dilemma

kam1825

I am police ofiicer in Leicester, England.

Last night i was on patrol when i came accross a car being driven erratically on the road.

I stopped the car only to find it was the local granthi totally drunk. The first thing he did when i got him out of the car was throw up everywhere.

I ended up having to arrest him as i was with a new officer who i was training.

The singh pleaded with me to let him off stating that e was tricked by a friend into drinking!!!

He was three times over the legal limit and i ended up charging him.

I really wanted to just take him home but i remember when i started to do this job some sants told me to always do my job with truth and do it properly.

I now have to go to court with this granthi in two weeks as he still insists he wasnt drunk or driving at anytime.

He is a good man in the way he does the asa di vaar, paath and langar seva at the gurdwara.

Just wanted to know your thoughts and what you would have done in my position

I think he should be locked up, there is no excess for a granthi to be drinking, what example is he setting to the youth we have other problem to sort out as sikh the last thing we need is a drunken granthi.

Also well done for becoming a Police office, we need more Gursikh in the service/force/police.

I see a Singh police man near my house, but one problem he wears a turban but as no beard. I would have liked to see him wearing a dumala and a big black beard that would be cool.

Could I ask you a question as a police man what happens if you get in a fight and your turban comes off, do you wear a dumala or a normal turban (folded one).

sorry guys dont have msn, this isn't even my computer.

I wear i rumal, a patka, a small dumalla than a black one over it. Its up to me what i want to wear black or blue.

I joined three years ago had no problems id suggest it to any gursikh wanting to join it is a fantastic job. I am now in the drugs squad because i hate the effects that has on people.

It does change some people though i joined along with my massi's son but the first day he got there he said he didn't feel right the next day i was shocked to see him clean shaven.

Its fantastic i was asked to work a day after i was married to help with the searches of the gurdwara as the queen came. I got to do the darshan of old birs of guru granth sahib je and dasam granth. I saw alsorts of things in the museum that are kept away from public. I got to meet her and she was pleased to see a sikh police men and her officials were saying that they have not had a sikh regiment since the raj and want one in the army.

Can you imagine that it would be like akal purkh the fauj. They said it will be sikhs that are baptized with full armour. They also said as well as military techniques they would want us to learn our traditional martial arts.

Last i heard prince charles said he personally wanted to take charge in getting it sorted.

How good would that be.

Well done for joining the police force. I hope to bump into you on my visits to Leicester (on the right side of the law of course).

The Giani incident is unfortunate and you had to perform your duty as a police officer. As a Sikh, you did the right thing as by now being caught and exposed this Giani will look back at his actions and 'hopefully' repent.

From what you have told us, I personally believe the drunk Giani was supposed to be caught by a GurSikh. Isn't there a sakhi about Guru Gobind Singh Ji being present in the form of a watchman, preventing one of his Singh's from entering into a brothel. Anyhow, hopefully the Giani consceience was awakened, especially by being caught by someone in Guruji's roop.