Starting A Business - Need Help From Sikhsangat Members Who Are Entreprenuers/business Owners

LifeIsBeautiful

Wjkk wjkf,

I have decided to start a direct marketing company here where I reside, has anyone on this forum run their own business. I would just like to hear your success/failures [we always learn from that].

I am planning on going back to school full time, and I dont really want to work part time, so I thought starting my own business is the way to go.

WJKKF

Very exciting time and can be very challenging also.

I can't say that I know much about direct marketing but so much can be said that applies universally. Tell us more about your concerns, hopes, current challenges, background etc.

The way of Sikhi is an awesomely powerful backdrop for the art of business. There are always new spins on business, but if someone was to write a book titled "Saint-Soldier Entrepreneur" or something along those lines it could be an incredible read.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Im going to see if I can get a job today in an hour. Lets see if they are prejudice against my hair and turban like all the other jobs Ive tried to get within the past year to 9 months rolleyes.gif {Im tired of mini side jobs, I want full time work with a secure job}

Im going to see if I can get a job today in an hour. Lets see if they are prejudice against my hair and turban like all the other jobs Ive tried to get within the past year to 9 months rolleyes.gif {Im tired of mini side jobs, I want full time work with a secure job}

what kind of job? do you have a suit or appropriate cloths for the job? Make sure you know some of the essential job interview questions - just a few suggestions :e:

Wjkk wjkf,

I have decided to start a direct marketing company here where I reside, has anyone on this forum run their own business. I would just like to hear your success/failures [we always learn from that].

I am planning on going back to school full time, and I dont really want to work part time, so I thought starting my own business is the way to go.

WJKKF

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

where do you live?... different geographies have different demographies, and require different type of techniques....

Vaheguru...

Basically I live in Canada, I just had an idea for a coupon book and get advertisers to pay and have a deal with Canada Post to ship them out for me.

How are you going to seperate yourself from your competitors? Or is the market large enough that you do not need to? Perhaps you can make the first book for a small area of the city and call it by the name. Can it be a book that will be picked up by students at the campus store. The advertisers could be all those who market to the student community.

Successes come from overcoming hesitations and fears, being very confident in what you do and oddly enough thriving on rejection to get past it. Beleive in yourself. Allow yourself to learn, make mistakes, and build, but at the same time be convinced that you are going to give it 200% and succeed. Plan as much as possible, but be prepared to adapt to changes. No such thing as failure. Anything that can be construed as a failure is a actually a success in your education. You need to be able to read people, be very comfortable with people, build trust and be genuine. Stay in chardi kala and all will come naturally.