Back To Our Beautiful Culture

Duchess

Guest peacemaker

Veer peacemaker i also live in city ( holy city amritsar ) but i visit my pind every year in dec for few days and also when i get any holiday.

See, some people have to realize that living in the pind aint easy. People think that because you live in India, you should be used to it. But that's not the case at all. If you grew up in cities all your life, it's hard to even spend an hour there honestly.

Veer peacemaker i also live in city ( holy city amritsar ) but i visit my pind every year in dec for few days and also when i get any holiday.

See, some people have to realize that living in the pind aint easy. People think that because you live in India, you should be used to it. But that's not the case at all. If you grew up in cities all your life, it's hard to even spend an hour there honestly.

maybe for u.

Guest peacemaker

maybe for u.

Veerji, please don't think of me as some city guy living in a nice place with all the comforts of modern living, and then I go and make fun of the pinds. That's not the case. It's just my opinion, that's all. Some people can't live in certain situations. :TH:

by the way i am in usa right now. even though i miss my pind.

maybe for u.

Veerji, please don't think of me as some city guy living in a nice place with all the comforts of modern living, and then I go and make fun of the pinds. That's not the case. It's just my opinion, that's all. Some people can't live in certain situations. :TH:

koi nahi shaera ( lion ) ek din tenu vi teray pind dian galian di yaad aau gi.

i thought u were makin fun of navi by saying "preety boy"! LOL.gif

but there is nothing like pind

i have lived in both city and pind..

to tellu the truth... pinds are best to breath fresh air...and jus be one with teh nature(yup im a nature freeek!!) lol

i miss it so much!

to reply to the pathiyaan post..

yup been there done that... and gotten laughed at and also got juttiyan and some slap.gif for doing that...lol

its fun all of u should try it...i was young! i wish i coulddo that..why do the serventz have the privlage to do all that fun stuff? :@ (thz how i used to think whn i was there')

one time me and cousins put it on our hands thinking it was Mehndi... LOL.gif (we was young!...hey they both look the same when u 6-7yrs old and odnt know where mehandi comes from... rolleyes.gif )

so anyone of u have milked a cow or any other domestic animal? :) or got kicked by um? kool.gif

Guest peacemaker

LOL.gif Hope this doesn't turn into a pinds vs city debate! LOL.gif

But guys I felt so dirty there when I went. Like my shoes had all this "crud" from humans and animals on it. And I got all dusty. And..and all I smelled was fumes from a cow's exhaust. Fresh air? Yeah, from oxygen tank no.gifno.gif

i am from chandigarh and its a very nice and clean city. But i still prefer to live in the pind becasue im attached to the pind because my forefathers started there life from pind.Now i am in U.S. I can compare both worlds and i prefer pind. The freshness of the pind and the love and affection between people.

i should show some pics of my early years up in northern Alberta! we don't have much of our culture left, however, we are discovering our language (cree) again and our youth are getting more interested in the culture and religion before the "white men" came.

It's rather tragic... alot of the youth in the early days before 1950's, where taken from their parents and put into catholic residential schools. My dad was taken too, and was in bad condition when he came out. Apparently, in the res school. they forced him to speak english and look down on their culture. So today, it's comming back!

Anyways, i'll see if i can scrap up a few pictures of the area i used to call home. It's very beautiful... isolated, clean, wild, and peacful.