Guru Nanak Sikh School

nanaksar.org

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people can never see a good thing even if it hits them in the face.

This is a Sikh School producing results better than most English Private Schools yet its still not good enough for us.

What a wonderful achievement it is too! It's great were getting ahead and also allowing others to follow the Sikh path. those of non-Sikh faith will learn about it as you say, and may decide this is the path for them too.

wicked :D

im guna put ma kids in the skool, :umm: :lol:

Pehla app taan parjaa....

some people can never see a good thing even if it hits them in the face.

This is a Sikh School producing results better than most English Private Schools yet its still not good enough for us.

What a wonderful achievement it is too! It's great were getting ahead and also allowing others to follow the Sikh path. those of non-Sikh faith will learn about it as you say, and may decide this is the path for them too.

wicked :D

im guna put ma kids in the skool, :umm: :lol:

Pehla app taan parjaa....

lol tru say..

im too scard 2 get married, let alone becoming a dad... blush.gifno.gif

Fateh Jee

I'd just like to add a few points in answer to some questions raised. I teach at the school. Firstly, as someone said, the question is not how many are amritdhari kids, in an area of Southall where most parents of the kids dont know what the 10 Guru's names are, their children are learning about their religion and telling their parents off when they do something like Karva Chauth for example and pass it off as religion. ALL the kids are taught the Mool mantar and memorise the meanings and the Japuji. The 5 Banis are taught and even though there is one 45 minute lesson a week, in comparison to three or four lessons for other subjects I think the kids are doing pretty well.

They enter the Darbar Sahib and know how to sit, that's a major plus point when most of the parents dont go to the Gurdwara unless there's a wedding or something. Also, the question isnt how many amritdharis there are, knowing the background of these kids it would be impossible for the school to let in only amritdharis and grossly unfair. Isn't it better that kids who would not really have heard much about Sikhism apart from wearing gold khanda's and using Singh as car number plates are learning about the Rahit Maryada, the AKAL TAKHAT and the lives of the Guru's. BTW Khalsa Fauj jee, the kids arent brainwashed into following a Dera (which I assume you were referring to Nanaksar) but are guided into serving the Panth. They do their own Gurpurab kirtans, and serve in the Langar, every day a couple of kids volunteer to do shoes (joreya) dee sewa while everyone is in assembly listening to Japuji, singing a shabad, doing ardas and listening to maharaj's hukamnama. The kids have produced a kirtan cd, you can find more info at Sukhmani Kaur's blog www.skaur.blogspot.com

So, in addition to this, the kids have worked hard to produce phenomenal results, coming top out of the schools in hillindgon borough, let's be proud of this, and encourage them. There are kids in the school who are amritdhari, hindu's and non-amritdharis, but they are all learning and our ardas is that they will take amrit not out of force, or to get in the school but after making an informed decision and so they can stick to their commitment. I hope we stop picking on negative points everytime someone does something good in our panth and this change in attitude will help us make even more schools like this one in the midlands, slough and wherever else.

Bhul chuk muaff

Fateh

Gurpreet Kaur

Fateh Jee

I'd just like to add a few points in answer to some questions raised. I teach at the school. Firstly, as someone said, the question is not how many are amritdhari kids, in an area of Southall where most parents of the kids dont know what the 10 Guru's names are, their children are learning about their religion and telling their parents off when they do something like Karva Chauth for example and pass it off as religion. ALL the kids are taught the Mool mantar and memorise the meanings and the Japuji. The 5 Banis are taught and even though there is one 45 minute lesson a week, in comparison to three or four lessons for other subjects I think the kids are doing pretty well.

They enter the Darbar Sahib and know how to sit, that's a major plus point when most of the parents dont go to the Gurdwara unless there's a wedding or something. Also, the question isnt how many amritdharis there are, knowing the background of these kids it would be impossible for the school to let in only amritdharis and grossly unfair. Isn't it better that kids who would not really have heard much about Sikhism apart from wearing gold khanda's and using Singh as car number plates are learning about the Rahit Maryada, the AKAL TAKHAT and the lives of the Guru's. BTW Khalsa Fauj jee, the kids arent brainwashed into following a Dera (which I assume you were referring to Nanaksar) but are guided into serving the Panth. They do their own Gurpurab kirtans, and serve in the Langar, every day a couple of kids volunteer to do shoes (joreya) dee sewa while everyone is in assembly listening to Japuji, singing a shabad, doing ardas and listening to maharaj's hukamnama. The kids have produced a kirtan cd, you can find more info at Sukhmani Kaur's blog www.skaur.blogspot.com

So, in addition to this, the kids have worked hard to produce phenomenal results, coming top out of the schools in hillindgon borough, let's be proud of this, and encourage them. There are kids in the school who are amritdhari, hindu's and non-amritdharis, but they are all learning and our ardas is that they will take amrit not out of force, or to get in the school but after making an informed decision and so they can stick to their commitment. I hope we stop picking on negative points everytime someone does something good in our panth and this change in attitude will help us make even more schools like this one in the midlands, slough and wherever else.

Bhul chuk muaff

Fateh

Gurpreet Kaur

When I have kids I'm going to move to Hayes :umm:

Fateh Jee

Bhul chuk muaff

Fateh

Gurpreet Kaur

wicked :lol:

When I have kids I'm going to move to Hayes :D

same here... lol .... :umm: