Marrying To An Indian Girl

wjkk wjkf...my fren is a punjabi guy n he likes a indian girl here...i have tried my best to explain to him the wat is he doing is very wrong..n he ask me that where did guru wrote we must marry a punjabi girl n not other religion..can u all help me to answer him back n persuade him not to get married to that indian girl...wjkk wjkf

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i take it this indian girl is not a sikh.

guru's never wrote that one should marry within ones community. a sikh should marry a practising sikh n no other (doenst mean one has to marry a punjabi sikh only, there are white sikhs n black sikhs too) n here's why.

the goal of every sikh should be to advance their sikhi, when you marry a non-sikh, that goal is goin to be become 100 times tougher to achieve if not impossible. its much easier to fall in sikhi then to rise. so if your partner is not a sikh, theres a big fat chance that they'll bring your sikhi down.

so logically it makes sense that sikh should marry sikh for the sake of sikhi. hope that helped.

now, if your friend is in "love" with this girl, you can say what you want it will not change his mind. you know what they say love is blind. and they are right, i'm saying this from personal experience. so just try to explain the deal once, and if it doesnt work then accept it as guru's hukum and let it be.

guru rakha.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i take it this indian girl is not a sikh.

guru's never wrote that one should marry within ones community. a sikh should marry a practising sikh n no other (doenst mean one has to marry a punjabi sikh only, there are white sikhs n black sikhs too) n here's why.

the goal of every sikh should be to advance their sikhi, when you marry a non-sikh, that goal is goin to be become 100 times tougher to achieve if not impossible. its much easier to fall in sikhi then to rise. so if your partner is not a sikh, theres a big fat chance that they'll bring your sikhi down.

so in short, sikh should marry sikh. hope that helped.

:TH:

well, like i said before. it he doens't listen the first time then he wont listen.

trust me, i know how strong those feelings can be. so there's really not much you can do about it.

look at it this way. maybe this move will endup making his sikhi stronger. i mean if he does go through with it (i assume his parents and her parents are ok with this) and it doesnt work out. yes it will hurt a lot but then he'll realize that there is noone in this world to help him but guruji. maybe just maybe. and if does workout then i guess good for him, but i really hope that his sikhi doesnt get affected in any way in the process.

guru rakha.

ps. ask him this, why her? whats so special about her? he probaly wont have have a logical proper answer for this. he'll end up saying "ooo she makes me feel this n that..." or something along these lines. thats nothing but infatuation and it will wear off. lets just hope it wears off before he does something he'll regret later on.

the girl;s side agree but he have not asked his parents n i am very sire his parents will not agree too..bcoz he told me by himdelf that his mum will nvr agree..he say punjabi girls dont wan him coz he is dark n not their choice...i was thinking the same as u thought papi..one day he will realise his mistake...

the girl;s side agree but he have not asked his parents n i am very sire his parents will not agree too..bcoz he told me by himdelf that his mum will nvr agree..he say punjabi girls dont wan him coz he is dark n not their choice...i was thinking the same as u thought papi..one day he will realise his mistake...
what rubbish. whod want to marry a girl who just look at you and says no neway. thats just really really shallow. yes looks play a part but color !!!!! hai rubba.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

well if he left it up to his parents they wud find a suitable match for him...if he's dark, they'll find sum1 who is either dark or doesnt mind a dark person........he shudnt put himself down too much..i think he just got low self esteem and the girl prolly makes him feel good about himself, maybe he doesnt even truly have feelings for her....but i've been in ur shoes b4, trying to stop sum1 from marrying a hindu, tha person stopped talking to me but i did what i had to do and they can hate me forever i dont care, i told tha person the truth..anyway, the person broke up with the hindu and i was like "hun das" so like papi said they prolly wont listen to u, but ask him if his motives are right.....