Hatred

Akali

GuruFateh!

Everywhere I look (personal experience, SikhSangat etc) I see a great deal of hatred. Hatred towards Hindu's (whom most people just take the mickey out of), hatred towards India and most importantly hatred towards each other within our Panth. People in our own panth openly criticise each other in ways that were forbidden by the Guru's.

We as Sikh's are learners and disciples of the Guru. We are all at different stages with regard to Sikhi so no-one has the right to criticise another by putting them down. It is our job to help our brothers and sisters and not put people down or engage in foolish conversation.

Not so long ago, there was a debate with a Bhaman on this website. Many of the sangat members (you know who you are) resorted to childish name calling reminiscent of the school playground. We as Sikh's should know sufficient amounts of our history and Guru's teaching to answer questions posed by other faiths and not resort to name calling.

There are Hindu's out there who have no problem with Sikh's but by the sangat behaving in the manner that they did, they are just providing ammunition to those organisations that are trying to cause problems between Hindu's and Sikh's. ACT AND SPEAK IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GURU'S TEACHINGS!

One other thing I do not like is the burning of the India flag. What will this achieve apart from making you look like fools to the world? This is just pure and simple hatred for India. Don't forget that many Sikh's died fighting for independance. What did the world think of the Iraqi's burning USA flags? Khalistan is an important issue but fight for it in accordance with the Guru's teachings. Hatred causes anger, in turn anger clouds the mind and this causes people to do things that they would not do. On a personal note, I have engaged in conversations with some 'hardcore Khalistani's' and from what I saw, they knew everything about Operation BlueStar and Shaheed Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala but when it came to the important aspects of the Sikh faith, they had no clue. And before any Sangat member starts moaning, I said SOME KHALISTANI's and NOT ALL KHALISTANI's.

The Guru's fought against oppression and tyranny but never did they once have hatred for the enemy. I refer the sangat to Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi and Guru Hargobind. Dasmesh Pita Guru Gobind Singh lost his four sons and yet never had hatred for the enemy. Many Sikh's are going away from the fundamentals taught by Guru Nanak Dev Ji and are embracing a more militant outlook that was never sanctioned by any of the Guru's. Guru Hargobind militarized the Sikh's but there was ground rules and I don;t see many people operating with these rules in their mind in todays world.

Knowing what the Guru's taught is good, but even better is putting it into practise.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GuruFateh!

Everywhere I look (personal experience, SikhSangat etc) I see a great deal of hatred. Hatred towards Hindu's (whom most people just take the mickey out of), hatred towards India and most importantly hatred towards each other within our Panth. People in our own panth openly criticise each other in ways that were forbidden by the Guru's.

We as Sikh's are learners and disciples of the Guru. We are all at different stages with regard to Sikhi so no-one has the right to criticise another by putting them down. It is our job to help our brothers and sisters and not put people down or engage in foolish conversation.

Not so long ago, there was a debate with a Bhaman on this website. Many of the sangat members (you know who you are) resorted to childish name calling reminiscent of the school playground. We as Sikh's should know sufficient amounts of our history and Guru's teaching to answer questions posed by other faiths and not resort to name calling.

There are Hindu's out there who have no problem with Sikh's but by the sangat behaving in the manner that they did, they are just providing ammunition to those organisations that are trying to cause problems between Hindu's and Sikh's. ACT AND SPEAK IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GURU'S TEACHINGS!

One other thing I do not like is the burning of the India flag. What will this achieve apart from making you look like fools to the world? This is just pure and simple hatred for India. Don't forget that many Sikh's died fighting for independance. What did the world think of the Iraqi's burning USA flags? Khalistan is an important issue but fight for it in accordance with the Guru's teachings. Hatred causes anger, in turn anger clouds the mind and this causes people to do things that they would not do. On a personal note, I have engaged in conversations with some 'hardcore Khalistani's' and from what I saw, they knew everything about Operation BlueStar and Shaheed Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala but when it came to the important aspects of the Sikh faith, they had no clue. And before any Sangat member starts moaning, I said SOME KHALISTANI's and NOT ALL KHALISTANI's.

The Guru's fought against oppression and tyranny but never did they once have hatred for the enemy. I refer the sangat to Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi and Guru Hargobind. Dasmesh Pita Guru Gobind Singh lost his four sons and yet never had hatred for the enemy. Many Sikh's are going away from the fundamentals taught by Guru Nanak Dev Ji and are embracing a more militant outlook that was never sanctioned by any of the Guru's. Guru Hargobind militarized the Sikh's but there was ground rules and I don;t see many people operating with these rules in their mind in todays world.

Knowing what the Guru's taught is good, but even better is putting it into practise.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

GuruFateh!

great post indeed... exactly my sentiments word by word :wub:

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

GuruFateh!

Having hatred will turn your own people against you. Many times I have heard and discussed with fellow singh's about the BlueStar aftermath and a lot of them hate certain elements of it. The proper soormeh were the likes of Shaheeds Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala, Sukhdev Singh Babbar, Baba Gurbachan Singh Manochal and countless others. But there was the other parties of people who infused with pure and simple hatred against India and Hindu's would have committed atrocities that are wrong. Regardless of the situation (Innocent sikh's were killed before and after 1984) killing innocent people on the other side does not make it right just because innocents were killed on our side. Punishing the organisers and perpetrators and giving them a fitting reply in terms of Sikhi was correct. A lot of khalistani's I have met are attacking people just because their opinions don't match their own. Here is an example:

A friend of mine had an Indian flag in his car and a khalistani came up to him and hit him in the mouth and THEN said give me the flag. There can not be anyone on this site that agrees with this. This khalistani would have been better to explain to the veer what his reasons were for dislike of the flag and educate him. But by having a gung-ho attitude of hit first ask questions later will turn many sikh's against the principle of Khalistan. My friend became disillusioned with the idea of khalistan until I sat down with him and explained the whole situation and the need for khalistan. We as Sikh's can achieve a great deal more if we sit down and educate our Veer's and Bhen Ji's, a whole lot more.

Another friend of mine had his arm broken and leg fractured by another so called khalistani because he did not agree in burning the flag. My friend supports khalistan but does not believe in committing childish acts such as burning the flag. A better approach (as stated before) is to educate and then let the Sikh's make up their mind. If the full story is told, there would not be many who oppose Khalistan.

We also need to root out holier than thou attitudes. Many Sikh's believe that just because they have a kesh, they are automatically better than those without (Mona). Granted that the people with kesh are in the Guru's form as Guru Gobind Singh gave us the precious gift of the Panj Kakkar but I see many of these Sikh's with kesh doing things that are totally wrong or some do not have a clear understanding of Sikhi. I have come across a number of Moneh who have a better understanding of Sikhi and practice it a lot more than those with a kesh. They do not feel ready to grow a kesh as they say they are not in the correct mind frame with regards to Sikhi so they say 'we do not want to disrespect the kakkar by keeping them whilst our minds are not fully on track with Sikhi.' They say they would rather be Moneh for the time being rather than grow a kesh and disrespect it as they have seen many others do. Like I said in my previous post, all SIkh's are on different levels with regards to Sikhi. Some are lower down on the ladder than others whilst some are further up the ladder than others. We shouldn't say you are not a Sikh because you do not have kesh. These moneh are still learners of Sikhi, they are learning and hopefully, with Waheguru's kirpa, they will find enlightenment and follow with a full heart, the beautiful path of Sikhi.

You'll only realise how Stupid you look hating Hindus when you actually Meet one who loves to talk about Sikhi.

True :TH:

I have a hindu friend. I mean I dont hate no hindu's gujarati's and I'm not ashamed of calling myself an indian either. Because at the end of the day my family are from India.

** Back to the topik **

I have a hindu friend and she's totally aware of 1984 attacks etc.. even she said that it's really wrong. And I've explained to her importance of Sikhi and respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj that we have, and she totally understood what I'm saying. She loves it when I talk about Sikhi.

GuruFateh!

Having hatred will turn your own people against you. Many times I have heard and discussed with fellow singh's about the BlueStar aftermath and a lot of them hate certain elements of it. The proper soormeh were the likes of Shaheeds Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala, Sukhdev Singh Babbar, Baba Gurbachan Singh Manochal and countless others. But there was the other parties of people who infused with pure and simple hatred against India and Hindu's would have committed atrocities that are wrong. Regardless of the situation (Innocent sikh's were killed before and after 1984) killing innocent people on the other side does not make it right just because innocents were killed on our side. Punishing the organisers and perpetrators and giving them a fitting reply in terms of Sikhi was correct. A lot of khalistani's I have met are attacking people just because their opinions don't match their own. Here is an example:

A friend of mine had an Indian flag in his car and a khalistani came up to him and hit him in the mouth and THEN said give me the flag. There can not be anyone on this site that agrees with this. This khalistani would have been better to explain to the veer what his reasons were for dislike of the flag and educate him. But by having a gung-ho attitude of hit first ask questions later will turn many sikh's against the principle of Khalistan. My friend became disillusioned with the idea of khalistan until I sat down with him and explained the whole situation and the need for khalistan. We as Sikh's can achieve a great deal more if we sit down and educate our Veer's and Bhen Ji's, a whole lot more.

Another friend of mine had his arm broken and leg fractured by another so called khalistani because he did not agree in burning the flag. My friend supports khalistan but does not believe in committing childish acts such as burning the flag. A better approach (as stated before) is to educate and then let the Sikh's make up their mind. If the full story is told, there would not be many who oppose Khalistan.

We also need to root out holier than thou attitudes. Many Sikh's believe that just because they have a kesh, they are automatically better than those without (Mona). Granted that the people with kesh are in the Guru's form as Guru Gobind Singh gave us the precious gift of the Panj Kakkar but I see many of these Sikh's with kesh doing things that are totally wrong or some do not have a clear understanding of Sikhi. I have come across a number of Moneh who have a better understanding of Sikhi and practice it a lot more than those with a kesh. They do not feel ready to grow a kesh as they say they are not in the correct mind frame with regards to Sikhi so they say 'we do not want to disrespect the kakkar by keeping them whilst our minds are not fully on track with Sikhi.' They say they would rather be Moneh for the time being rather than grow a kesh and disrespect it as they have seen many others do. Like I said in my previous post, all SIkh's are on different levels with regards to Sikhi. Some are lower down on the ladder than others whilst some are further up the ladder than others. We shouldn't say you are not a Sikh because you do not have kesh. These moneh are still learners of Sikhi, they are learning and hopefully, with Waheguru's kirpa, they will find enlightenment and follow with a full heart, the beautiful path of Sikhi.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

You'll only realise how Stupid you look hating Hindus when you actually Meet one who loves to talk about Sikhi.

And thats when you feel "And I was hating these people?" wacko.gif

Well akali.. I have to agree with you but then im trying hard to understand why is your topic only about khalistani hating others?

I don't think thats the main point to stress in our panth. If you study we have political problems all around the world. Sikh organizations in the east and in the west are trying to compete with each other and never bother to share/help each other. Sikh Raggis trying to be on the top from the others. Sikh Politicians are trying to even kill each other just to get the chair. Even in common sikh nuclear families, brothers are fighting/hating with each other on issues lik property, land.

My point is that it's not only about khalistani hating others, maybe it's happening in your area but not overall. Regarding the materials on the net creating jatha wars, khalistani wars, hating hindus are common and they are bunch immature kids who mostly are public shy and they become lion when they login into various forums and try to be the center of the attention. The best solution is to ignore them and try to give them good advice.

Not everybody is khalistani and mostly from the gruesome examples you posted (if they are true) are not by khalistani but he/she acted on his/her own behalf and nobody gave them certificate that he/she represent the khalistani member etc.. First of all there is no such membership of khalistani party etc and second of all those who claims to be khalistani and do these stuff are bunch of sickos. So in the end.. sikhs do not hate anybody.. those who do are not sikhs.. whether he is internet chardi kala bana wearing gursikh or whether he is awesome khalistani speaker.. Sikhi comes when we love each other and try to live peaceful life.