"rakhree"

raj001

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

this morning i woke up, went down to the kitchen for a glass of water .... lo and behold i see a big plate with a fancy kapra on top, i lifted the kapra and i saw "milk cake" and rakhrian", i just started laffing my head off b/c i noe my mom went thru all the trouble early in tha morn and i'm jus gonna end up refusing to put it on my bros. i noe that today all hell will be raised in my house (lol). the thing is just last year i realized what rakhri was about and then i asked a gursikh whether it''s rite or not, and he said no and explained to me why, and it totally makes sense...my bros couldnt care less and they dont think we shud do it either but muh rents have a heart attack -especially my mom (how ironic)...now thas not the worst part, wait till all my cuzins start calling me up, when i tried to explain it to them last year they were laffing at me, but do i care? no! nonono.gif i'm laffing at them cuz they're so lost....so this year imma tell them to give the money to the gurdwara and just do paat for me and i'll do paat for them in return, something that WILL LAST FOREVER...i noe this is gonna end up in my relatives doin chuglian gossi.gif and sh.. "___my name____ nay tha gharon mor tha munday nu" HAHAHAHAH man w/v, last year wen they came to muh house i told them all of the things that were wrong with it and they were like "but guru nanak dev ji got it done too", so i was saying all this stuff about how sikhi was new then and after all of our principles had been established, guru gobind singh ji never did it....so i pretty much BS'd alotta things to cover that up but does anybody noe a good way to explain that to them this year, cuz i noe its gon come up...

lol at above penji..

i took the more peaceful route and just did it to shut everyone up.

gave £20 to sis and then took off the rakhri.. then later my bro notices..it had a OM sign on it LOL :)

Challo.. Guru Ji said

"nwnk qgu n quteI jy qig hovY joru ]2]

O Nanak, the thread would not break, if it had any real strength. ||2|

I ent gona depend my life or even a day on a lil peice of thread.. if it had some power it wont break! Guru Ji said it straight (look above if you aren't blind). Was a little moment in the year where me and my sistaer aren't at eachother's throats.. lol o the joy of family life eh..well until i anoyed her 2 seconds after the rakhri tying..lol

anyways.. she seemed upset that I took it off.. i goes so what? a string shows how much i love you?! wacko.gif

GOSH! that when it goes too far..

Some people disagree with me.. saying i shouldnt have tied it in the 1st place.. but trust me after all we've been through this wasnt gna help lol..

Guest militant singh

Im agianst rakhri as its agianst My Guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib -- its Bipran Ki Reet end of Sikhs shouldnt follow the Hindus way Blind Sikhs 2day tied rakhris 2 Nishan Sahibs at Park ave and Hvaelcok Gurdwaras What really ticked me off was Stupid Girls and women Tieing these silly stirngs with hindus signs and pics of hindu gods 2 the palkis at park ave and havelock gurdwaras YEs the palkis!!!!!!!!!!! In front of Guru JI when Guru ji has ordered his sikhs not 2 do stupid stuff like this These pathetic women tie them in our Gurus darbar while hypocirte gyanis wear them and watch .....The naujawan singhs at the Gurdwara in fornt of evry1 took of the rakhris by cutting them no1 else stood up all jus sit like cats and why tie them 2 nishan sahibs it aint an idol we aint supposed 2 go around it 8 or hw ever many times these blind people do we salute it by putting 2 hands 2gether not start going around it as if we gna get married lol anyway back 2 rakhri fing yh why put them on our symbol of raaj the nishan sahib 2 me those stirngs tied on 2 our symbol of raj are shackles of slavery hw much more are the Hindus gna infulence Sikhs ,hw we supposed 2 get freedom when in our own places or worship we have these anti gurmat things going on and our own so called sikhs doing them ............................THIS IS BEADBI OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB rakhria with lil statue type models on them where on the palkis and nishan sahibs along with om symbols and gyanis sit der some with sum without rakhris ......on days like this we find out who follows bipran ki reet and who doesnt shame on the so called gursikh amirtdharis who wear these strings ...these strings ysymbolise weakness in females that we should protect them ...we in sikhi are equal womean aint our slaves they r same as us 1 under guru ....string wont help u and protect u onlt the Guru will thourgh the kirpan and naam a kara can give u much better protection then thses stupid strings ...2 the girls who take this rakhi stuff serious u eaitehr follow the bamans way or Gurus u choose fateh

THE NEW KHALSA REVIVAL BY THE NEW GENERATION, SHALL ERADICATE ALL RITUALS HINDU/MULSIM/USELESS AND WILL FALL UNDER THE BANNER OF 'AKAL PURAKH DI FAUJ' AS INSTRUCTED BY GURU JI!!

BOLE SO NIHAL SAT SRI AKAL 2 the Cats who say Guru Nanak wore a rakhri THATS A LIE HE never wore a jino let alone a rakhri the pic of him with a rakhri was made in 1933 by hindu group maybe RSS so 2 the sikhs who use that and wear rakhris ITS ALL LIES FAKE USLESS STUFF wake up WE THE NEW GENERATION R AWAKE THE OLDER GENEARTION HAVE FAILED US WE HAVE SEEN THE LITE 4RM GURU JI AND WIL NOT TOLERATE RAKHRIS IN GURUS HAZOORI OR IN GURU GHARS DO WHAT U LIKE AT HOME BE A BAMAN I DNT CARE U CHOOSE BUT DNT CALL UR SLEF SIKH IF U WEAR THESE

is it rakhee or rakriaa wala day wacko.gif okay doesnt matter how i spelt it, thing is, is it sikhism? or hinduism? and like is it anywhere written in the ggsj that we sikhs should tie them? because i just thinkin that arent men and women equal sooo jus wondering does it actualli say it anywhere that we should or shouldnt...i dont mean to cause any arugments justt curious :TH: thanks

bul chuk maaf

===========================

Mod Comment : Topic merged

===========================

all explained in the previous posts...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=179740

also:

wow.. are we really argueing over a piece of string now??

yes we are jio.... :)

a string makes a big difference for people

Guru Nanak Dev ji rejected to put on the string that Hindus wear....

so you think its stupid for us to argue about this...

we must follow our Guru jis steps...

we cant be great like them

but what we CAN do...we MUST do...

Ive got 5 and still more to come but i've just paid one of my cuz the others left the rakeree's at my house since i wasnt there :) and hopefully if i could avoid them for abit longer so that they would forget then i would save about £50 LOL.gif

lol

yh i had to give money too....

if they want money they can just ask lol dont have to tie a string on my wrist!!!!! LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

• 5 months later...