Need Help

Revolutionary

Can a Vidhvaan on this forum explain the meaning of this shabad?

ਪਹਿਲੈ ਪਹਰੈ ਫੁਲੜਾ ਫਲੁ ਭੀ ਪਛਾ ਰਾਤਿ ॥

The first watch of the night brings flowers, and the later watches of the night bring fruit.

ਜੋ ਜਾਗੰਨ੍‍ ਿਲਹੰਨਿ ਸੇ ਸਾਈ ਕੰਨੋ ਦਾਤਿ ॥112॥

Those who remain awake and aware, receive the gifts from the Lord. ||112||

Phal and Phul.. whats the difference? I mean flowers and fruits.. significance?

bhajji menu kush nahi pata fer we main sirf apna view dasda menu pata galat he hona ....

full fall .... full khushi di nishani aa ... fall result reward di nishani .... jadd apan ek rukh lagaunda ... ohnu pani deende hain ... khadd paunda hain ... osnu pall de hain ... pehlan osste full aunda ... tusi papite wekheya hona jiss papite de butte te full nahi aunda uss te kaddi fall nahi aunda ....

full pehlan ... nishani wa bai hai sadda layea rukh jawan ho reha wadda ho reha .... te jadd oh purra jawan ho jaunda taan uss nu faal painda ...

jai bhakti naal jodeya jaye assi nittname karde hai guru mantar da japp ... ek saal do saal ... koi faal nahi ... anad auun lagg geya oh full wa ... jadd akal purkh naa surat jurrni shuri .... fall auun lagg geya ... time taan laguga ....

te jehra eh sabar katt geya osse nu guru diyan khushiyan millan giyan ...

bhull chuk maff ...

plz menu dasseyo main kithe kithe galat likheya ...

from my very limited understanding, i reckon that we need to picture an apple tree. an apple tree grows, and the flowers blossom, then the fruit emerges. the fruit is what we eat - the reward - the whole point of the tree. the flowers come out in the process and look nice to attract you to the tree.

or something.

i think you know what i mean. i agree with jassa. for a fruitful reward you probably need time. (unless Maharaj decides that you don't.) i think that Maharaj is saying obtaining the flowers (first stage) isn't enough...we have to keep working at it to receive the true fruit.

for a deeper meaning i'd suggest posting on the tapoban forum, or emailing bhai kulbir singh. people like him know all about the gurbani grammar and can use it to do gurbani vichaar providing a more accurate meaning. it's nice to see some true gurbani vichaar happening on this forum. we need more of it :umm: .

~l~

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use