Sikhs Of East African Origin And Jatha Affiliation

WJKK WJKF

I am doing some serious research on the East African Sikh diaspora to the west and their jatha associations.

Does anyone know of approximate figures as to how many of the East African Sikhs are associated with the AKJ, GNNSJ, Nanaksar, Damdami Taksaal, Nihungs etc.

Would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

WJKK WJKF

^ Those kinds of things are hard to find out brother. You can either go to Africa and ask Sikhs there one by one :umm: . Or the other thing I was thinking is, why don't you e-mail AKJ or something and ask the same question. I will try researching for you, but I highly doubt that kind of information can exist, mainly because AKJ doesn't go around counting who is part of who you know? Anyways, BEST OF LUCK. I will also try to look for it, and contact you likewise. :TH: rockon.gif

WJKK WJKF

I am doing some serious research on the East African Sikh diaspora to the west and their jatha associations.

Does anyone know of approximate figures as to how many of the East African Sikhs are associated with the AKJ, GNNSJ, Nanaksar, Damdami Taksaal, Nihungs etc.

Would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

WJKK WJKF

The GNNSJ link exists because the jatha originated in EA, with Baba Puran Singh being based in Kericho and the present Bhai Mohinder Singh originating from Zambia.

Giani Amolak Singh was head Granthi in Singh Sabha Dar-es Salaam for about 20 years, so his influence was strong on that region.

Baba Isher Singh Rarewalay made regular long visits to Nairobi in the mid to late 60s and again had a strong influence in that region.

Naamdharis infiltrated in to Nairobi scene in the mid 50s with the regular visits of the pakhandi dehdhari Partap Singh who claimed he was the 14th Nanak. Families inter-married with naamdharis and what emerged were mainstream looking Sikhs with naamdhari affiliations.

Guest Singh_jee

erm u guys are going to say im 'pro namdhari' again but...

Partap singh always said that he was not the 14th nanak, he didnt have a gaddi, and always used 2 touch the feet of Sant Baba Puran singh...

The l8est 'guru' of namdhari is Jagjit singh he is the onli one that has a gaddi.

So dont do nindiya of partap singh because he was decent guy!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
The l8est 'guru' of namdhari is Jagjit singh he is the onli one that has a gaddi.

Jagjit Singh is not a guru he is just a Sikh like all the rest of us under Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

singh_jee you wont ever stop trying to spread your namdhari crap on this forum rolleyes.gif

The ONLY living Guru with a gaddi is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji !!!!!

Guest Singh_jee

no w8, namdharis is a hole different religion yeah... they're not part of the panth because they dont accept our guru as guru, but they have theyre own guru... get tht right!