Khanga

Guru

Wahe Guru Ji Kah Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

no.gif I just took amrit last month , I am from hong kong. I am 17 yrz old. I am pure veg i keep my hair every thg I am great but i cannot say tht..I LOVE TO BE BE A GREAT N STRONG KHALSA.but the problem of mine is i took amrit but i got some very bad life such as my kanga i goes to office i work and i need to put jeans and stuff i cannot wear suit th doesn't matter but i cannoot clover my head n put kanga in my hair i was to hang with my sri shahib BUT when i go to gurudawara i wear suit n cover my head n everthg..:) does it matter.as i don't know about that..But my dad also took amrit i dun wan to share with him PLS HELP ME OUT..

Wahe Guru Ji Kah Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

5ks must be worn at all times.

You have to go to work with your turban in your joora and a turban,keski or patka.Wear your kirpan underneath your clothes. You gotta start somewhere and after a bit they will get used to it.

Do not remove any of the kakkars.

SatNam

5ks must be worn at all times.

You have to go to work with your turban in your joora and a turban,keski or patka.Wear your kirpan underneath your clothes. You gotta start somewhere and after a bit they will get used to it.

Do not remove any of the kakkars.

SatNam

[/quo

i Does wear all 5 thing i dun remove thm from my body my kanga i tide up with my kirpan uder my cloth i wear the samll one 24 hrz .whn i go outside or temple then i wear the big kirpan on clohs .but for my kesk tell me about tht to put patka ..plss

thanks lot

One should keep their head covered to PROTECT the Kesh. The Kesh vibrate NAAM and have been blessed with Amrit and therefore should be taken care of. In order to PROTECT and RESPECT our Kesh and DASAM DUAAR (Tenth Spiritual Gate where the soul enters and leaves the body, the most spiritual part of our body) Guru Sahib has given us the Hukam of tying a Dastaar (turban).

Furthermore, the hair tied in a top-knot on the top of the head covered with a Dastaar is the IDENTITY of a SIKH. From a distance one knows you the PRINCE or PRINCESS of Guru Gobind Singh jee. Without a dastaar how would one know you are the daughter or son of Guru Gobind Singh jee?

It is difficult for many people when one chooses the Guru's Path and has to deal with the world. However, keep your head up high, don't be bothered by what "others will think" - Respect YOURSELF and respect your SIKHI and others will RESPECT YOU and gave you DIGNITY. Walk in the GRACE and GLORY of our Father.

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelun kaa chaao

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhar thulee gulee maeree aao

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhureejai

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

(Guru Nanak Sahib jee, Ang 1412)

Related Article on Daughters of the Khalsa blog -

http://dedicatedkaurs.blogspot.com/2006/01...-for-women.html

I am sure if you eplain to your employers that you have becoming an initiated Sikh and have wear articles of faith as per requirements of your faith and explain the significance of the dastaar and 5 ks that they will be okay with it. Then you sit down and explain to your work collegues that you have become initiated and explain your choice to keep Rehit (discipline) and give them opportunity to ask questions. If you feel comfortable, then open up and explain that you felt scared or uncomfortable coming to work with you religious uniform and articles of faith and hence have decided to share you feelings with them. I believe they will all give you support and no one will bully you if you become open. If any problems then the Law is with you and seek advice from Sikh Coalition or SALDEF organisations.

Guru Sahib Ang Sang Sahaaee Hovan.