An Islamic Country Allows Kirpan

Just yesterday on my visit to a Gurdwara in Dubai, I found out that the Government of the United Arab Emirates has made a provision for Sikhs to carry the kirpan. I am attaching a scanned version of an identity card a Singh gave me yesterday. Now I am not really sure how much authority such a card has here, but it has the authorization from the Consulate General of India in Dubai, and this ID card is given free to all who take Amrit over here. The date says October 27, 1986. The matter is written out in Arabic as well for Arab policemen to read it, in case they pull over a Singh wearing the kirpan. However, the kirpan is worn under the clothes and kept concealed. Nonetheless, there is a law that allows it. I was wondering, if Islamic countries like this one can make such provisions, why don’t western countries take such a step like issuing ID cards?

kirpan%20license.jpg

Guest Bass Singh

νנкк νנкf

тнαт ιѕ gσσ∂ тнαт тнєяє ιѕ ѕσмєтнιиg ℓιкє тнαт тσ ѕнσω ρσℓι¢є, ιf тнєу ∂ι∂ тнαт ιи ѕσмє ωєѕтєяи ¢συитяιєѕ ιт ωσυℓ∂ вє ωι¢кє∂ αи∂ ωσυℓ∂ит ¢αυѕє нαѕѕℓє!

νנкк νנкf

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I wear mine over my clothes everywhere I go it just cant be 7 inches or longer. meaning {not that it would happen} but if someone was stabbed it wouldnt go through their body and stick out 5 inches out the backside of them/ it wouldnt kill someone with one stick like an army machette

Why do people think in the U.S you cant wear a Kirpan?

If they dont its because theyre scared to wear it, but not that you cant.California law just says it has to be a certain length.

post-5391-1150555359.jpg

Singho if you didn't know the school i goto have a racist prinicipal, he is a christian fundamentalist. H e asked me this year to take of my kirpan i told staright farward i said "NOO". He said i give one week i dont want to see taht turban and that knife.(I was about to say PRINCIPAL JEE U CAN HAVE ALL UR LIFE AND U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TOUCH MY KIRPAN then i didn't say anything. i gave some respect cuz he was older). after one week i knew school will be over then now i am ome with my kirpan. But next year i am sure he will start this again but next i will not tolerate it, next year i will say to his face. I fthis problem occurs singho who will i contact in th usa to fight the case?

Looks like a good idea and would save a lot of hassle. In the UK we are lucky that Amritdharis can wear the Siri Sahib on top of their clothes.

That guy sounds to me like an <banned word filter activated> who think he can rule the world with his religion. I know a bunch of guys like that guy.

I wear mine over my clothes everywhere I go it just cant be 7 inches or longer. meaning {not that it would happen} but if someone was stabbed it wouldnt go through their body and stick out 5 inches out the backside of them/ it wouldnt kill someone with one stick like an army machette

If they dont its because theyre scared to wear it, but not that you cant.California law just says it has to be a certain length.

That's true, and underneath I think it's somethingl like 3 inches. Still, I think by having the card it would be easier; there have been many cases of Sikhs being harrassed by police that don't even know the laws...

That's true, and underneath I think it's somethingl like 3 inches. Still, I think by having the card it would be easier; there have been many cases of Sikhs being harrassed by police that don't even know the laws...

Yeah I heard of a GurSikh in Stockton{ 20 min away} who was getting medicine at the Drug store and a lady was all scared and called the cops saying there was a man with a knife{ like if he was holding the store up} and the cops threw him down to the ground to take his kirpan away and knocked his turban off while doing this. I feel the cops are stupid because the Stockton Diwan Khalsa society built the 1st Gurdwara in the US in Stockton in the early 1900s so its not like Sikhs are a new thing here and the cops should be more educated anywhere might as well in Stockton. If they can protect society from Sikhs then why cant they protect Sikhs aginst society.

Also dont wear a "buissness man" turban because it easily can be knocked off so tye a dumalla or a Nihang turban as long as it round {warrior turban} because in war you couldnt worry about your turban falling off from wrestling or having someone able to rip it off easily. I tell people to tie a round turban because the british tricked Sikhs into wearing a non-warrior type turban to mess us up, and so far its working, people quit being warriors, and most cut there hair and let their dad or their grand-dad be a Sikh for them.

post-5391-1150592242_thumb.jpg

Whats the length of the kirpan that I can wear in US

I want to know both the length of the knife and complete kirpan..

3 inches but mine is 4 inches and the handle doesnt matter and if it was long it would be pointless and bulky, but no cops check and plus we are respectful and dont abuse the right to wear the Kirpan.

post-5391-1150599101.jpg