woah

just read tht really long thread

good debate between singh123 and khalsa fauj

khalsa fauk please for your own sake

do not say such things about the akhand kertanee jatha

its not healthy

Guest _Bijla Singh_

Bhai TKF, two main questions remain unanswered:

1) Which books of Brahmins condemn Sarabloh?

2) Which books of Vaishnav preach Sarabloh?

It is not a question of whether Bhai Kahan Singh lied but a question o whether his research on this topic is complete. He also believed that “Waheguru” Is not gurmantar so would we conclude that he is lying? It was his opinion which of course was wrong. Scholars can be wrong. They don’t lie intentionally.

If you think Akal Takhat Maryada is perfect then I suggest you do some research. Was there no maryada before 1925? This maryada took different parts from different rehatnamas, Vaars of Bhai Gurdas Ji and work of Bhai Nand Singh Ji and compiled a summary of the rehat, minimum amount that an individual could keep. For example, Dastar is also part of rehat but it is not mentioned in SGPC Maryada. Maryada changes there from time to time e.g. they used to recite 6 pauris of Anand Sahib to prepare Amrit now they recite 40.

Let’s assume Vaishnavs keep sarabloh (though you haven’t provided any source to back it) how does it become a bad thing? Do you think truth did not exist before 1469? Just because someone else does it, we (Sikhs) cannot do it? Islam preaches oneness of God, now should we reject it? Hindus believe in reincarnation, should we reject it? You must prove how sarabloh is anti-gurmat by providing some sources not by pointing fingers towards others.

If you think sarablohis are kaidees then non-Amritdharis think all Amritdharis are kaidees. We keep rehat of Guru Sahib, and must stay away from four bajjar kurehats which are heavily preached by the western countries. We don’t drink, smoke and go to bars. Is this also not living like a “kaidee” in the eyes of non-Amritdharis? It all boils down to following the rehat. Whatever pleases Guru Sahib is pro-gurmat practice.

I do not know why you have so much hate for AKJ and others. I have personally met and talked to people who are in charge of buying food for langar of Darbar Sahib. I don’t think you would want to eat there after hearing their testimonies. So Bhai, you may not want to follow sarabloh but hating it certainly does not justify your beliefs. I hope Guru Sahib gives you sumatt. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I don't mind someone keeping Sarabloh or not. It doesn't bother me or effect me but when people start saying it is Guru Maryada and it is mandatory and stuff. Then there is a problem. That is all. As for which granths, I will get you the granth names. I never said Bhai Kaan Singh Nabha can't be wrong. Everyone except Guru and God.

Yes, it is true that before 1925, there was no one rehat in the Panth. It was divided like this. There are reasons for it. I don't hate AKJ but I do use hard words to wake the brothers and sisters up. If we want the Khalsa Panth to expand, everyone has to follow one maryada. I don't hate AKJs are Taksal. Jathas aren't bad and can be very beneficial if they all preach the same thing. Akaal Takht marayda is Panthic maryada. Panthic maryada = Guru maryada as Panth is Guru. Panth making deicsions while in Tabya of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Guru so we must accept Panthic marayda as our maryada. If we think, there needs to be a change, we can take the case to Akaal Takht and we can make the decision there. In the old times, before 1805, this was the case.

Panth Guru Ji Jaaneyo Parat Guran Kee Deh!

As for the Granths, I will get the granth names for sure. And I hope that your bhais please understand why Guru Ji used Sarbloh batta for Amrit Sanchar and then ask yourself, if it is really neccessary to only eat in Sarbloh. Just think about it, when we have Nagar Kirtans here in the west. Imagine everyone saying we want Sarbloh utensils. Where are you going to get 100,000+ Sarabloh dishes. That is why, foam ones are good. Use them and throw them. Not heavy to carry and no need to worry about washing them. Very easy and effective. Guru Ji went all over the world, think about it. Everyone in the world didn't use Sarabloh. So please use logic, Akaal has given us mutt and we must use it. We must think long term. Even in Punjab, you go to Anadpur Sahib and other big Gurudwaras, you ger parsaad in doonas. Even Daal is given in doonas. If it is okay to use doonas there, then why isn't it okay to use it at other times?

Rehatnamas were based on personal beliefs. Not on Gurmat. We must leave personal beliefs at the bottom and work towards unity and 1 maryada.

As far as the keeping sarbloh bibek, it won't get us any closer or any further away from Akaal. So it is not a big deal but to say it is rehat of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Then that is too much. Please don't put things into Guru Ji's mouth.

We can't belive the rehatnamas blindly. We must base them on Gurbani. If there is something in rehatnamas, which doesn't fit with Gurbani. We must let it go.

I don't forget. I will post the book names when I get them. I have added this thread into favs.

As for food, fire burns everything. When the food is grown, it is grown in fields in which we kisaans put muck/dung of animals.

If someone is not handling the food properly right before cooking and after cooking, then yea it is a problem.

As far as cleanliness goes, it is a must. So please understand. I don't have any internal hatred for anyone.

I know all of you think for the Panth and love the Panth but thinking and loving won't get us anywhere. We need to move forward.

by reading the posts by The Khalsa Fauj it is totally clear that he think that AKJ people are simply follwers of BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JI and not the follwers of GURU GOBIND SINGH JI.

by his replies it is clear that he is anti akj and dnt have any respect for BHAI SAHIB BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JI.

The Akhand Keertanee Jathaa is dedicated to the Sikh lifestyle. The Jathaa follows a strict discipline in keeping the Rehit of Guru Gobind Singh Jee. They also enjoy an active style of Keertan recited by Sikhs in a collective manner in front of Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee. This style of Keertan is relatively simple, and the entire congregation devotionally participates in singing along.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Jee embodied this lifestyle of strict personal discipline.

NOW listen, there are several rehetnaames and all dnt match each other.

how cud all people follow all the rehetnaame??

and i want to ask all members and users here that wot is the loss of sikhi here if a very little counting among sikhs or i wud say only among akj people use to eat in sarabloh????

wots the loss there????

there arent more tahn 2% of sarablohiye singhs in akj even.

but look at their hard rehet, and u people are fighting over this.

people who say that its vashnav matt are making their own fun.

not even a hindu knew wot is sarabloh called or wot it means.

GURU GOBIND SINGH JI choose sarabloh bata for to prepare AMRIT.

at that time guru sahis's kalgi's cost was sawa lakh (1.25lakh) and he cud also use a gold baata.

but he ddnt, an english wriiter has writtren in his book that guru sahib's decision for choosing sarabloh, was the best decision ever.

if guru ji choose that sarabloh bata then wots wrong if a few sikhs eat in it?

and SRI MAAN The Khalsa Fauj ji ,

i request u to plz clear ur doubts abt AKJ community, go to any samagam of akj, listen kirtan there and then ardaas too,

and then tell us if u have listened any baani of bhai randheer singh ji or if have u listened bhai sahib's name in ardaas they do.

they recite guru 's baani , do adras beofre guru and follow guru's rehet, not bhai randheer singh's rehet.

i dnt belongs to akj but i have much respect for them, also i m not a sarabloyia, in ma family i am only amritdhari and my mom willnever feel bad if i refuse to eat food made by her if i wud be in that much strict rehet.

but i agree that it is difficult for people who dnt belongs to amritdhari families.

but the best thing is to eat food cooked by amritdharies.

Guest amarjeet singh

sarbloh bibek is gurmat

it is a rehit we should all follow or at least try our best to follow, we should try our best to follow evry1 one of guru jees hukams and rehits.

to say its vaishnav mat or whatever, is simply not very clever at all

• 2 weeks later...

"Khalsa" Fauj,

That's some nice research you've done. Please provide a Chapter and verse number.

You can't. Why? Because that quote doesn't exist anywhere. I tell you what. I'll make your search easier. The Manu Simriti is online at http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/manu.htm . Search for anything that even RESEMBLES that quote.

The only mention of lohaa in relation to eating is the following reference:

"Copper, iron, brass, pewter, tin, and lead must be cleansed, as may be suitable (for each particular case), by alkaline (substances), acids or water." (Chapter 5, verse 114)

Here Sarbloh is included amongst all the other materials that were used for utensils and instructions are given how to purify it.

I'll await your response with the reference I've requested.

• 16 years later...
Guest Sukhwinder kaur
On 9/3/2006 at 2:20 PM, Harmeet_Singh said:

"I believe it is a practice of keeping bibek (eating food only cooked by amritdharis) cooked in sarbloh (pure iron) pots/pans/etc."

Say if ones mother is not Amritdhari and her child is. Will the child say to the mother i wont eat your cooking because your not Amritdhari?

That is one of the most painful things a child can say to his/her mother.

Yes it happens with me.i can not write english but i will try to explain.my son is amritdhari and i am not .his father also not but when my son told me that he will not eat which food i will make even he dont want that i touch his sarbloh bartan to wash . It was very painful to me i am his mother and i cannot give him food .he dont know how to make roti daal he makes roti so thick like kacha aata i cannot explain and daal like paani  please give me salution 🙏