.

Where do you come from?

I come from the Himalayan region - on the border of Tibet and Nepal. I was staying at the Menri Monastery, Solan District for the past thirteen years.

What about your family Tenpa?

My father is alive but my mother passed away. I have one younger brother who is staying at home and tries to do farming. One younger brother and younger sister are also staying in Menri Monastery, Solan.

What are your hobbies Tenpa?

I like table tennis, listening to music.

W

hat would you like to do later?

I would like to become a Chartered Accountant and then I want to go back and serve in Menri Monastery.

Where did the inspiration to come to Baru Sahib come from?

My Guru - His Honorable 33 rd Bonism and Menni Trizin Rinpoche. He is now in the USA for two months to tell people about our teachings.

(Bonism existed before Buddhism. It was taken over by Buddhism but some of its beliefs and rituals have been taken up in regions like Tibet along with Buddhism)

What was his thinking in sending you to Baru Sahib?

He told me that here the education and discipline are very good. By living here, you will not go on the wrong track. As a result of the education which you will get from here, you will become a good human being all your life.

How do you find the school and the children?

I am very much fascinated by the methodology of the teachers and there is a lot of love from the students. They are all very much cooperative.

How do you feel in Darbar Sahib, because of the first time in visiting a Sikh holy place? Is that right?

I can read paath in Hindi but not in Punjabi. Eventually I will learn it properly. I feel very calm in Darbar Sahib.

what is his native language is?? lol... i'm at it again. Anyways, this is very good example of how sikhi could spread and what type of people can join sikhi, even if it's not to convert, it's a good way to spread awareness. Now we just need to create resources for the masses.

grin.gif

what is his native language is?? lol... i'm at it again. Anyways, this is very good example of how sikhi could spread and what type of people can join sikhi, even if it's not to convert, it's a good way to spread awareness. Now we just need to create resources for the masses.

grin.gif

his native language is Tibetan, but he can speak in hindi and english too .. he do path in hindi

whts baru sahib??? :@

Hey dont u know bout baru sahib .. :) @ Baru Sahib is basicly a gurudwara sahib At sohlan which come under kalgidhar society.. having so many branches they also have a very famous dhadi jatha Akal accademy Intrtnational dhadi jatha .... i think this site will help you its thier official site

http://www.kalgidharsociety.org/

whts baru sahib??? :@

Hey dont u know bout baru sahib .. :) @ Baru Sahib is basicly a gurudwara sahib At sohlan which come under kalgidhar society.. having so many branches they also have a very famous dhadi jatha Akal accademy Intrtnational dhadi jatha .... i think this site will help you its thier official site

http://www.kalgidharsociety.org/

thx bro!! :T:

Akal Academy Baru Sahib school is run by the Kalgidhar Society based at Baru Sahib, in the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. Kalgidhar Society is a Sikh Institution. This particular school is closely related to the famous Baru Sahib Gurdwara.

However, among many other things, the Kalgidhar Society also operates a number of other similar (Sikh) Schools. These schools impart education to 10 + 2 level, to prepare students to the University Entrance Level.. Level ‘10 + 2’ is similar to ‘grade 12’ education in USA and Canada.

Website of Baru Sahib Academy.

http://www.kalgidharsociety.org//education..._baru-sahib.htm

List of Sikh Schools at other places run by the Kalgidhar Society .

http://www.kalgidharsociety.org//education/index.asp

We spent few days (i think two) at Baru Sahib long time ago (10+years ago) and till today i never seen kids (around 100 or something) doing Nitnem bani early in the morning (real early) and whole diwan was under kids control and that was just amazing sight.

I also remember the small hospital room with some nurse.. cauz i got sick later on.. oh geezz tongue.gif The private road was really bumpy but i guess they probably improved it since its been 10 years from my visit. If you are in india and got time to kill.. visit this place :@