Independent Panthic Membership Block For The Park Avenue & Havlock Road Gurdwaras

Point Taken, but I dont think Malhi will be standing.

I think we should all become members, so we at least have the option of having a say.

Sohi has been around for yonks and claims that the gurdwara is his and no one an throw him out. We definately dont need people like him.

I would rather have anyone than him. We cant let people like him keep making a fool of sikhi. Him and his party are bunch of idiots.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadh Sangat Jeo

I've been reading through all the reply's and Ive heard iit all before "there all corrupt" but I have to say that not giving the chance for change is the real corpution. I ask with all the DECEIT, LIES and VIOLENCE dont we deierve the opertunity for change.

I say any body serious about doing some thing for the sungat in southall should sign up and vote.

Memebership Open until 6th August!!

SRI GURU SINGH SABHA – Southall – Appeal to the Sikh Community

TRAIL of DECEIT, LIES and VIOLENCE

Betrayal of Sikh values and Robbery of SIKH assets.

Membership Now Open: 10am to 1pm

4pm to 8pm

Venue: Park Avenue Gurdwara, Southall, Middx.

ID needed:

1 with photo

e.g Passport, Driving Licence or

2004 Gurdwara card or a photo signed by doctor , bank manager,etc.

+ one proof of address

e.g recent letter, bank statement, bill (not mobile)

The most important thing at this moment is that the maximum number of youth become members of this Gurdwara. The closing date for membership is 6th August which is this Sunday. If as Jagtar Singh Khalsa said the youth can get 1000 members then this is enough to gain a leverage in the Gurdwara. Either a youth committee allied with members who are not tainted or corrupt. Both sets of committee Sohi and Malhi are corrupt. You only need to chat to the youth to realise that. Malhi owns a nightclub and he wants to be a Pardhan of the Gurdwara! Nowadays because the Panth has been so lax over many years the fact that a Sharabi kababi wants to run the Gurdwara has no shock value. It is becoming an everyday occurrance. The dream of the youth is a Gurdwara that caters to their needs, which supports rather than hinders their ideas for parchar. How many times have we heard the youth complain that they approached the Gurdwara for some support and they came away disappointed. It is in the nature of youth that they are enthuastic about what they want to do for the Panth. After interaction with a Gurdwara the youth invariably come away cynical and deflated. The Panth needs the youth today as they are the future of Sikhi. For too long the youth have sat back and allowed those who could not run a market stall to run the biggest resource of the Panth outside India.

The urgent need for those members who live in the boroughs of Ealing, Hounslow, Hillingdon and Harrow is to become members. Between the close of membership and the election there will be time to get a committe of youth together or allied with others standing. The ideal would be a youth committee made up of professional youth who would run the Gurdwara in a modern manner.

When the choice before the Panth today on who will run the biggest Gurughar outside India is between someone who owns off licences and someone who runs a nightclub surely Maharaj will bring forth some youth who will clear this Gurdwara of these corrupt Mahants!

To those reading this post I say, if you value the asthan where Maharaj will give Parkash and take Sukhasan each day then make sure you become members. Get your families to become members as well as your friends. I myself have already convinced 10 members of my family, my neices my nephews, brothers and sisters to become members. With freinds it will probably come to 20 members. That's 2% of what we need. If only another 49 of the youth can come forward and make this effort then we will have the power to decide who becomes a part of the committee. If we get more than that then we could even have a committee made of the youth running the Gurdwara. To those Bhajis and Bhenjis who made the trips to stop the beadbi of Maharaj when sharabi kababis were taking our beloved Maharaj to clubs and pubs then now is the time to make another effort to stop the Sharabi Kababis who run the Gurdwaras. Imagine a Gurdwara run by the youth that will support the youth in everything they want to do. The R4G campaign, Gurmat classes, Sikh schools and much more. It is hard to imagine that a sea change can take place in the Panth. We have been too lax in the past and allowed these types of Mahants to run the Gurdwaras. When these Mahants then start fights in the Gurdwaras to keep their pardhangis intact we then start to complain. We complain about the Sikhs in Punjab and say why are they not throwing out the corrupt Badals out of power but aren't we also the same. Could not the same people of Punjab say back to us why have you kept the Sharabi Kababis in power in your Gurdwaras?

There is a grassroots movement of the youth at the moment which is trying to make as many of the youth as possible to become members. Be a part of that movement and become members.

If you agree with what I have written then make as many people as possible members. Email it to your friends. It's time for a change!!

Very interesting post sangat Ji.

Just been going though it, in fact, I became a member today (and have done ever since I was 18 an eligible to vote). In fact, the arguments I hear are too often "brush under the carpet issues," they are corrupt!

I know it's pretty demoralising, but let's face it there needs to be change. Everytime theres an election or AGM you always hear of a fight outside Park Ave. The stupidest thing I heard was a "havan" at Park Ave (car park). Now, I hear all the constructive arguements regarding the opposition as well. It's too late for a Youth Council although I think a YOUTH COUNCIL would be the best, what is needed is a PARTY/TEAM. None of this I am the President nonsense - THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT RUN THE GURDWARA - Its the whole team (or party or whatever you want to call it). I do feel, with Singh Sabha its got to a stage of THIS IS MY TERRITORY - Noone wants to back down or let go - EVEN FOR THE GOOD OF THE SIKH NATION. The craziest thing Singh Sabha could do SO much.

Whoever, posted about becoming active members was DEAD RIGHT - The youth need to take an active stand. I appreciate there are some issues but a team of 20 strong youth, would definetly clean the place up, and actually provide something back, lets face it, its all great making a beautful Guru Ghar but its EMPTY 24-7.

Now Facts:

- The biggest crack/cocaine users in Southall - SIKHS

- The biggest suppliers - SIKHS

This is a real shame, there are so many projects that need to be dealt with - yet I think we need to clean up the Gurdwara first! Sorry if Ive gone a bit off topic (you get my drift)....

PS i also hear (a rumour I dont know?!) that they are trying to make Singh sabha a PLC i.e. Shareholders (party) will own the Gurdwara

SikhSpeak

I'm glad that you've become a member and have been a member since you were 18. The main problem is that not all the youth are as active as you are. Even if 25% of our youth in Southall were like you then we would never had got to a stage like this where the choice is between two corrupt people to run the Gurdwara. A youth committee is possible but only if enough of the youth become members. Between the end of membership and the election is about two months. Within this period it is possible to hold a meeting with all the youth who have become members and then select a committee from the youth. There is a movement at the moment to get this done. I am spreading the word to all the youth that I know. Even contacted friends in East London who have contacts in West London for them to urge them to become members. Only a concerted effort can save our Gurdwara from these Mahants. I would not be at all surprised if they tried to turn the Gurdwara in a PLC. These are the same people who in 1996 rejected the Akal Takht Jathedar Bhai Ranjit Singh's hukumnama to get rid of their pubs and clubs if they want to run a Gurdwara.

Proactive,

Gurfateh Ji! It's an important and great initiative, keep it up! I know that the state in Southall of our Gurdware has only detiorated, after all we have about a million in the space of 5 miles (why? I think its down to ousting certains people and egos etc.)

BUT SERIOUSLY a meeting is very important, I may cover the election in SikhSpeak Magazine - So keep me posted....

I know the latest is that SS has got the go ahead for a primary school - GREAT! But what about all the other mess...it's almost like they washing their hands of certain things! GET YOUTH OF THE STREETS FIRST AND INTO THE GURDWARAS!

Editor@SikhSpeak.Com

SikhSpeak.Com

Subscribe@SikhSpeak.Com

Guru Fateh

I been wathing very closely the opposition and current party.

Important Points to Be Noted.

1. Sohi owens three pubs, These are in Hayes, Uxbridge and Virginia Water His Son, Brother, Brother in Law and his all family owns Pubs and other off Licence shops selling alchocal and tabocco in Hounslow and Southall.

On the other hand Malhi owns Monsoon Club in southall {His Brother Baljit owns the Club as far as i have the info} Malhi owns the windows business G & B Windows.

2. Malhi is not standing in the election for Sure but he is supporting the opposition party. After the Sohi group attacked inoccent people distributiong the leaflets outside the park avenue gurdwara asking for Gurdwara Sahib Accounts which he refuse to give.

3. In the Sohi Group there are 21 members. out of this more than ten members are his close relatives. Hence due to majority votes committe cant make any majority decision to change the president.

4. Why are they are changing gurdwara to a plc shareholding company? Which sangat stop them doing this.

5. Why are the againgst young sikhs by stopping them doing kirtan and gurmat camp from the gurdwara and the new school which they recently bought.

Finally all I can say is that: No Party should be controlled by one person. You should wake up and be responsible and put right people at right places.

Stop complaning and whinging and play your role in gursikhi world of Guru Gobind Singh Family.

Guru Fateh