Kirpan In This Modern Time

WJKK WJKF

Living in this world as a Sikh is hard especially with all the racism. But despite that we do what we must. I was wondering about Khasla Sikhs. They must wear the 5ks 24/7 but what happens when it is absolutely necessary (e.g. getting checked out at the airport) that you take the kirpan off. Should you miss your flight because you are standing for your faith, or should you go on that flight and ignore what is expected of you? Someone please explain what you are to do here. Thanks.

WJKK WJKF

Alright, we all know about those metal detectors, but as an amrithdhari sikh who wears all the 5 kakars, it is impossible for him/her to go aboard a plane without being checked. You may board planes if you get permission to wear your kirpan froma high authority, or get a private plane (unlikely).

Therefore we will also understand that Guru Ji understands our condition we would be present in if we would like to depart in an airplane.

What I would or infact any sikh should do if first do ardaas and ask for forgivness, and explain your situation to Guru Ji with your heart. He knows you are pleading to him and that you will have to apart from one of your kakars.

You can keep your kakar, or kirpan in your luggage bag, and as soon as you get your luggage, you may put on the kirpan again, before you put it on, just do ardaas again and thank Guru Ji for uniting you with your kirpan again, your kakars become like your body - even when in flight, one should not forget them.

As for the faith path, Guru Ji and you alone know how much faith you have for him, no one can judge you that you have faith or not.

I bet many people see some sikhs wearing all the 5 kakars, but they have uncut hair(so 4 kakars), drink. eat meat etc... you can't say they have faith because of them wearing the 5 kakars, see what i mean, just ignore what the people would think of you, people who have passed such ignorance would understand your situation.

Hope I have explained what you wanted to know.

Alright, we all know about those metal detectors, but as an amrithdhari sikh who wears all the 5 kakars, it is impossible for him/her to go aboard a plane without being checked. You may board planes if you get permission to wear your kirpan froma high authority, or get a private plane (unlikely).

Therefore we will also understand that Guru Ji understands our condition we would be present in if we would like to depart in an airplane.

What I would or infact any sikh should do if first do ardaas and ask for forgivness, and explain your situation to Guru Ji with your heart. He knows you are pleading to him and that you will have to apart from one of your kakars.

You can keep your kakar, or kirpan in your luggage bag, and as soon as you get your luggage, you may put on the kirpan again, before you put it on, just do ardaas again and thank Guru Ji for uniting you with your kirpan again, your kakars become like your body - even when in flight, one should not forget them.

As for the faith path, Guru Ji and you alone know how much faith you have for him, no one can judge you that you have faith or not.

I bet many people see some sikhs wearing all the 5 kakars, but they have uncut hair(so 4 kakars), drink. eat meat etc... you can't say they have faith because of them wearing the 5 kakars, see what i mean, just ignore what the people would think of you, people who have passed such ignorance would understand your situation.

Hope I have explained what you wanted to know.

well said bhai sahib....i know singhs who does tat......tat dun eat anything till they r united with the kirpaan once again