Amritvela

Guest amritvela

IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE THAN READ BANI AND WAKE UP AMRIT VELA THEN TACKLE AND SOLVE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SIKHS TODAY, ITS EASY TO SIT DOWN AND READ BANI AND WAKE UP AT AMRIT VELA OR GO TO GURDWARA WE NEED TO TRY TO SOLVE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SIKHS TODAY. PM FOR MORE INFO ON ISSUES

maybe its easy for you to wake up at amritvela n read bani buddy, i struggle with it bigtime.

IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE THAN READ BANI AND WAKE UP AMRIT VELA THEN TACKLE AND SOLVE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SIKHS TODAY, ITS EASY TO SIT DOWN AND READ BANI AND WAKE UP AT AMRIT VELA OR GO TO GURDWARA WE NEED TO TRY TO SOLVE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SIKHS TODAY.

PM FOR MORE INFO ON ISSUES

LOL... what a joke.... "ITS EASY TO SIT DOWN AND READ BANI AND WAKE UP AT AMRIT VELA"... May i ask what time you wake up??? grin.gif

And if you find it "easy" to wake up at AV... gosh you have Maharaj's kirpa!!! d_oh.gif

VJKK VJKF

just wake up your usual time and do as much simran as possible....but maybe this is just guru sahib's test you know HE made it easier for you to wake up this early so HE's testing you to see whether you take the advantage of this and do lots of naam simran and do your nitnem :umm: that's what i think....continue waking up early and doing simran and nitnem :lol: make guru sahib happy and make yourself happy....and stay in chardi kala :D

VJKK VJKF

• 2 weeks later...

long ago it waz hard to wake up at amritvellaa ba now itz eazy and it dusnt feel like amritvela anymore. long ago it was hard n i felt it like diz iz amritvela, ba now itz 2 eazy u get me

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fathe.

Sangat jio, if this is the case then there must be something wrong because at amritwela there is always a new feeling, a chardikala, love.

When waking up amritwela for a long period time it will become a part of ones routine like going toilet etc. It will become a part of your life and without it one will feel very very upset and lonely.

Amritwela should neva be easy, if you find it easy to wake up, lets say 2:00 then start waking up at 1:00 that way you will be sacrifising more sleep and will be doing more naam abhiyaas.

At amritwela which starts at 12:00 one should do atleast 2 hours abhiyaas, then increase this when you get more use to it. (like 3 hours, 4 hours and more) If you find it easy then you must be doing something wrong, because sitting there for 2 hours with out moving in one position is very hard, but daas does not know what state you are in. The more abhiyaas one does the more kirpa mahraj will do, the longer you sit the stronger the mind will become. Daas knows a few singhs who can sit there with out moving for 3 hours and they are only 16+.

So daas thinks that one is doing something wrong if one finds it easy to wake up amritwela and seriously wrong if one does not feel a chardikala in the amritwela.

When one starts to wake up everyday without missing a day then it will become more natural and one will not need a alarm clock to wake them up. But at a low stage like daas it will always be hard.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fathe. :e:

long ago it waz hard to wake up at amritvellaa ba now itz eazy and it dusnt feel like amritvela anymore. long ago it was hard n i felt it like diz iz amritvela, ba now itz 2 eazy u get me

amritvela isnt only amritvela because one finds it hard to get up.in fact amritvela isnt only amritvela because one gets up at 12 or 2 in the morning...amritvela only counts as amritvela if you think of nothing/noone else but vaheguru.if we think of it in this way, it is true to say that in the case of myself, i have never done an amritvela in my life..regardless of what time i wake up, regardless of what time anyone wakes up, an amritvela hasnt been done, if vaheguru has been forgotten.

amritvela is about doing vichar on vaheguru..by naam japna and doing vichar on gurbani.amritvela is not just a time of day, which many people have reduced it to, amritvela is a time for instilling amrit within....

finding it easy to get up isnt necesarily a negative thing..if what you are doing from the moment you get up is "vadeeyaaee veechar".

these days amritvela has been made into a fixed routine, that it sometimes becomes monotonous...wake up, do this many hours simran, do this many baaneea etc.

mahraj says constantly...even whilst we think we are"doing" paath or doing simran,we have to be careful and reflect on whether we truly are...

mukho sabh ko kare virle hirdhai vasaayeiaa

Everyone can chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har with their mouths, but only a few enshrine it within their hearts.

(regretfully not in gurmukhi,as i dont know how to)

im sorry this became long winded, i just wanted to make people aware and remind myself that amritvelas not just a routine...its a time at which we should all aim to be in a certain state of mind... that of a gurmukh....which should be carried on into the day...

mahraj also says

Some remain awake and aware, and do not receive these gifts, while others are awakened from their sleep to be blessed. ||1||

ek jaagande naa lahan ekna sutiyaa dey uthaal.

i would also like to add that in the past various other religous people have sat for hours in meditative remembrance...without moving...this doesnt make one any more or less chardikala.what makes one charidkala is that even whilst moving..whislt sitting whilst carrying out any activity..that one carried on doing vichar of vaheguru(simran..paath)constantly whenever...wherever.

nanak satgur peteeye pooree hovai jugat, nanak meeting satguru one comes to know the perfect way...

hasandeyaa khelandheyaa painandheya khaavandeyaa VICHE hove mukat, While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. ||2||

please forgive and correct this moorakh for any mistakes...