When Will Sikhs In Punjab Learn ?

Guest PunjabSingh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I am sure that every Sikh in Punjab who has a genuine concern for Sikhi knows exactly what is going on in the Punjab. Sikhs in India are not blind, but they are also not stupid. They know what time is passing over the Panth and know that what is really needed is parchar of Sikhi and re-association of the Sikhs to Sikhi. We can blame Badal all we want, but he is just a manifestation of the problem of the Panth as a whole. If he goes...so what? Another can come in and take his place. Rather, it is time to start to focus inwards to the Panth and seeing what is the problem inside. Solve that and Badal will disappear.

What is Badal after all? It is the people who are electing him in right? For God Sakes, Sikhs are voting him in!! Reason: Corruption in the hearts of the common person. Thought process is something like, "Well, Badal can get my kid into college or settle my legal issues or etc., so I will vote him in". Hence the need of Sikhi parchar...so that they can get over this problem of Badal dependence. The problem, Sangat Ji, is what is happening to the people in the Panth, not Badal. He is a mere figurehead of that problem, someone to assign blame (though not exactly wrong to do so...he is responsible for his actions too). But he is there because the people keep him there.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Narinder Singh
I am sure that every Sikh in Punjab who has a genuine concern for Sikhi knows exactly what is going on in the Punjab. Sikhs in India are not blind, but they are also not stupid.

What is Badal after all? It is the people who are electing him in right? For God Sakes, Sikhs are voting him in!!

Arent Sikhs in Punjab stupid then?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Stupid? No, The real Sikhs are smart enough to know that brute force and armed conflict is not going to work if there is no backing from the public.

When the British took over China, there was a similar attempt to throw out the British from their country. It failed (read Boxer Rebellion). What did work was the continuous reawakening of the Chinese spirit by one Dr. Sun Yat Sen. His continuous parchar was what started the Chinese rebellion and eventual achievement of soverignity (though through Communist means).

Same with the American Civil Rights movement. The ideal was implanted into the African Americans, who carried on that dream of equality and made it reality, regardless of whether key civil rights leaders were eliminated. They were not dependent on the personalities, but rather than the ideals that those personalities that embodied those ideals.

Sangat Ji, parchar is needed. If the common person does not have the spirit of Sikhi, then how is it worth carving out a nation for them based on principles that they do not adhere to? It is when the common person believes firmly in the ideal more than their own life that revolution takes place. Sad to say, but I doubt that the common person who looks like a Sikh is guaranteed to be a strict adherent of the faith. You do not have to go to the Punjab to see that, there is plenty of that overseas too.

Ideals cannot be killed, people can. If the ideal is awakened in the public, then your cause is immortal. If you rely on people rather than the ideal itself, then you are relying on mortality and you will fail. There is great forsight in Gurbani being the Guru. It is the ideal, therefore immortal. It has the power to live through humans, but is not dependent on their mortality.

Nobody's stupid...just need to figure out how to plant that ideal. This is the cross-roads that Sikhi is at, both in the Punjab and abroad. Figure that out, and the world is yours.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Nobody's stupid...just need to figure out how to plant that ideal. This is the cross-roads that Sikhi is at, both in the Punjab and abroad. Figure that out, and the world is yours.

Hey thats not true because :@: :D

Dear 'Babbar Khalistani' :T: , Dear Das Nimana,

Both of you have not replied the points in my previous posts. It is because you have no answers. First of all, address my points. Beating about the bush does not work in a 'Discussion'. It is a discussion forum. It is not that you continue to say what you want, and do not reply to the points given against your views.

It is the people of Punjab, who elect their leader, not other people living out of Punjab. It is the Sikh people of Punjab who elect their leaders for the SGPC, the lagislative assembly and the parliament. Sikhs abroad have nothing to do with it. It is absolutely internal matter of Sikhs living in Punjab.

One says, 'Sikhs in Punjab are blind'. Then he wants people believe that he is not slandering Sikhs in Punjab. Okay, if you think so, let the readers decide if you are slandering or not. As a Sikh living in Punjab, I know it does not matter at all if a few 'faceless internet warriors' criticize Sikhs in Punjab.

I think only one example is enough to prove that people like 'Das Nimana' make false statements. He says 'Dalit rally' by Badal was 'flop', but fact is there in newspapers: http://www.ajitjalandhar.com/20060724/main2.htm#k4 :T: We still need to guess who 'Das Nimana' is?

Go to http://www.eci.gov.in/, and try to understand why Badal's party could not come in power. Also see how many votes Simranjit Singh Maan's party got. Congress got 35.81%, Badal's party got 31.08% and Maan's party got 4.65% of votes polled. Now any one can see that if Maan's party had not there, and votes polled in his favour were polled in Badal's party favour, Badal would have been the present CM of Punjab. One can understand that Maan's party helped the Congress come in the power. If you still think us blind, it is okay.

Even the BSP, which is considered a 'Dalit' party got more votes than Maan's party. :T: Now say that 'Dalits' of Punjab are blind. :T:

Sikhs living in Punjab can SEE who is helping whom. (Check data of last elections). People living in Punjab can SEE that voting for Maan's party means helping the Congress.

The facts in my previous posts are still unanswered. They are unanswered, because they are the facts.

Long live Sikhs in Punjab,

Regards,

Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Have you guys read the reply of MS514?? his reply has the solution if ppls from punjab for it..

There are three type of ppls:

1) First type of ppls will whine and whine about the problems in our kaum and will do their best to find the MURGA to put blame of all problems on him/her.

2) Party/organization EGO: They will do GOOD stuff (Which is nice) but not for the panth but for their party or for their own purpose/name. These type of ppls are better than number 1 but still they usually ends in short period.

3) People who works only for the community by compromising their goals/work/plan. They works in united way instead of boosting their own plans/rules. They work for the long term goal not for the short term goal or to achieve one term election.

Regarding the politics of punjab; i have few words to add... To keep the badal out of chair (complete), maan and other panthic group should make a contract of joining hands with Amrinder singh (at least he is way better than Badal and got the water rights back to punjab). One has to compromise its own grop ideals to get the favorable result for the PUBLIC.

Besides that i agree with ms514 reply !

I am a sikh of punjab. I am proud of it. So far as Punjab's politics is concerned, sikhs living outside of India have nothing to do with it. Punjab politics belongs to people of Punjab.

Weither someone likes or not, Parkash singh badal is the biggest sikh leader. no other leader has such number of suppoters. it is fact. it is up to us if we like this or not, but this is true.

Every point by amrit bha ji is accepted. well done bha ji. we are not blind. we know what game these people are playing. they just hate us because we are now prime minister. they hate us because we are now army chief.

who should be the next cm of punjab? this question is for people of punjab, not for people living outside india. we are proud to be sikhs. we are proud to be punjabi sikhs.

well done amrit bha ji. anti-punjabi-sikh people have no answer to your points. they can use bad language against you. but no problem. it proved that they know nothing about sikh principles.

I am a sikh of punjab. I am proud of it. So far as Punjab's politics is concerned, sikhs living outside of India have nothing to do with it. Punjab politics belongs to Sikhs of Punjab.

Sorry, don't agree with that part. So if I am from Punjab, but live in USA, I shouldn't care what is going on over there? Why don't you want our support? It it because we are too far away? Your HOME will always be your HOME. I left Punjab when I was young, but it is still my home. Remember, go east, go west, Punjab is still the BEST!

punjab is only for those who live in punjab. full stop.

we do not need your help. instead you need help from us. do you think we ask you to send pracharak to punjab. it is YOU who want granthis and ragis from punjab.

if you can help us, then do stop anti-punjabi-sikh people.

SIKHS OF PUNJAB ZINDABAD

punjab is only for those who live in punjab. full stop.

we do not need your help. instead you need help from us. do you think we ask you to send pracharak to punjab. it is YOU who want granthis and ragis from punjab.

if you can help us, then do stop anti-punjabi-sikh people.

SIKHS OF PUNJAB ZINDABAD

Thanks for slamming the door on your own kind! Punjab is not a steel fortress with ONE DOOR. We all have DOORS IN that we can choose to open whenever we want. Who are you? You don't represent all the sikhs of Punjab, anyway.

NO! SIKHS ALL OVER THE EARTH ZINDABAD!